People talk about Cleveland being some kind of cursed place, but what about Oakland?

People talk about Cleveland being some kind of cursed place, but what about Oakland?

Warriors: Only good recently. Historical joke
A's: Good in the 70s and late 80s, but been a huge joke since. People know it as the Moneyball team, movie made about it in a year they DIDN'T win the WS

Raiders: Joke for the past 15 years, and now that they look decent, they're relocating

What the fuck? What about our suffering?

Your city literally won a championship last year. Suck my nuts OP

Those places are still in California.

Cleveland is in shitty Ohio. Next to a river that actually caught fire once. All they have are their sports teams. And they're perennial failures.

this is some poor bait.

Cleveland last won a championship in 1964. The Tribe last won in 1948.
The Cavs have never won.

It is time to stop posting, OP

I've never heard of Oakland outside of sports and apparently they have 3 teams. Is it a proper city?

Uhh the OAKLAND Raiders last won in 1980
The Oakland A's last won in 1989

Yeah. It's not like we're full of winning either. Before last year, it was 1975 since the Warriors won

Why do the Warriors have the Golden Gate bridge on their logo? The bridge connects San Francisco with Marin county. it has nothing to do with Oakland.

Your age is showing. kys

it's the Bay Bridge, you idiot.

Yeah, its a bit smaller than Cleveland. Only 400,000 people. Not that large of a metro area either.

Nope. Not even close. The Bay Bridge has no such towers on it. It is clearly the Golden Gate bridge.

Ok, is it wrong that I always think of Oakland as a San Francisco suburb?

Because Cleveland didn't even have that shit you mentioned. When the Raiders were a dynstasy and the As won a world series, Cleveland was in economic decline and hasn't had a sports team win a championship in almost a decade.

Oakland is having a nice resurgence now but Cleveland hasn't changed in more than 50 years. 50 FUCKING years.

this is the Bay Bridge. Notice the missing section.

there are some people who live in Oakland and work in San Francisco, because they simply cannot afford to live elsewhere.

>implying Oakland isn't in an economic decline itself

Cleveland hasn't had to deal with multiple relocation threats like Oakland has recently

Oakland has nothing to do with San Francisco

Those are literally all like 20 or more years more recent.
West coasters are literally shitting up this board.

do we not count Ohio State's last championship?
>inb4 amateur sports
Ohio St is a incredibly popular team. Its not like fucking North Dakota St winning it all.

After they moved from Philly, the Warriors played in Kezar Pavilion, next to Kezar Stadium, on the southeast corner of Golden Gate Park.

When the city couldn't afford to build a new arena (this was when the Giants were threatening to move to Tampa), they moved to Oakland and became the Golden State Warriors.

It's not that hard to figure out.

You're dumb as fuck bro

this.

No one in Cleveland follows Cleveland State except for that one time years ago when they made the NCAA bball tourney and won their first game.

It's an Ohio State city all the way.

How? It just proves that we're dealing with two relatively cursed areas

neither are New York or Los Angeles. We're both small, relatively overlooked cities

Even if Oakland was somewhat "cursed" it's irrelevant now because of the Warriors. If you would've posted this 3 years ago then yeah, you'd probably have a point

None of these will probably be in Oakland anyways in 20 years, which makes me sad because I grew up in the South Bay and that's just the way it's supposed to be :(

Over ran by nigger scum. So no it is not

Sad

Raiders moving to LA/Las Vegas
A's moving to Portland
Warriors moving to SF

Oh well

The Falcons last won never, the Hawks 1958, the Barves 95, the Thrashers, which relocated, only made the playoffs once. You can make the same argument for many cities dude.

>raiders might move back to la
nice

Yeah, I think the Raiders will end up back in LA