Soccer will be illegal in the Usa if Trump is elected because it is against american values

Soccer will be illegal in the Usa if Trump is elected because it is against american values.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=2zoioohWdqQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not true, it will just be outlawed for men and officially made a girl sport

> yfw Trump buys 16 top yuro clubs and moves them to burgerland to replace MLS

I was actually thinking this the other day:

Hypothetically, if all sports besides soccer were banned in the US, how long before the US would become a legitimate force in soccer? This generation wouldn't, but how many do you think it would take? Would it make a difference? Would soccer become more popular in the US?

I know this is a stupid hypothetical, I was just wondering

It would take 25 years.

Well if for example, LeBron was playing soccer we would win every world cup every year with ease

As long as American coaches don't know what they're doing (which they don't) nothing will change.

dumb frogposter

he could be a GK. CB tops. Being almost 7 feet tall doesn't play in your favor at soccer

That's the point of my question though. How long before soccer would take root in the country where it becomes a part of life and like a second language, the way sports like football and baseball are

if that's his reasoning then say goodbye to dieting and not getting shot at school

Very witty and original lad

The difference between soccer and American sports is that its less physically demanding. Fast players and strong players aren't necessarily better in Soccer, technical skills like vision and positioning play a bigger role in soccer than they do in football and Basketball.

The whole "if lebron played soccer..." meme is retarded, without the technical side of the sport down players like him would just be another pace/strenght baby

If you did this and banned everything
it would take a generation of people growing up playing soccer in the street and in academies for you to be top tier, so something like 25 years
the coaching part is easy, import south european managers.

this is actually rekt

Most Americans do grow up playing soccer in the streets, that isn't the problem. The problem is youth coaches are just bored dads and failed football/basketball coaches. You can't import european coaches to fill all the rec leagues and middle/high schools. Yuro kids will at least be coached by dads who have watched the sport their whole life, and as such have a better understanding of the technical side of the game.

hed be a good goalie

>Most Americans do grow up playing soccer in the streets

Lol, no we fucking don't. A lot of kids play in youth soccer leagues, but that's usually just to get them to burn off all that ADD energy. There's rarely any aspiration to advance further in the sport like with football, basketball, baseball

sure, probably.

>Black
>goalkeeper
Kek

>no Mlels
>no annoying overhyping of young US players
>no USMNT threads that nobody cares about
>every football thread by an American can easily be discarded as bait

Based Trump outlawing povertyball would be the best thing to ever happen to Sup Forums.

You don't have what we call"Street Football", ever heard of "Joga Bonito"?
It's a cultural thing, it takes time to implement. For Americans sports is about stats: who made the most points, the most rebounds, the most runs, the most goals. For south americans for example its about making the most beautiful dribble and shit like that. Having kids nurturing their dribbling skills since they're young develops players like Neymar, Messi, and many others who are great tier players.
Obviously Pro-level soccer isn't only about pretty dribbles but you catch my drift.

I still predict you guys are going to grow a lot in the next 25 years. Not best in the world tier. But legit top-10.

Tall doesn't equal good in soccer. There's more chances of a goalkeeper being a decent basketball player than any basketball player performing any role in soccer.

why

Okay?

Lebron is very athletic for such a huge man.
If had honed his moves to be a golie I recon he could be a good one. His feet game would be weak as fuck though.

Why would a goalkeeper be good at basketball?
Why couldn't a physically gifted basketball player be a goalkeeper when positional defense is used in basketball?

Hopefully.

The idea that an athletic player can just bully his way into scoring goals was disproven by Altidore.

Even if you're the fastest, strongest player on the field by a mile, it means nothing if you have the first touch of a blind paraplegic

Although a backline of NBA and NFL players along with a Lebron in goal could potentially keep all games 0-0, but you eventually need skill with your feet to score if you actually want to win a game.

>soccer will be illegal in Europe because it is against Muslim values

M8 goalkeeper is an absolute nightmare position to learn. You can have lifetime trained keepers in their mid 20s who have massive weaknesses under pressure. Keepers peak really late.

>implying

m.youtube.com/watch?v=2zoioohWdqQ

Nah, it's easy. Just be in good position and stop the ball/object. Literally every sport

>Toothpaste flag is scared of Americans getting good at flop-grass.

Don't worry. Your """"sport"""" will never be big in America because our best athletes are busy playing real sports.

If Allen Iverson grew up playing soccer instead of basketball, he would've been an elite midfielder.

he doesnt win shit in the NBA, what makes you think he would win in anything else? Wade would need to guide his ass.

>ISIS will outlaw soccer in the Caliphate of France
JUST

>Although a backline of NBA and NFL players along with a Lebron in goal could potentially keep all games 0-0

I seriously doubt that. Modern defenders are far more than tall, strong lads with shit ability on the ball. Not to mention the fact that fullbacks can come in all kinds of variations, ranging form quasi-wingers to centre halves that play wide.

Not really.

A black goalkeeper inspired Buffon.

I'd say that were USA to become a world force in divegrass, they'll shit out many, many world class goalkeepers. There's bound to be some blacks in there.

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN