Motor/sp/ort - My little user can't be such a faggot two weeks in a row Edition

Indycar and Weathertech Sportscar Championship @ Detroit; NASCAR Xfinity and Sprint Cup @ Pocono; BTCC @ Oulton Park; TCR @ Salzburgring; DTM and ADAC GT Masters @ Lausitzring; Isle of Man TT

No time for news right now, post in thread

Saturday, June 4
>ADAC GT Race 1 0548 ET/0948 UTC
>DTM Race 1 0808 ET/1208 UTC
>NXS Coors Light Pole Qualifying, FS1 0905 ET/1305 UTC
>WTSC Race (1 h, 40 min) 1240 ET/1640 UTC
>NXS Pocono Green 250 (100 laps, 250 miles), FOX 1300 ET/1700 UTC
>ICS Race 1 Dual in Detroit 1543 ET/1943 UTC

Sunday, June 5
>ADAC GT Race 1 0548 ET/0948 UTC
>BTCC Race 1 0717 ET/1117 UTC
>DTM Race 1 0753 ET/1153 UTC
>BTCC Race 2 0945 ET/1345 UTC
>ICS Quali 1045 ET/1445 UTC
>BTCC Race 3 1157 ET/1557 UTC
>NSCS Race Axalta 'We Paint Winners' 400 (160 laps, 400 miles), FS1 1300 ET/1700 UTC
>ICS Race 2 Dual in Detroit 1543 ET/1943 UTC

Formula E at Moscow but >formula meme

Other urls found in this thread:

motogp.com/en/news/2016/06/03/statement-luis-salom/202682
roadandtrack.com/motorsports/news/a29364/halo-safety-cockpits-are-coming-to-f1-next-year/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Palmer_(racing_driver)#Racing_record
youtube.com/watch?v=fFL92wPYMXY&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=B1ne6KcLsQo
racer.com/more/viewpoints/item/130260-pruett-inside-rossi-s-wild-rise-to-indy-500-glory?showall=1&limitstart=
youtube.com/watch?v=Wgddejx6WJY
racecar-engineering.com/cars/toyota-ts050/
youtube.com/watch?v=xmHPhleyWOY
adac-gt-masters.de/livestream-adac-gt-masters.html
youtube.com/watch?v=4XyXBLrBu8Y&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

forgot to mention >rain at pocono

Anyone got word on the Lime Rock incident? In thought we were supposed to get an update on wednesday?

WEC testing going on too so expect to possibly hear news but get better pictures.

arca race was pretty good desu

BAN MOTOGP, IT'S TOO DANGEROUS

motogp.com/en/news/2016/06/03/statement-luis-salom/202682

Anyone else think Formula E has gone down in quality? In the beginning it was exciting, but lately they've had so much elitist propaganda just trying so hard to pander to millenials and it's just hard to watch

F1 to get cucked cockpits next year

roadandtrack.com/motorsports/news/a29364/halo-safety-cockpits-are-coming-to-f1-next-year/

USA USA USA

>Gibbs Toyotas are fast in nxs practice
It's going to be cleanairwinslol for them isn't it.

Yeah I don't care too much about the composite bodies but the racing was good.

>Gibbs Toyotas are fast
Did you expect anything different?

Why that one though, it looks worse than the windshield Ricciardo was testing

No, but it still sucks that Pocono got a nxs companion race and that it will be just as shit as the nxs race at Indy.

missIRP.jpg

It was never really good to begin with, honestly. People were following it out of curiosity more than anything and now the novelty has finally worn off. Watching vacuum cleaners race around shitty street circuits at low speeds doesn't sound very appealing, even if the racing might be somewhat entertaining at times. As you pointed out, it's now trying to pander to a different audience. It wasn't a big hit among motorsports' fans due to a variety of reasons, so they are naturally trying to draw in people who didn't follow or straight up hated motor racing

Formula E was never good. F1 fags thought it was exciting because Hamilton was winning everything and they didn't watch any other motorsports so they werent used to passing.

Formula E was originally peddled by Leftists and hippies becaue "muh electric"

now, i'm not dissing electric cars in any way, have personally test driven a tesla before and co-worker owns one, and we carpool almost daily, the thing is a beast on the freeway...0-75mph in 14 seconds...it's insane

IMHO, if they got rid of the transmission and just went for direct-Drive it would be a lot more exciting to watch, but that's just me

Matty Brabs won trophy trucks at Belle Isle, wish I could have seen it.

And NAPA signed on with Rossi for Belle Isle. Think I saw an ad on the USA Today for Rossi and NAPA in the sports section above the urinal today.

More Matt. What scale is that?

>Jorge De La Torre has underwent surgery to repair several fractures following his severe accident with Andrew Palmer in last weekend’s Pirelli World Challenge event at Lime Rock Park. “Jorge sustained several fractures which were repaired in surgery on Tuesday at Hartford Hospital. “He currently remains in hospital where he has demonstrated strength and good spirits this week. Jorge plans to begin rehabilitation as soon as he is released.
>Further details on Palmer’s condition has not been released, other than he remains in hospital with a head injury.

I didn't realize Palmer had this many wins.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Palmer_(racing_driver)#Racing_record
>PC wins at Daytona, Sebring, and Petit Le Mans
>BES Pro class win at Monza in the Huracan
>all in 2015

Bump with an unpopular opinion. As one of the 3 tracks still independent from SMI and ISC, Pocono should never lose either of its dates

DTM RACE NOW LIKE REALLY RIGHT NOW

youtube.com/watch?v=fFL92wPYMXY&feature=youtu.be

GET IN FAGGOTS WE'RE ALREADY ON FORMATION LAP

when does Le Mans 24h begin??

14 days

IMSA about to start

>gtd on a street course
I can't wait for red/yellow flags

>gtd
You misspelled PC

Both of them to be honest. Is hindy broadcasting?

We were both wrong

goosens you fucking idiot!!!

lets go full speed into a turn without a rear wing!

Lmao DP drivers are as retarded as PC drivers what a fucking joke

>The City of Corvette Prototypes

>attempting to brake late without rear downforce

??

Eh, Pocono's a better track than Indy. I have some hope that it'll be like the Truck races there.

At least they didn't vulture it from a short track like IMS did to IRP.

IRP was losing the race with or without IMS being involved

this race could've been at nazareth ;_;

danica in the booth for the busch race?

MUTED

Only thing you can race at Nazareth is atvs or industrial lawnmowers

NXS thread

It would've worked out pretty well for Xfinity wanting a race near Philly if Nazareth wasn't literally being reclaimed by the Earth.

>de lambo

>that refueler spaghetti

I'm glad they're keeping the coverage focused on GTD for now, it is way more interesting. Near the end I expect they'll go back to the P and we'll have to pretend how exciting it is to see a corvette win near the GM skyscraper

>Female drivers

popcorn sutton

anyone got a video of the SST crash from earlier today in detroit? Sounds serious...

>car sponsored by meme moonshine crashed

Sometimes the world is alright

>checks radar

the indycar race is gonna be a spicy one

BMW dropping Hindman and relegating/benching Frieberg to PC was a horrible idea.

>the shitty of detroit

>muh detroit resurgence
I've been hearing about it for 20 years.

>de PC
GET RID OF THIS CLASS

>yet another episode where a single PC car causes multiple safety cars

Just euthanize the class please

Indy would be better if it were either a night race or they did the road course, not that either will ever happen.

This is the first time I've ever wanted to be a kid in or near Detroit. Looks fun as fuck. And Tiffany Stone a qt

youtube.com/watch?v=B1ne6KcLsQo

NO, don't mute. It's hard to hear her voice and not get angry, but it's funny how terrible she is at commentating, she just repeats what MW says. I've made it a drinking game, a shot for every, "um," that she says, I'm going to have to stop soon though, I'm getting wasted.

>black kid in the BMW
lel

Hoping this fucking top 3 in GTD and Jordan Taylor/Joao dueling. Fucking Jeroen, Jörg, and Sandro should be a great finish.

Was it last year that it started to rain on part of the course but people kept slicks on? I seem to remember Barbosa spinning and choking and that Porsche/Aston crashing at T1 and someone railing the intervention vehicle.

does anyone have a stream for the IndyCar races @ detroit???

Viper wins

We did it lads

Hope Goose doesn't pull something like that at Le Mans. Hope Keating's crew can pull through but it's gonna be tough going against G-Drive and KCMG with >current year Murphy's Prototypes

get hype

>this man is paid to race at Le Mans
Life is unfair lads

>will power
>9
o i am laffn

If you haven't seen it, Marshall Pruett had a great writeup of Rossi's 500 win. Quotes from Bryan Herta.

racer.com/more/viewpoints/item/130260-pruett-inside-rossi-s-wild-rise-to-indy-500-glory?showall=1&limitstart=

>Destined to run dry before the finish, Rossi got the call to try something crazy. Leaning out the fuel mixture is a common way to save fuel, which he did, but it wasn't enough. The one electronic option left was to use the fuel map designed to use little more than drops of fuel while running at reduced speeds behind the pace car. Take the tiny amount of fuel provided for puttering around at 75mph, then try holding position with it while racing well over 200mph, and you have Rossi's reality as the 500 sped toward its conclusion.
>"So...we were running our yellow map, which normally you only run around for yellow," Herta admitted. "Yeah, we were running our yellow map."
>"The last few laps, because we still weren't going to make it, I don't know...divine intervention...what put it in my head, but I started telling Alex, 'I want you to clutch the engine and coast down the straightaways,'" he added. "And he said, 'You want me to what?' I said, 'Trust me, drive the corners and then clutch and coast on the straight. Clutch and coast.'

onboard camera for Rossi when?
I wanna see what he's doing

A couple teams and drivers definitely lost sleep this week knowing they pitted on the same laps as rossi but pitted again with 5 to go

who #RossiPosse here

ROSSI
O
S
S
I
POSSE
O
S
S
E

1993 Daytona 500 live on FOX

btw needing stream for indycar

based god

Thanks netherbro

>BT SPORT STREAMS FOR FUCKING INDYCAR

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Finally the ESPN broadcast started
Who's gonna win and who's gonna crash big-time?

Indy

anyone watching GRC dallas?

Is Pocono gonna be on Monday?

T-t-there aren't any more French coming to Indycar soon are there?

inb4 JEV, Gasly, Nato, that guy in Pro Mazda (Nico Jamin or something like that) or Leclerc (even if he isn't French)

Toyota TS050 updates for Le Mans

racecar-engineering.com/cars/toyota-ts050/

Who gives a fuck about finish anyway, lel

>wobbler

>someone in mindycar spur-of-the-moment invents something common in NASCAB for years

ha ha oh wow

Just bumping to say I fucking hate Ryan Reed. Watching the DVR Xfinity race from earlier, his complete lack of talent managed to wreck Sieg and Clements

If you have hopes of watching the cup race tomorrow I would make plans for Monday. The forecast tomorrow is not looking good.

>A lap later, the sanctioning body red-flagged the race. During the stoppage, however, an ongoing feud between Reed and Ryan Sieg boiled over into a shoving match in the garage. Contact between their two cars had preceded Reed's accident with Clements.
>"You can't race around the kid," Sieg said of Reed, a Roush Fenway Racing driver. "He's got a lot of money, and he's got a Roush car, but he can't drive it. ... Money can't buy skill, obviously, with him.

There were some other good comments in the thread

That's "cuckpit."

>The forecast tomorrow is not looking good.
>remembered that in 2012 a fan at pocono was killed by lightning after the race was called

>Get an interview with someone who's a higher-up on a Cup team on Monday
>It's going to rain and my interview is probably going to be postponed

Just fuck my job search up fampai

NHRA is at New England this weekend.

After Matt Hagan ran 335.57 MPH at Kansas NHRA has already dropped the top end rev limiter on Funny Cars from 8500 to 8100 (same now as for the dragsters).

youtube.com/watch?v=xmHPhleyWOY

motogp

c8b03380b2ac11239254a7c94c3cbd2ca04cce16

Anyone subscribed to Racecar Engineering? Looking for a motorsports (mainly GTs or prototypes) related print subscription and was considering them. Open for any suggestions though

I used to subscribe years ago when I was spending more time at the track. Back then they were excellent.

sounds like a fail-safe

>ADAC
adac-gt-masters.de/livestream-adac-gt-masters.html

External combustion engine.webm

Corvette 1-2 in second ADAC race at Lausitzring, Boris Said 12th in third Corvette

DTM SOON

Livestream here

youtube.com/watch?v=4XyXBLrBu8Y&feature=youtu.be

Get in faggots!

Still raining at Pocono

>glock starts on p2

Nice

Race about to begin. Stream is the English one. Get in