Tell me something Sup Forums

Tell me something Sup Forums

Why does everyone hate this man?

He made the game exciting and was fun to watch.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vXum19jm_Iw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

he was a complete ass hole to his teammates and the media do the general public had to be force fed the opinion

Who cares who is an ass or not, I just want to see exciting shit.

Sup Forums is full of contrarian faggots, normalfags want him in HoF, so naturally Sup Forums hates him

This is true but funny, because as recently as the mid 2000s normies HATED him.

I think he should be in it as well.

>babby arm that couldn't even throw out fat sid bream breaking from 2nd

He's a bum.

I actually remember baseball being popular when i was a kid, kanye even rapped about it.
Like even people who didnt like baseball knew mark mcguire and barry bonds

youtube.com/watch?v=vXum19jm_Iw

But then the steroids scandal happened and it became super unpopular and NFL took over

>90s and early 00s baseball is never coming back

Fuck I want the based 90s and early 2000s baseball back

It's not rocket appliances

Bonds is a steroid cheat and doesn't deserve the Hall of Fame.

He's literally the best offensive player since Ted Williams. People who dispute this are fuckwits who know nothing about baseball.

but he cheated

>he made the game fun to watch

if you NEED home runs to enjoy baseball you should just watch something else

Bonds was a legit hall of famer before getting on the juice. Roiding just made him into that much more of a beast.

so did the pitchers pitching to him

The change in appearance from early career bonds and McGuire to late career due to roids was astronomical. It was painful looking at those puffy motherfuckers while they lied to the press.

he wasnt from boston

Cheater.

Pete Rose is banned from the Hall of Fame so steroid cheats don't deserve the HoF.

Bonds and all those lying cheats destroyed their bodies for millions of dollars but they don't belong in the Hall.

Bonds and Mark's bones in their skulls actually grew freakishly big, human growth hormones made their bones grow 4 times normal size.

lol what do you like David Eckstein or some shit? Go suck some donkey dick you faggot.

you need to calm down

I dunno wtf he is talking about, homeruns are great but Bonds is a dirty cheat.

Its funny. Bonds could have been the guiding light of true athlete in the MLB during the steroid Era. He was already putting up Hall of Fame type numbers before he started the shit. He could have been like Ken Griffen Jr. A clean respectable player

But no

He was jealous of all the publicity everyone else was getting. He could t stand it so he decided to sell out to HGH

Fuck him for that. He realizes he fucked up. He realizes his chances of getting into the HoF are done now. He knows he doesn't deserve to be amongst the greats.

and he doesn't. Fuck him

>Baseball is based
>NBA is totally based
>CFB wasnt just bamawinslol
>NFL didnt have pass babby rules yet

Fuck bros I miss the 90's

>I watch baseball for bunts

I never said that, but if you need some roid monkey hitting a homer every 3 games to enjoy the sport you need to come back to reality or go watch "professional" softball

How are home runs not exciting?

they are when they are legit, which is why I get amped when young guys like Trout and Harper come up with huge power potential, but now I have to sit back and hope that they aren't cheating too, it's ruined the sport

this mostly.
>smart normies want him in the HoF because he's objectively the GOAT non-pitcher
>dumb normies don't because muh roids
>old geezer faggot HoF voters don't because muh roids
>Sup Forums is full of contrarian faggots

He is, by all measures, the most complete and all-around dominant non-pitcher in the history of the live-ball era of the game.

Trout is based. Wish he would steal more bases like he used to.

wish he didn't K as much either

Nhl still had enforcers as part of the game

Hint: look at the colour of his skin

That Wings/Avs rivalry was awesome

>you will never see the Sabres be relevant again
>the shitty of Buffalel

>the NHL doesn't still have enforcing

tell that to anyone who touches Sidney Crosby

He should get in. I haven't seen a hitter as exciting as he was since. Dude was getting on base like half the time. Amazing discipline.

he was on base half the time because people intentionally walked him every day

super exciting

if he wasn't walked so much between 2002-04, he would have EASILY 1000 homers. prove me wrong; pro tip–ya can't

>enjoy baseball
is such a thing possible?

Everyone fell for the bogus Mitchell report.

Barry never failed a drug test
Barry was never fined for peds
Barry was never suspended
Barry is eligible to be on a major league roster to this day
Barry is a coach for a big league team.

Everything else is speculation.

actually the burden of proof is still on you because it's an arbitrary statement

show some math

>I swear I thought it was flax seed oil

why even bother defending him, it's hilariously obvious

for his entire career, Barry hit a HR for every 12.9 AB. He drew 2558 walks. If he never walked, he would have hit 198 more HR, bringing his career total to 960

ok, so he wouldn't have hit 1000, even if he never ever walked

Probably not. But you can leverage the numbers some, if you assume that he was walked when he had the advantage over a pitcher and hit all his HR when the pitcher was actually trying to get him out.

If you do that, he probably hits HR at a higher rate if he doesn't walk. Whether that's worth 40 HR is unknown.

Oddly, Barry is third on the AB/HR list, behind McGwire and Ruth.

If you adjust their numbers to take away the walks, McGwire ends up with 707 HR and Ruth has 889 HR.

wow that's actually pretty interesting, thanks for following through

this

No he wasn't.

Maximum overroid Bonds was the greatest athlete of all time. Pitchers literally shit their pants on the mound against him and managers would call intentional walks against him with the bases loaded.

Today's roidfags and amphetamine junkies like Trout and Harper, respectively, are literal insects compared to the overgod

To me that's pretty cool. I mean that's really as good as it gets. The fact that you'd be so scared, you'd walk him all that time, and whenever anyone would pitch to him, he'd still kill you for it. Video game type shit.

No, that's when your PED use has a significant impact on the game and is the very definition of not fair

that, and the glossing-over of the Red Sox for the most part, only mentioning the Manny Alexander incident and a few other literally-whos who played for the Sox for a short time, because Mitchell was an advisor or something with the team at the time of the report.
t. a Red Sox fan

yes, he was
pic related, and with those numbers are 9 All-Star games, 3 MVPs and 5 other top-10 finishes, 8 Gold Gloves, 7 Silver Sluggers, and leading the league in the stuff saber nerds love like OBP, SLG, OPS (no batting titles though even he was a disciplined hitter)

I don't really care about PED in sports anymore, so that's not a big deal to me. After they made a big deal out of it and I seen it play out over the years, I pretty much suspected everyone including some of my favorite players.

records are one of the most important things in baseball, people like him and McGwire ruined them forever

also a huge asshole

See that's what it usually bloils down to, do you think PEDs are a big deal or not

To me, they give an obvious advantage to those who use them, this is a proven fact. Forcing people to make the decision to either use substances to keep up or be left behind I feel is a very unfair thing to do.

go to bed, Grandpa

well it's true

73 home runs is a meme record now, thanks Barry

I suppose you think Aaron's was, too, after you saw Ruth hit 714?

he was on amphetamines so yes

He's a roider

no, because of the tiny distinction that Aaron didn't take steroids

>what are amphetamines
still did PEDs

>not wanting to see dumb as rock athletes get beefed as fuck and perform at the highest possible level

Go to bed grampsssssss

No. His average and HRs went down as he got to his 40s

He's a terrible human being and a cheater.

he said he used it once, and obviously there is a massive difference in the effectiveness of amphetamines and the steroids taken by athletes in the 90's/00's

but he made baseball fun

they both fall under the PED umbrella

a reminder, too, that Selig ordered the league to sweep the widespread roid use under the rug so the MLB would survive the 1994 strike

Barry sounds like a good guy on the marlins

that's not evidence of him not using amphetamines

obviously the MLB was complicit, "banning" steroids but doing nothing about their obvious use

using substances to improve performance has always been a part of sports, but the current crop of roids is in a completely different galaxy in terms of their effect

not saying Bonds shouldn't be in the HOF, just that his records should be disregarded

>it's ok that he cheated because lots of other players at the time were also cheating

I do, therefore, I do.

>his records should be disregarded
lel
he has about 27 of them, good fucking luck

he has a bunch of records because he took steroids

K look lads. Barry was a spoiled brat who knew he was better than everybody and received special treatment all of his life because of it and also the fact that he was the son of an all star baseball player. These are facts. I don't mind Bonds because he just was what he was more than most people. He might not have been the best "teammate" in the traditional sense, but his selfish ego made him push himself to be a great ball player even before roids, so it kind of evened out. Without people like McGwire and Sosa stealing his thunder even though they were far, far inferior athletes, it's very possible he never wouldn't have started juicing. It doesn't make it right, but it's understandable

>implying he wasn't juicing his whole career

>implying he was

>implying you're not retarded

Trout is on steroids too

Barry's bones mutated 5 times normal size from 'not using HGH'

This