Not being able to find the right words when having a conversation in a foreign language

>not being able to find the right words when having a conversation in a foreign language

holy fuck this is infuriating

>trying to translate something to foreign language
>find out that language don't have a word for it
This is what really makes one mad.

Everyone has that in the beginning.

Dialects and half assed pronunciation is terrible as well.

Just say it in spanish with an english accent, most of the time they have a latin based equivalent.

That's often a problem when you use figurative speech.

or finding a word that sounds similar to the one you want but means something completely different

>idioms

Yeah. Also when you translate poems, that's enough to consider suicide.

>German genders
THEY DONT MAKE ANY SENSE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH

yep this is totally true for english. i'm referring to german though.

>not being able to find the right words when having a conversation in your native language

You think it gets better? No. It gets worse. At first I had amazing Hungarian skills. Now I have passable English, and a low-mediocre Hungarian.

in english and even spanish i struggle to find words for high level subjects but basic everyday conversation is what is the most annoying because you literally can't express yourself properly unless you want to take like 10 words to explain yourself

I've been writing in English on Sup Forums for long enough that I often don't find the words in my native language to express what I am thinking.

You need to visit your local library, 'migo

i-is it true you forget your own language?

Language learning improving memory is a meme.

I'm half wondering if I should've stayed monolingual.

see

Yeah for example that post was a jumbled mess and it didn't convey any solid idea

They make perfect sense

I forget French words quite a few times.
I end up speaking English words in a French sentence because I can't remember.
Feelsbad.

Only if you want to/don't care. People who like their native language will take care to read newspapers,books in their language, so even if they spend years immersed deeply in a foreign country will preserve their knowledge.

Me... well, I spent like 4 months in the U.S. by the time I came home I was forgetting the names of basic everyday objects. It took considerable time to put together a coherent sentences too.
According to my mother she wanted to smack me because every second word that came out of my mouth was either: uhhhh, hmmm or eaaheeh.

>american reading comprehension

>what is punctuation

>what is an imageboard

>thinking punctuation isn't important on an imageboard.

That's really weird

i don't think it could ever happen to a native english speaker because english so is widespread but i can see it for smaller languages

>I forget French words quite a few times.

Heh, now who has had the last laugh my French chum.

>Filename

do you know what that means?

>Start using badly translated english expressions when speaking spanish

Kill me

>Study Japanese for 3 years with shit sources
>Have trouble grasping a lot of it
>Still don't know key words, only know Hiragana and a few Kanji, such as 大何男 and such

>Meet a Vietnamese guy who teaches me basic Vietnamese
>Grasp it very well very quickly

>50% of English words are homonyms
>Looking up the translation of English words to Japanese will be wrong 70% of the time since it will mean something else
>Need to double check with native Japanese speaker whenever I want to learn a new word

>burning stop signs
WHY DO THE QUÉBÉCOISES DO THIS????