Regions thread: Dutch edition

Pick a province and I (and maybe other Dutch anons) will tell you what is going on there.

A Mexican user made a thread like this yesterday, I thought it could be fun too.

Tell me about Limburg, why does he wear the accent?

limburg

Shit you were quick. Exactly 7 seconds

It is ours by right.
But they're welcome to keep it

that's what she said :(

The more south you go, the weirder the dialect gets. Southern Limbougish is basically unintelligable for the average Dutch speaker. Most people from Limburg can speak regular Dutch however, although they usually have quite the accent. Limburg is predominantly catholic and isthe only province with actual hills. Furthermore Limburg is known for pies. Also Wilders is from Venlo and has quite a lot of support in the area IIRC.

what happens in Liège and why is the homicide rate so high there?

Zeeland

>what happens in Liège
Criminality and slow gentrification of a post-industrial disaster. Charlemagne was likely born in the area
>homicide
no clue desu, probably the criminality

Me. We have our own food, fish is very important here and there are a lot of German tourists for the beach. I'd recommend Zierikzee, Veere, Goes, and Middelburg for a visit. You're welcome to visit us.

Zeeland is mostly known for strict calvinists. And that is not a meme. A lot of Zeelanders are highly religious to this day. In the 17th century it was one of the most relevant provinces in the Netherlands but is kinda overlooked today. I think it's because the landscape isn't very good for building large cities on. Zeeland has a lot of nature. In the 50s, Zeeland was flooded and since then large waterworks have been constructed to prevent another flood. Also the Scheldt river connects the port of Antwerp with the ocean and because of that, Lelgium keeps asking us to make the Scheldt in Zeeland more sailable for large ships, but nobody really wants to do that.

Which is the region with less maghrebies?

Drenthe

literally nothing

Most places outside the red line don't have many Maghrebies, although there could still be many in some cities. If you want a specific province, Drenthe probably, but that is mostly because Drenthe is the emptiest and most overlooked province in the country.

Farmers with weird farm accents. In republican times Drenthe was so poor and irrelevant that it couldn't send representatives to the Estates-General. The Republic of the Seven United Provinces actually had eight provinces but they didn't even bother to put Drenthe in the name, due to irrelevancy.

Not a lot has changed since. It is still the most irrelevant province of the Netherlands.

It isn't as poor anymore though, Drenthe is pretty comfy if you like being away from the big cities.

Tell me about Brabant. Are they the special snowflakes of the Netherlands or is that the Frisians?

The special snowflakes are definitially the Frisians, and maybe Limburg. Brabant is like a less weird version of Limburg. It is a very catholic provence and is known for huge carneval celebrations. Also Eindhoven is pretty relevant for the electronics industry. Most of the land is rural though.

Brabant is essentially Limburg Light™. Every year the entire province goes crazy over carnaval which is nothing but an excuse to get drunk, cheat on your partner and wake in your neighbours garden. Limburg does the same in a slightly different matter and because of this there is always a battle going between the two about who has the best carnaval. The cities are small, the villages even smaller and if you're an outsider they will remind you even after 10 years of living in Brabant. It's also worth noticing that a large amount of XTC and weed is produced here.

Retarded Germans.

Groningen

They have occasional tremors due to gas winning, one bike-friendly city filled with students and lots of nothing. Other than that I really don't know anything about Groningen as it's the only province I haven't visited yet.