Today I'd like to discuss Indonesia and get to know what it is a bit better

Today I'd like to discuss Indonesia and get to know what it is a bit better.

These are the facts and stats:
>population of 261,600,000, 4th in the world
>Iraq level HDI (600 something)
>brown-chineese muslims
>ex colony of muslims and dutch, been a colony until 1949
>minimum wage of around 122 dollars
>lots of volcanos and nature(getting poached from what I've read)
>300 ethnic groups
>good cuisine(even I know nasi goreng)
>approximately 40% of the entire population remain vulnerable of falling into poverty, as their income hover marginally above the national poverty line, set at 330,776 rupiah per person per month ($22.60)

Tell me more about this place, something I don't know. Maybe the Dutch or Australians can give me some interesting info?
How are the people? Are they ultra muzzies like pakis? How is the food? Is it that poor? My friend was on Bali and he didn't like it, what's the better place to go to and not get stabbed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WFtNxRXFCAQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>flag
But you are Indonesian

>what's the better place to go to and not get stabbed
don't go here at all, leave us alone

Literally ruled over by the chinese.

they have nice beaches and execute anyone who uses drugs, what more is there to say really

Nice, a Indonesian.

Question.

Do you consider islam spreading across your country in XIII century as colonization?

Is it? I didn't know that.

I did know that, I saw some clips and photos my buddy made, but he said it's not safe.

>Dutch
Don't you ever mention those fuckers

What did they do? I've read just some articles about Indonesia, no wiki pages etc.

>Do you consider islam spreading across your country in XIII century as colonization?
another form of opium war, an effective one

I thought opium wars were a chineese thing and later than in XIII century.

oops, not that Opium war, the Opium "war" in terms of warfare.
islam was soothing corruption rather than violent one

At least some of you were happy with our presence :(

Hey bro ;)

So it's not considered colonialism?

de jure no, de facto yes.
deep down we know islam is a problem but we refuse to acknowledge it.
i just wished we never opened any door to any foreigner, we should be merchant in more traditional market like china or india of creating our own

Java Island is very crowded. It's 141 million people in 128,000 square km - smaller than England (just England; not the whole UK).

You can see the settlements in pic related creeping up the slopes of an active volcano.

instead of*

Insane when you overlay the island over Russia or something and compare populations. Such is the miracle of fertile soil and nice weather

real indo is here

depends of what do you call as colonization
to be true, there are almost none of originality of religion in Indonesia

Hindu was spreaded because kutai in Borneo accepted it from India merchant
Buddha was spreaded because India merchant too
Islam was spreaded because arabs, Chinese, and Gujarat merchant too

probably the only religion that can be called as true colonization is christian since the Dutch and portuguese missionary that came too here as their official

the corruption thing actually was introduced by Dutch VOC son

Why is Indonesia called like that? Is there some native name?

Do other religions but Islam cause problems in Indonesia?

t-bh i rather want our main capital of government in Borneo or Sumatera
Java is too crowded, this all happen because the dominant javanese policy

aka themselves the one who become the agent of economy, not the locals of regions

our rightful clay that we got cucked out of

has since degenerated into monkey island, as all colonies tend to do.

do you even know what word "corruption" even means?
chistians with their constant whining, abrahamic beliefs need to go

emm can you be specify, what's problem?
modern era? all time era? or past era?

It's actually from brit anthroplogist, Indonesia because the culture and the people kinda came from India
fat first, Majapahit (the first largest ancient kingdom in Indonesia) want to name it Nusantara, then the yuropean coming want to call it Indonesia, some other european want to call it to melayunesia

I know Garuda from Shin Megami Tensei games. Didn't know it's a Indonesian legend.

So only whining or like hurting people?

Was it better during Dutch rule, like a lot of African colonies during Euro rule?

Well the past 40-50 years and now.

Future threaths are good to discuss as well, it's always interesting.

whining with a very high risk of violent vengeance, happened once.
they will never stop demanding until everyone else became christian, just like islam.
i spat in front of christian evangelist trying to give me brochure once and then he flatted my car's tire

all I know is that the only thing making it a single country is that they were ruled by the Dutch. Also, leave East Timor alone pls

>like a lot of African colonies during Euro rule?
Better for who? Euros weren't doing charity in Africa, you know.

Are they Catholics or some other branch of Christianity?

I experienced the brochure thing only from some protestants and people following pentecostalism.

>leave East Timor alone
we should, but muh feel fags still thinks we are responsible for Eats timorese poverty so we should take their garbage tier refugees.

How's your country handling having your first christian governor of jakarta?

protestant equivalent to wahabist
catholic equivalent to """"moderate""""" muslims
you can take it like that

muslims got butt in the hurt even more than their usually do

Rupiah is a pretty kool sounding currency

like something out of Hyrule

I don't know what's a wahabist to be honest. My only contact with muslims are a tatar I know(and he hates arab muslims far beyond anything I know) and a turk making kebabs few streets away.

wahabists are fundamental no-fucking-around-no-fun-allowed muslims

The Quaran is their only law

>I don't know what's a wahabist
basically "your culture sucks, you should be like this instead"

It can be called as corruption thing if it affect the control of politician power in unfair treatment

the VOC and Dutch affected almost everything and the first who did that
they have the one of the highest monompoly in economy
their member enriched themselves
the politic of Devide et Impera by them between our kingdoms
you should be graceful because there are one of dutch, Van Deventer that suggested Dutch to have an Ethical politic in the end of 19th century

okay here i will list em all

Islam, because the majority sometimes kinda redneck of americans
aka their way is not Indonesia but still want to be called as Indonesian way

christian, especially catholic. They are persistent minority that consist in spreading their catholism. Also the worst is the chink one, they are the most ignorant fuck that forced everyone into their teaching while the constitution said no one can force someone to following a specify religion. The protestant majority is from Batak and they are widely known arogant. The christian love to play with their victim card.

Hindu, they are fine as long you guise not disturb their way of hinduism. Sometimes kinda jerk because too protectionist to their own culture

Buddha, there are two kind of Buddhist. The local one and the chink one. The local one is fine, the chink one is the trouble almost like chink christian.

oh btw, don't go to Bali if you want have a comfy holiday in Indonesia, go to Lombok, Raja Ampat, Karimun Java, Semarang or Bandung

I see. So it's a mix of religion and culture that tries to dominate others by all means necessary.

Are they considered as "evil" in Indonesia or just "normal"?

that's opposite, It's the catholic one who keep spread their shits

just like i said before the wahhabist kinda like redneck of american
their way is not Indonesian but insist to be called as Indonesian way
btw in here to contain the wahhabist durkas, our Elders made an organization special for them
with this way they can be wahhabist as long and as much as they can but can't into terroriat way

>corruption as political term
context, son.
told you to take it as "word"
if you don't think islam has skewed our way of thinking your're deluded

I see religion is a tough topic in Indonesia. No wonder thought.

Now, let's go foward.

Tell me how does a average Indonesian persons life look like and give me some food(with recepies if there's a chance).

then by your term you can add Hindu and buddhist too

both are spreading their shit, catholic with "peaceful" approach like moderate islam, and protestant with their aggressive approach.
>Are they considered as "evil" in Indonesia or just "normal"?
islam is kind of normalized, although rejection is begin to soar, anything else considered evil

>deep down we know islam is a problem but we refuse to acknowledge it

are people even religious outside of the rural areas? I don't think I've ever read a speech by Jokowi mentioning God or religion in general

it is, though you can't blame escapist mentality on them, unlike the abrahamic ones

So from all the religions Islam is considered the most "normal" one?

the protestant is only go way around in their own group
the catholic one is the problem, escpecially chink with their foundation group
\
in big city, you can see sometimes, their missionaries spread some suspicious pamflet and also their political movement more into way than the protestant one

this one for the starter pack

A average Indonesian wears brand clothing?

similar to philippine, the food varies and hard to choose since they're pretty much covered almost every kind of flavor.
youtube.com/watch?v=WFtNxRXFCAQ

most bataknese and chink are protestant senpai, an extremely deluded too.
most catholic are devious central javanese

yes
a counterfeit brand clothing*

Thanks. I got this thing that I learn to cook 1 dish from each country that sparked my interest.

But for example, I can get Japanese spices and ingredients here(like dashi) but I think Indonesian ones might be hard to get which is sad.

Also - that girl is quite qt.

It can be branded one or the bootleg fake one
the most branded ones are usually from local brands

con.t from here i will list every food from breakfast to dinner
(mind to you that very food can be different in our regions)
>Breakfast
Chicken porridge,
Lontong kari,
Kupat tahu/Ketoprak,
Nasi Uduk,
Nasi Kuning

>Lunch
YamienNoodle
Lomie Noodle,
Soto Ayam,
Bakso Noodle (Meatball),
Tofu Meatball
Nasi Kapau / Padang

>Dinner
Satays,
Murtabak,
Fried Rice,
Pecel Lele (catfish) or chicken

pic related our choice of menu in Nasi Kapau

I'm a christian missionary who went to indonesia.
Common complaints were muslims burning churches down and that they get accused of blasphemy 24/7

sorry the most catholic one is the chink one, yes the most catholic is from javanese but the catholic who has more power is the chink one

> I see religion is a tough topic in Indonesia.
It's 85% Muslim and has more Muslims than any other country in the world.

Most Indonesians are rural farmers who live traditional lifestyles that predate Islam and don't practice it "correctly". Urban Indonesians are either cultural Muslims or full on Salafists. Aceh province is a Sharia state and the Acehnese people (considered their own nationality) are intensely fanatical and conservative (unlike most of the country).

You also have Christian and Hindu minority.

Indonesia is an officially religiously pluralist country and allows five religious identities: Sunni Islam, Protestant Christianity, Catholic Christianity, Hinduism and Buddhism. Other religions aren't recognised, and irreligiousness/atheism are considered mental illnesses.

>IT'S CANADIAN SHITPOSTING TIME

Well I was curious about islam in Indonesia because here if we get rapots about it it's mostly info that christians were hurt by radical muslims.

>Nasi
it means rice?

>five religious identities
6, confucian has been approved
>Other religions aren't recognised
fucking hate this fact, what kind of cuck constitution approved foreign belief and rejected local ones?

don't trust the leaf, yes there are minority in here but we are not into that barbaric thing
we majority even don't want have a touch with them since we know well, the chisrtian will play well their victim card
only terrorist who will do that

yes nasi is rice

You eat a lot of fish, kalmari and chicken in spicy souce, at least it looks like it.

I need to get a semi-spicy chicken recepie because I dislike fish.

It's called gulai (malayan curry), gulai can into anything
chicken
fish
even cow brain
every regions in west of indonesia have different gulai style
for example the gulai of minag is more thicker than the gulai of bengkulu one

So I need to search for gulai chicken.

Is there a option for geese or turkey? I like geese meat more than chicken and I guess I could switch them.

yes almost every foods can into gulai
you even can put pork something like that as gulai
the point of gulai is the herbs, and then spices for soup

>Went there to see my friend getting married to his Indonesian gf
>Off the subs of Jakarta
>Expecting nice, quiet residentials
>Fuarking smacked by the redlight district
>Literally degeneracy beyond all acceptable levels
>Lady-boy walkers
>Pedo rings
>Dog fighting
>Skooma

Why do people insist on calling Indonesia a "paradise"? Literally worse than Detroit, and there aren't even any black people in it.

Indonesia has a mild form of Islam. It isn't liberal or moderate, it's just mild. Most Indonesians are rural subsistence farmers who live a very simple lifestyle, many illiterate.

Urban centres have always been centres of Islamic learning, like Jakarta, Macassar and Aceh. The cities have a strong Salafist streak. By contrast, the rural/tribal areas are more cultural Muslims who converted nominally and still live like Kaffir (non-Muslims).

Generally, most Indonesians aren't the most knowledgeable or observant of Islamic religion and practices, many of which are very basic in other regions of the Islamic world.

They're illiterate rural peasants.

Does it use a normal curry paste or some special one?

>jakarta
that's the problem

to get the best one, you need to follow the recipe
gulai is kinda different from curry, it has more herbs

All I know is that they are currently genociding the people of West Papua, as the majority of them are melanesian and want independence from Indonesia. West Papua is conveniantly also home to one of the largest goldminds in the world.
>But no one really talks about at as AUS and NZ are too afraid of indonesia to stand up.

However that's just politics, and the Indonesians I've met IRL have all be super friendly people.

>I dislike fish

>Garuda
Its also the name of mythical eagle in Indian mythology. Don't know if it's the same Garuda.

this what i hate about foreigner, they kinda take the source of news just from one side

the problem with papuan is like the nigger of american

>Muh welfare
>We wuz
>Muh Victim card

here the irony
the soldier can't shoot the separatist because that can be considered as human rights crime
but when the separatist of papua shot the soldier, it's not a human right crime

Just the other day I had to deal with a Portuguese fagget who confused Maoist insurgents with freedom fighters
It's best just ignore them

>paradise
who the fuck told you that shit
this post can't be more wrong, how the fuck we're genociding them when we keep letting them into javanese city like jakarta or jogjakarta?
also mind you we spend big sum of money every year for papua without significant return.
lol, ask any papuans (not PNG) if they want to be independent, you'll be surprised

it is, its not native indonesian, its indian influence

Those Goans still causing you trouble, Ravi?

>Abandonning Buddhism for Islam

Retarded imo

Buddhism provide meditative practice who allow you to have both a peaceful mind and a fearless spirit, it also doesn't oppose the local gods unlike Islam or Christianity, which allow you to worship your own gods and not being a cuck whoreshipping foreign gods. Buddhism is the perfect religion.

This Idonanon gets it

sup

Hey, I'm happy to hear opposing viewpoints, I'm just saying all I currently know.
Its not big here on the media (Actually both NZ/AUS government media dont mention at all), but there is a growing spread/protest on facebook.

I think the problem is they dont identify as indonesian? Hwoever if you look at PNG, its hardly a good place to live.

What do you guys think the solution would be without resulting in more violence/full on seperatism? More West Papuans in local govt?

>Also, apologising for all stupid nzers who go to bali.
Package holidays of drinking are opiate for our rich tradie masses.

Goans?lol. They hate Maoists.
Goans are completely fine here.
How's 4th term of cumunism doing,Justin?

Also in case you're confused where Maoist are cuming.

the problem is probably from their own themselves
they elect their own offcila from their own kind, but their official itself fucked and cirrupt their own kind too, and more corrupt than the rest of indons itself

pic related, a papuan mayor

>they dont identify as indonesian
wat
>What do you guys think the solution would be without resulting in more violence/full on seperatism?
build wall between west papua and PNG, so the agitators wouldn't be able to infiltrate.
>More West Papuans in local govt
take a look son, most of them are papuans

Are those some Indonesian-only herbs?

I only like trout, salmon and eel.

In fact we like eel so much in our region that we created the first method in the world to breed eels in captivity 2 years ago.

Oh yup, so they have corrupt local papua officials making money of the backs of everyone and blaming the Indo govt?
Very africa tier.

Thanks for your pov, good to hear both sides of a story.

Indonesian food is best food
Gib back clay.

Become independent after sucking Jap cock for three years, in doing so they exchanged the Dutch for the Chinese.

>They don't identify as Indonesian
You are confusing that the western idea of nation states is the same for rest of the world.
When asked in India, I won't identify as Indian, rather I will call myself Keraliyan.
I could say the same for Chinaese or Indonesian ethnicities.
However unlike the Europe, major Asian countries have concept of state nation, where nations are formed based on historical identity rather than on cultural identity.

They're snakes.
We literally made your country.

Why do so many people live in Java? What will be done about the overpopulation?

We got some Indonesian food here so I know it's really good.

I'm a fan of food from different places, like Polish(of course), Kaukaz food, Indonesian, Thai, Japanese, Mexican, African(some of mixes of veggies and fruit are good), Indian, 1 russian dish(solianka) etc.

I always try to know at least 1 recepie from each.

> countrylets
> wanting to tame giants

I believe the government is paying people to live somewhere else.

not in favor of chinese but at least they contributed tax and not aggressively trying to take control of our politic, unlike dutch.
the chinese problem is under control

Earthquake/Volcano/Tsunami/Disease/Famine

And if all else fails, there's the inevitable nuclear war.