twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bit racist haha

good policy

should be sued for discrimination under EU law tbqh

Their club, their rules.

quintessentially basque

Every club should do it.

They don't win anything so they're only hurting themselves

It's not just about birthplace, but also nurture. Griezmann, for example, could sign for Athletic since he played for the youth ranks of a Basque team.

i see

>le lets put a nigger there so they dont say we are racist

they won a cup against barcelona tho

won more than that shit team from Barcelona......Espanyol

This

they said that their biggest victory is seeing 11 basques playing

Athletic has a noice anthem
youtube.com/watch?v=G0dhOC4yC5A

Athletic's policy isn't official. It's a commom law between club members and supporters.

Fucking love it. usa should implement that policy.

Tldr; no spics allowed

EEUU es Méjico

I'm white but ok monkey. Don't die of zika ;)

15% of our population is latino, and most of them were born here. This rule would only exclude the Germans on our team.

>tfw no sudacas and blacks in Guadalajara
Feels notrophiesinyears man.

They won 2 consecutive Ligas in the '80s. Also, they do well in Copa and reached an EL final some years ago.

This too. Llorente f.i isn't basque but riojano.

They also had a Venezuelan player of Basque descent iirc

Spic detected.

Sorry you have shit for skin but here in my waterfront town in MA we barely have any beaners.

Btw stay out of my state wetback.

Based policy.

Better than most clubs that aren't named Barcelona or Real Madrid.

Canadian NHL franchises should adopt this policy

It's good, I like it.

Ass: porrista de Chivas

no
I'm a Cruz Azul fan and you can tell I'm not lying because no one in their sane mind would lie about supporting such a suicide-inducing club as Cruz Azul

help me please :(

who you think will win the libertadores?

How it should be everywhere.

That'd be fine. Even better if the US and Canada had separate leagues, with actual clubs instead of franchises and promotion/relegation.

I find it astonishing how such a club can compete in this day and age. It just shows the importance of players identifying with their club.

probably São with some crazy Ganso assists but it would be nice to see Independiente win the whole thing

Also: never has been relegated

On a side note, why do I see so many Britbongs on here saying that the EPL should do the same to increase "quality"?
It's not like England's national team has done so well as of recent.

God damn he is ugly

We are coming for (You) cuck.

They have to go back

Stay in your own shitty country. We already have enough people shitting up ours.

to increase the quality of England's NT, that is

Yep in FM you can sign any Spanish or French player as long as they're 16

>implying he's not Basque

oh fuck, now I want to start playing FM again; is FM 16 worth it or should I keep playing 13?

It always is

Say what you want, but they're the spanish club with the most identity.

Incredibly impressive. They also dont sell players unless they get every penny they want.

You could form an all basque team with players across leauges and theyd compete with barca and the madrids.

More clubs should do this

More clubs should have this policy, though I'd respect them an actual noteworthy amount if they hadn't caved and let a few dindus play. There's a documentary on them and the first half of it is basically a load of people going
>B-But we're not racist, guys! l-look! There's a nigger here now!

Other way around. He was a basque player of venezuelan decent who decided to play for venezuela when it became clear he was too shit for Spain.

>There are not black people born anywhere outside Africa

you didn't have to go Sup Forums there

They were a third wheel to Madrid/Barca for the longest time until money became the issue.

So are the the Chivas of Spain then?

They would be more like the Chivas of the Basque Country

You know what I mean senpai.

Are there more clubs like this?

I mean the muh heritage and pride is pretty cool I guess.

I don't like liars, m8. If you want a basque only policy, it better be a fucking basque only policy. And if you're so afraid of being called racist that you ditch everything to sign a black kid called Williams (proper basque name, that) then you better be honest enough to say its because you're afraid of being called racist.

There are loads, not many as strictly enforced or as successful as Bilbao. There were a bunch of teams in Europe with the name Hakoah or Maccabi, which were all Jewish, like Hakoah Vienna, who won the Austrian league in the 1920s before mysteriously disappearing in 1938. Celtic and Rangers used to be much fiercer about allowing Protestants and Catholics to join their clubs, but that's changed now. There's an FC Romania in the English lower leagues who only use Romanians.

His name is Iñaki and he was born in Bilbao.

You're a retard

No one cares about your backwater redneck village, Cletus

Based as fuck. Guadalajara lifelong here, >we have the same policy for hiring just Mexicans. Second place in liga titles in >Mexican league

Who's going to make my carne asada super burritos and lengua tacos then?

Bad plan, fuccboi. Let the ones who work AND aren't criminal scum, stay. If you commit a crime, send em right over into a Mexican prison. Ours are full.

If you don't want to work, send them back.

If you're here for work and you can get a job and pay taxes, you can stay.

Money wasn't the problem, but the osman law

funny thing the actual assholes might be Real Sociedad whose policy during a long time was to only sign basques and foreigners, never spanish players
at least Athletic has muh youth excuse

You would know a lot about that, wouldn't you Argentina?

Why would they be assholes when teams like madrid only have 2 spaniards in the starting line up? The end result is similar

That's the whole point. It would increase the quality of the national team.

our biggest win is to see 11 basques not laying bombs

>It would increase the quality of the national team.
how?

That sounds hilarious to be honest. It would be like if Celtic or another Scottish team refused to sign any English players. Lol. Taking bants to a whole new level

How is Vazquez playing? Is he still premacrocked?
Heard that you guys are interested in buying Castillo from Universidad Catolica for a a lot of €€€. (Club Bruges currently still owns him)

t. Bruges supporter

maybe assholes wasn't the best word, I just didn't want to say racist
and yes, Madrid are pretty bad at it but still it's not some kind of every but this people allowed

depending on local talent mean you will have to develop it instead of throwing money at some foreigner
Athletic is the main reason of why basques have been historically so dominant in our NT

they are also the only ones who have payed tribute to ETA and that kind of things IIRC

Because it would increase the pool of English talent. More English players playing regular football for the top clubs. Instead of Englishmen being sidelined for Johnny Foreigners like it is at the moment.

Maybe to a foreigners perspective you think the reason England do shit is just because there's so much hype and weight on the shoulders. Well we think that a little bit too. But also we are all pretty sure that if we fostered more English talent in our game then England would be monumentally better off.

I don't know the statistics but I'm pretty certain we have more foreigners than Germany, France, Spain, Italy in our top league, and all you guys do better than us because you've got that home grown talent.

>basques have been dominant in the NT
Really? Only a few years ago all your best players were Catalans from Barca. Xavi, Puyol, Pique, etc

the top two provinces with more internationals (in our whole history) are basques
catalans only got gud recently because of La Masia

not sure if it's updated but it's useful to get an idea of it
NT players per region

An inspiration to us all maybe the rest of the world should follow their example in all walks of life

should be obligatory for all clubs, and a few slots for foreign players

it works for them because spain has good players

I don't think there should be any foreign players. Go back to football teams representing the area that they're from

Love Athletic. Firm, solid belonging. This should be a rule.

I agree, we should not rest until there's not a single spaniard left on the team.

better than having a club of mercs like PSG or sum shit

you make some moonshine today cletus?

Great player desu

He was born in Bilbao, and the OP did say "born there", not "basques who were born there"

Underrated post.

The policy is unwritten and its basically anyone born in the basque region or went through the youth academy.

Iñaki Williams was born in Bilboa hence why he qualifies. There arent that many players born outside of the basque region that they take, regardless if they are of basque blood, if they are born outside of basque country or didnt go through the youth Academy it doesnt happen often at all. That Venezuelan dude is one of the few, and currently Laporte who is french-basque.

>the eternal swede

would be really really cool to see griezzman sign for them when hes older and not good enough for any of the super clubs. it would cuck real sociedad pretty bad but it would be nice to see a player like that at bilbao

Apparently Bilboa management is not one players would like to deal with. Javi Martinez, Ander Herrera, Fernando Llorente have had horrible things to say about the way the club handled their situations. If you notice they never really bring in high quality basque players, only youth players.

Really?.... you?

Underrated post

Chivas - Only mexicans
Saprissa - Only costarricans
El Nacional (Ecuador) - Only ecuatorians

lmao

Outside of Halal and Uefalona, they're the only team never to be relegated in La Liga history.

Because they can't afford to buy consolidated high quality players.

The way it usually works is young players> Athletic>leave to somewhere else if you're good enough.

They tend to cuck Real Sociedad when it comes to sign kids for the youth teams.

They are going to be pretty fucked when Aduriz retires.

For the record Fernando Amorebieta's father is a former cesta punta (jai alai in the USA) who is from Iurreta, town where some of my cousins live, and played in Venezuela at the time. He was raised here. He plays for Venezuela because he has a bigger chance of being capped.

t. Athletic fan