Dutch man chooses to get euthanised due to his alcohol addiction

A man in the Netherlands has been allowed to die because he could no longer carry on living as an alcoholic.

Mark Langedijk, a father of two, chose to die on July 14 at his parent's home by lethal injection administered by a doctor, The Independent reported.

An account of the ordeal written by his journalist brother said he was laughing, drinking beer and ham sandwiches with his family hours before dying.

People in the Netherlands who are in "unbearable suffering" with no prospect of improvement can choose to die under euthanasia legislation introduced in 2000.

Other urls found in this thread:

stuff.co.nz/world/europe/87059938/dutch-man-chooses-to-get-euthanised-due-to-his-alcohol-addiction
youtube.com/watch?v=yn-eejMcmuA
youtube.com/watch?v=VWj1uQlFIrs
google.nl/search?q=mark langedijk&prmd=inmv&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjL-OCX8NDQAhXEL8AKHW3BCPoQ_AUICCgC&biw=360&bih=536
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>stuff.co.nz/world/europe/87059938/dutch-man-chooses-to-get-euthanised-due-to-his-alcohol-addiction

Do Europeans not get therapy with their free healthcare?

No Mr Bond, I expect you to die.

therapy is for fags

Netherlands: Went there for the legal weed, stayed there for the legal euthanization

>be dutch
>smoke w33d erryday
>have a good life
>painlessly kill yourself

that doesn't seem so bad

based

Father of two? What a dispicable coward.

Fucking lol'd at the sandwich part, seriously, you are going to die and that's what you choose to eat before dying. They weren't memeing when they told me that the national food of Holland is the sandwich.

Maybe they were adults

Obligatory

youtube.com/watch?v=yn-eejMcmuA

This is degeneracy and hatred towards God's precious gift that is life. The guy will go to hell for suicide, but those who helped him will go there too

Perhaps. Still makes him a weak-willed coward.

Must be hard to be an alcoholic in The Netherlands tbf
Have you seen the size of their beers?

You'll be hard pressed to find anyone in the Netherlands who gives a shit desu.

Where do I sign up?

Huisarts

Did his family know that he was about to kill himself? Why the fuck did they let him to it?

because they're just that progressive you fucking tory wanker bigot

Yes. And why not end his suffering? Better then finding a rotting corpse hanging from a ceiling after the neighbour starts complaining about the smell.

Maybe they felt that if he's able to actually go to the length of actually making the choice that he doesn't feel like life is worth living anymore due to circumstances that he deems unchangable, denying him that choice would be selfish, inhuman and downright cruel?

It's his life, how entitled can you fucking be? There is no such thing as responsibility that must be prioritized before your own actual life and choice to live if you don't happen to live in North Korea, maybe.

>mainland Europeans

fuckin spooked

>There is no such thing as responsibility that must be prioritized before your own actual life
If you put other human beings into existence you have a fucking responsibility to take care of them that, for at least the first 18 years, takes precedence over your own life.

I sincerely hope you never have children you disgusting beta cuck.

how much would this cost to do

t. pussy

It's easier to just kill yourself. Getting euthanasia is a very bureaucratic process.

>his country doesn't let the undesirables kill themselves

Holy shit, and I thought suicide booths were a thing of science fiction.

>saying no to early inheritance shekels

>people who would otherwise cost tons of tax money in therapy and rehab, and could potentially hurt other people when driving drunk or something, kill themselves for their own benefit and societies benefit.

dutch pragmatism.jpg

Time to visit the Netherlands I guess

Suicide machines are used in countries where there are no euthanasia laws as legal loopholes.

They could just have institutionalized him until he was clean

Well, frankly I support Yuropeans killing themselves. They're a plague on the earth and we're better off without them.

They did. 21 times. Over and over and over and over...

Is this even true? I can only find shady as fuck sources. LINDA magazine is literally female gossip.

We'll find out within a week I'm sure.

euros disgust me
this is so """"progressive""" isn't it? should have got the man help

We are classic liberal. Not progressive. Progressive is an American and Swedish thing. Our progressive parties never ruled a day.

alcohol does horrible things to people...
youtube.com/watch?v=VWj1uQlFIrs

Goegel zijn naam

They call refer to LINDA. A female gossip magazine.

We are in the business of live and let live.

google.nl/search?q=mark langedijk&prmd=inmv&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjL-OCX8NDQAhXEL8AKHW3BCPoQ_AUICCgC&biw=360&bih=536

Wat is je punt? Hij heeft gelijk. Ze baseren het allemaal op een berichtje uit de Linda.

If my father chose that option i wouldnt sit with him and have fun hours before dying, i propably would avoid him
How sick is that to have fun with your relatives before chosing to die

Now I know what to do if my rampant alcoholism becomes uncontrollable. I love being Dutch!

Wtf why do the cops just leave and let him crawl out of there?

Hoe is het een roddel (en ook nieuws) dat iemand met zware psychische klachten euthanasie aanvraagt?

>yuropeons would rather kill themselves than solve their degenerate habits

>drinking alcohol

Seriously, why people do this?

Sure it gives a slight temporary boost to your confidence and mood, but psychedelics are so much better. Alcohol don't have the same prolonged life changing effect. It doesn't give meaning to your life, it just fucks your body and brain up.

Just use MDMA or something as a party drug. It boosts your mood even more and don't have the shitty sedative effect.

Because it's widely available everywhere and not stigmatized to death by normies. That's literally it.

I know right. I was just being rhetoric.

It's just stupid. If caffeine was discovered today, it would become illegal too and no one would use it.

Legality doesn't mean shit.

Because that's totally the first media outlet to go to for sharing a story about how a family member got euthanized
Because LINDA totally isn't a commercial business who aims to sell as many magazines as possible
Because all those stories in female gossip magazines are totally 100% true and sent in by readers

>muh gawd

kill yourself too

>i believe in gods

> If caffeine was discovered today, it would become illegal too and no one would use it.
Why would it? Its just a low-effect stimulant without any serious side effects
The "you can get addicted to coffee" i just a meme, i drink coffee only some weeks to fix my sleeping schedule, other than that i dont even drink it. You can get addicted to coffee only if you dont sleep enough, which is not really an addiction but rather coffee helps you function and you need to fix your sleeping time by yourself

>Its just a low-effect stimulant without any serious side effects

Just like most of the illegal substances if you use them correctly.

>drinking beer and ham sandwiches
>drinking ham sandwiches

>primum non nocere

>spaniard
>doesnt see himself as european
do you post about al-andalus and dream of the caliphate as well?

You can literally ruin your life with cocaine but you cant with coffee

>Death by small foamy beer

The Netherlands may not be Sweden-tier, but we're pretty fucked up. Seriously, since when is being an alcoholic fucking grounds for euthenasia?

>Did his family know that he was about to kill himself? Why the fuck did they let him to it?

He should have killed himself with a good, old-fashioned, all-American heroin overdose, the way God intended.