Is he the greatest of all time?

Is he the greatest of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/G2RRbrVxxOo?t=22s
youtube.com/watch?v=dyPYcAl2tcs
youtube.com/watch?v=RFGoVXtgNHc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

greatest shit talking nigger who would get banged if he played 10 minutes of the modern game

>comparing two different eras.
he has to be compared with players from his era

>Scoring against FC Port Worker a gazillion times makes you GOAT
>B-But they kicked him really hard :(

No, he's not GOAT. We have to appreciate what he did for football, but to say he is the GOAT is absolutely ludicrous.
Tactics back then were fucking awful. They had to make up for their lack of defensive skills and defensive organisation by kicking the shit out of each other.

>B-But he won 3 World Cups

Being surrounded by some of the greatest players of his era (Garincha, Rivellino etc.)

The true GOAT debate is between Maradona/Ronaldo/CR7/Messi, but Messi seems to be so much more versatile, consistent and just plain better than both the others I listed. Messi is the one and only GOAT for me and will only be surpassed in the next thirty years.

>never played in Europe
>cant get an erection
>refuses to acknowledge his team mates
>of his 3 world cups he actually only played good in 1
>shits on Romario for counting some of his 1000goals in friendlies whilst Pele counts goals scored in corporate friendlies, and tv adverts

who is the goat in your opinion

>CR7

Rasheed

I put him in there to shut up the guys who think he is GOAT. I don't think he's top 5. Somewhere in the top 10 though.

>CR7

see

He's definitely the best of his era and deserves a spot on every top 10 list strictly because of that.

Football was still a joke back then.

>le score a gorillion goals against Clube do Futebol Huehueheue and FC 70's America man

Garrincha was better.

Zidane
Absolutely nobody commanded a game like Zidane.

>ecuador

>ecuadork

How can anyone say it is not Messi?

i hope this is bait. Even rivaldo was better than that arab fucker

Deusdedeth please.

Build wall.

imho zidane > messi

I'd agree, but Zidane lasted longer.

some people started watching football before 09

those are nicknames idiot

>scoring against Getafe, Sporting Gión and Malmo a gazillion times make you GOAT

this argument will literally be made 30 years from now

lmao, Messi is just as good a playmaker as Zidane while also being the best dribbler of all time and a top 3 goalscorer of all time.

hoIy shit, someone from ecuadork has electricity

You mean except Scholes, Xavi, Laudrup, Vieira, Matthäus, Keane and Iniesta right? Because they're all comfortably better than le highlight big games meme man.

Like it's not even debatable.

Do you want a player who will pull of 2-3 nice tricks/flicks in a final and be anonymous all season or do you want someone who can actually control and dominate leagues for 10 years and pick up every trophy going? Because if it's the latter then I have no idea why you think Zidane is so great.

good point my hue friend.
>Scoring a gazilion times against Eibar, rayo vallecano makes you goat

>Garrincha was better.
>mfw

How to make your opinion irrelevant on any footballing subject ever:

>Put trip on
>Say Zidane is unironically the GOAT

He's like top 30, but not the GOAT.

>Scoring against literal dock workers
>Scoring against full time players who train hard almost everyday

Gee, I wonder which is harder.

that's already being argued today.

>Messi is just as good a playmaker as Zidane

proof needed

sure, messi is fun to see with all that tiki taka, and probably the best dribller ever, still can0t compare in terms of football vision with zidane

This is a post made by a person who actually watched Zidane play.

youtube babby if there ever was one. Give me Scholes over Zidane any day (and I don't even consider Scholes to be the GOAT midfielder)

youtu.be/G2RRbrVxxOo?t=22s

shit i'd take pirlo over zidane if u asked me. Zidane is overrated as fuck

>ask for proof
>links me to a youtube video

kek, even tsunaldo looks good on youtube compilation videos

GOAT era
>2005 onwards: Ronaldinho, Messi, Ronaldo, Kaka, Rooney, Suarez, Iniesta, Scholes, Zlatan, Martial, Neuer, de Gea, Ferdinand, Vidic

Good era
>60s/70s
Cruyff, Best, Eusébio, Charlton, Moore, Beckenbauer, Pele & other meme Brazillians, di Steffano, Puskas

Shit era
>90s/early 00s
Zidane, Fat Ronaldo, Batistuta, Nedved, Beckham, Figo, Kahn, Stam, Maldini and other Nostalgia babbies that most people on this board grew up watching and for psychology reasons (selection biases, positive affect etc.) seem to overrate to fuck

It's the truth and you know it. Deep down, you know what I'm saying is true.

We are currently in the GOAT age. Embrace and enjoy it. It'll maybe never happen again.

youtube.com/watch?v=dyPYcAl2tcs

Confirmed for GOAT.

Not happy with the formatting of this post so I'm going to post it again with the correct greentexting.
Here...I...go

GOAT era
>2005 onwards
Ronaldinho, Messi, Ronaldo, Kaka, Rooney, Suarez, Iniesta, Scholes, Zlatan, Martial, Neuer, de Gea, Ferdinand, Vidic

Good era
>60s/70s
Cruyff, Best, Eusébio, Charlton, Moore, Beckenbauer, Pele & other meme Brazillians, di Steffano, Puskas

Shit era
>90s/early 00s
Zidane, Fat Ronaldo, Batistuta, Nedved, Beckham, Figo, Kahn, Stam, Maldini and other Nostalgia babbies that most people on this board grew up watching and for psychology reasons (selection biases, positive affect etc.) seem to overrate to fuck

It's the truth and you know it. Deep down, you know what I'm saying is true.

We are currently in the GOAT age. Embrace and enjoy it. It'll maybe never happen again.

If any other player is a one club man, he is treated like a god by the soccer community

But when Messi, the GOAT, is a one club man, people insist that he isn't good because he hasn't "proven himself" in other leagues, despite winning multiple CL's and being the focal reason for doing so

>HATERS

That's only because he's still an active player and a lot of people are assblasted at his success and try to be edgy contrarians.

In 15 years he will be considered the unanimous GOAT (and Donaldo will be top 10)

No actually, he's not a one club man. Barca signed Messi from Barca B in 2004.

>(and Donaldo will be top 10)
You mean top 2, right?

Possibly.

>China

>PK7
Ahmed pls

Fat ronaldo in his prime is way better than most from the GOAT era

I'm 36 and I always thought Maradona was GOAT but now there's really no discussion, Messi is the absolute GOAT

>Scholes
Christ alive people still fall for this

Not even better than the real Ronaldo.

The real Ronaldo is the Brazilian, unless you're an Arab teen Mehmet

The real Ronaldo is the one that springs to mind when you say Ronaldo.

i.e. Cristiano

>Ronaldo
3 champions leagues
3 league titles
>Fat bald Ronaldo
0 champions leagues
1 league title (in a team with beckham, figo, zidane, raul)

case closed

I don't think you can say a player is the best of all time (or of the world for that matter) but he is one of those players that dominated the game. Pelé, Maradona, Di Stéfano, Messi, Zidane all have something special when you see them play.

>Scholes
you englards are 2 cheeky sometimes

>this delusion

Martial > Pele
Best > Maradona
Law/Charlton > di Stefano
Cristiano > Messi
Scholes > Zidane

Messi is the best player ever imo

Pele is so full of himself, hes nowhere near Messi and should just shut up already

Actually, most footballers say the real Rinaldo when referring to the Brazilian one so wrong, Ahmed

>Le scoring without offside nigger

>they actually think a tax-dodging, autistic manlet is better than TSUUUUUUUUU
No surprise, Sup Forums is always wrong about these things.

>bumping this 5 seconds before it's archived

please go

People always said some promising player is next Messi, nobody ever said next Ronaldo, easy like that

t. homosexual spic

falling for the troll

Damn I never even thought of that but that's absolutely true

Maybe it's this guy posting

That kinda work both ways thou

I agree with the others but martial is not better than Pele, he's a generic pacebanby

Is this meant to be an example of delusion

>Do you want a player who will pull of 2-3 nice tricks/flicks in a final
Even then he once got shut out of a CL final by Paul Lambert.

Garrincha was better. Prove me wrong

im so glad fergie retired so you can feel some of that liverpoop feel again (the feeling of despair)

You fuckers never heard of Cruijff?
Singlehandedly changed the game to modern standards, whilst playing better than any other player of his era. He was also a very good manager. Very influential.

He was truely GOAT.

I've always found extremely funny how people claim Messi was the new Maradona because muh Getafe goal while he is literally Manlet Cruyff.

>scholes

>no sticky
>ever

If he were really GOAT, he'd have had a sticky when he died.

For

Some might be overrated, such as Beckahm, Figo, maybe Maldini or Zidane. But fat Ronaldo is not overrated at all, same with Zidane.

I meant maybe Maldini or Batistuta.

That's totally false. It depends on their style

>Next Ronaldo
Depay
Hazard
Douglas Costa
Robben
Obertan
Nani

>Next Messi
Januzaj
Coutinho
Gotze
Koke
Bojan
etc.

>He thinks there will be another player on Messi's level

Pele was great, but it was a whole different sport back then. You can't pinpoint an all time best, but it is surely between Pele/Maradona/Messi.

greatest example of american media hype. never proved himself in europe.

>martial

>muh modern game
kek

>Martial, Neuer, de Gea, Ferdinand, Vidic
triggered hard

>1958, lucky goals
>1962, didnt even play
>1966, failed
>1970 got carried

yea hes the goat .. at fucking trannies

i cringe watching you guys discuss this.
Go ask your grandpa what he thinks,thats what i did.
>Best player
Pelé,but Messi getting there
>Most skilled
Maradona
>4th(old third before Messi came)
Zidane
now fuck off and stop talking about players that the most action you saw was a 5 minute highlights youtube video

Different eras make it impossible
>no diet, drinking and smoking
>primitive training
>no sports science
>not so many doctors with blood spinning and all that shit
>pitches churned up to fuck
>balls solid as fuck
>tackles that don't end lives generally allowed

The thing going for Pele is that he was one of the most complete players ever. Physically he was a complete anachronism. His overall scoring record doesn't really come into it.

no one but jews and brazilians think that pele is the best ever, and if you ask here they will say Ronaldinho was better than Pele

Many people in Brazil claim that Leonidas was the GOAT, I've never seen him playing but many people say he was the best.

You can't say Pelé is not one of the GOATs, he never lost a squad game while playing with Garrincha, score more goals than anyone and won the brazilian league a lot of times (even the weakest teams in Brazil that time were better than the european ones).

People say that the true GOAT is Messi are delusional, he can't win a freaking WC. By that standard we can't compare him and Pelé. Soccer is becoming even more a physical sport and many of you think Messi is GOAT for this, while at Pelé's time, everyone had the most advanced physical attributes they could have (soccer didn't have the infrastructure that it has now) and he still BTFO a lot of people.

Many of those players that you guys cited don't even can be compared to true GOATs like: Careca; Zico; Rivaldo; Rivelino (IIRC Maradona's insipiration) ; Socrates; Ronaldo; Romario; Bebeto and even Rivaldo.

Pelé>Maradona>Messi

Just this

youtube.com/watch?v=RFGoVXtgNHc

Orlando Friedenrich scored more goals than him.