Italians, what is the meaning of this hand gesture when you're talking...

Italians, what is the meaning of this hand gesture when you're talking? Do you guys actually do this or is it just some dumb stereotype from movies?

"What the fuck are you saying? What the heck are you talking about?" And similars.

We actually use a lot of gestures, and this is certainly one of the most common ones. But my american friend says that we tend to use gestures when we speak in italian but we stop once we start speaking in english.

>But my american friend says that we tend to use gestures when we speak in italian but we stop once we start speaking in english.
I find this rather curious.

That's a pretty good thing to have a hand gesture for, I suppose. I kinda like that.

This happens to us too
t. Puerto Rican

I thought it was common for all Spanish speakers

what about this one

I knew a really insecure Indian guy who made it a force of habit to keep his head unnaturally still while speaking English because he got a lot of shit for the stereotypical head nodding thing. Made it even worse, really.

Didn't do anything about the smell, though.

I'm curious about this one too

Either "your wife is cheating on you" or a superstitious gesture to draw luck to you.
Never seen an under-50yo doing it.

>your wife is cheating on you
That's oddly specific for a hand gesture.

lmao

They're horns, someone who's been cheated on is called "cornuto" (horned).

I think it's more like an insult, "horned" means cuckold in italian.

SO HOLD ON BOSS
*shakes head*
WHAT YOU SAYINGS
*works in call center*
YOU TELLINGS ME WE WILL
*does Bollywood dance*
THEES TINGS WE ARE DOING
*worships cow*
WHAT YOU SAYING BOSS
*opens convenience store*
WHAT IS HAPPENINGS IS
*shits in designated street*
DOING POO IN THE LOO

Interesting, any idea of the origins of that?

Should be greek or something, look it up on wikipedia,

Does it have to do with the minotaur? Didn't the king's wife cuck him with a literal bull or something like that?

Just how upset are you at the moment?

Commeno, Byzantine emperor, used to kidnap and fuck the wife of every noble in town and hang the head of a deer he hunted on the front of their houses.

Damn, what a dick.

na man
roman emperors were chill
you cant really hold them up to white standards