When did you learn English? Was it hard?

When did you learn English? Was it hard?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/I5XyecKONu8
youtube.com/watch?v=3ydEIT3f9sg
livebunker.rocks/chat/int
youtube.com/watch?v=HpVhSx0fZwM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>When did you learn English?
When I was 5
>Was it hard?
Not really

When I was like 7. It was hard until like my middle school year (when my English level was like that of dindu or spic). Then, I saw my English improving as I put a full effort on developing my English skill for my entire high school years to go to an American uni

Can you understand British accents?

I do but I will probably not understand something like thick Scottish accent or South African accent. Also, I cannot understand even half the thing blacks saying. It just sounds like totally different language.

To be fair, I can't even understand Scottish accents

youtu.be/I5XyecKONu8

when i was like 6 i learned english was a thing but thought i just had to transcrypt letter by letter and asked my mom how to say each letter in english.
when i was around 10 i think english classes started in school. if you use what you learn its really easy to remember.
if you dont, you are fucked and making things harder on yourself. by the age of 16 you will be hearing a lot of the same english lessons from 3 years ago and still struggle like a retard.

automated phone systems with voice recognition can understand every accent except scottish

holy fucking shit

Since you put so much effort into learning english I will give you a correction so you know for the future.

>Also, I cannot understand even half the thing blacks saying

Also, I cannot understand even half the things blacks say.

>It just sounds like totally different language.
It just sounds like a totally different language.

I was learning English during school but didn't really learn much. I started to actually understand English when I was 17.
It was easy.

When I was 2 (Asian memes are real)
Pretty easy,first language

Really not that hard
t. Englishman

since kindergarten
pretty easy desu, for some reason I've always had a more than good level, even when compared with people with my same education

Since I was 9.
well, grammer is still hard to learn. also reading long sentences too.

if you don't understand this you don't understand english

I relate to this, English classes were so easy but i dont know why. Too much tv i guess.

i don't understand english then.

>the Mexican government trains children for their future lives as illegal immigrants in America

literally mup da doo didda

since kindergarten,
not really, im learning by myself, if education here isn't soo crap,maybe now I dont have to struggling with vocabulary and shit.

since junior high school
it's too hard
especially i can't expand a vocabulary

Never really learned it. I make more english mistakes than the other languages I try to learn, lol.

Why u lying?

Listening to music, school and maybe vidya

>when
>was it hard
Yes. I've studied english for 10 years but I still have poor english.

>hard to expand vocab
Then buy eng-jap vocab book (not dictionary) and read it with english book and movie (with eng sub)

13 or so

Was easy, vidya and talking in TS taught me

8-9 years old
can't really remember

Began around 10, until uni (24 in my case). Easy as fuck because English in France is taught at an excruciatingly slow pace.

>automated subtitles: dutch
wew

6-7
I guess, I had a trouble differentiating P and B and C and K when writing something.

It was easy, and started when I was 8.

Started when I was 9, never stopped learning. No. It is not hard. It has its own quirks but it is not hard. I do speak Swedish, German and Japanese because I was interested in studying them. I started learning Swedish when I was 11 and German when 15. Japanese when I was 20. Also when studying other languages, your skills at comprehending different kinds of dialects improve due to your brain getting different kinds of inputs. It learns the decipher the encryption :P

BUT older I get learning to pronounce new sounds that I don't natively speak or what I've not already learned at young age gets harder.

Have to continue here a bit though. Nothing gets dubbed here. Maybe some really early children's shows but nothing else. If film is in English, then it is in English, if it is in French, then it is in French. Everyone knows how to read so subtitles are used because they are cheaper also film theatre can host same film for both Finnish and Swedish speakers at the same time because subtitles for both are on the screen above each other.

Also games don't get their own translations into Finnish. We play games as they come. Usually in English and if the game has some other options, it means that subtitles (in English) is then used. So we get LOTS of practise in English. There are some downsides to this but I won't be going into them now.

Cumputers taught me desu.

I don't think we smoke the same weed.

Why she has that pose even in undies?

Japanese english education system tends to focus on reading only
and average japanese teachers are also not well at these skills
this makes jap ppl terrible at listening, speaking, and writing english (e.g. my post
this is why most of us are shitposter

I learned it by playing RuneScape when I was like 8 years old. No it wasn't hard and neither is learning any language when you are a kid. Kids are damn good at learning

Kuwaitis (Arabs in general) can't tell the difference between B and P

Gf in school taught me somehow. I was in the french class back then.
Then years after, I got to work in BP and interaction with co-workers helped me to improve it.

Started learning from television when I was 2. One of the easiest language I have ever kearned.

I can't into grammar even now

that's not even strong though
if anything that's a weak scottish accent

Been learning it from vidya since I was born but the "boom" happened in 2012 when I discovered this shit hole

Playing games and reading books

>Was it hard?
easy as fuck

1. Nevah.
2. Yes.

Just play Runescape and you will be fine.

ELLEN
B A K E R

9 years old. I was very shit at it first.

But couple of years later i was pretty good at it, because i watched a lot of tv shows and movies which were subtitled and every video game was in english too.

I didn't

I learned fuck all in school, I watched TV, played vidya and listened to rap, metal and the space jam soundtrack and suddenly I knew english. At my exam teacher was like "Wait... You speak English?"

Gameboy games were only in English or Japanese
Who /Muzzy/ here?
youtube.com/watch?v=3ydEIT3f9sg

I started learning it when I was 8. Vidya helped me a lot.

In school we got English from 10 to 18 years old.

But i don't think I actively learned the language. Learned most from subtitled cartoons, playing video games and talking online.

>one of my pals got caught aff them and they kicked him right in the face (it was actually quite funny)

This.
In the age of was 15 I had proper understanding of spoken English.
Used to play my vidya with English subtitles, and slowly catched up the spoken language, when listening enough english.

STEALTH RARE
T
E
A
L
T
H

R
A
R
E

Yeah this.

A friend asked me for help with his 5th year business school english the other day. I mean it's supposed to be high level tests right ? You know what it was ? Literally the exact same shit as in high school

There's a picture of cups on a table and you must be like "the cups are a) under the table b)next to the table c) on top of the table"
What the hell, 10 years+ of studying English and it's still this shit ? wow

I had english classes in school but english classes in brazil are literal jokes. I learned very basic english playing Tibia in my adolescence and only recently (I'm 24) I've been able to form sentences.

It is hard but I'm not smart.

playing runescape made me fluent in english by the time i was 11 desu

I learned it naturally while playing games since I was kid, after that music and movies helped me a bit aswell

I guess it just happens after you stay in contact too much with the language, I can now understand some Japanese too after I became a weeaboo

>12
really difficult
everything is different from Japanese
I bought him three books

This.
Almost entirely self taught form vidya. School helped with nothing.

A slow process, so hard to say. Started studying in school at 7. I consider myself "proficient" from around age 12 since that's when I didn't need subtitles anymore.

>Was it hard?

Nah m8.

I forgot D:
I had english lessons in high school since I was 12, but I learned nothing from them.

I was 16 or so when I started to learn some because of anime.

At 10,

It was the only way so i never thought of it as an optional difficulty.

2nd year in highschool, but it only significantly improved after i entered university and also started visiting this place.
>was it hard
obtaining a basic level is quite easy, or at least far more easy than French
t. they shoved French down my throat for 8 years and i still suck at it

>In the age of was 15 I had proper understanding of spoken English. Used to play my vidya with English subtitles, and slowly catched up the spoken language, when listening enough english.

I think I had a tutor when I was like 5 or 6, not sure. I was always better than my classmates and proceeded to obtain a diploma in translation from English into my mother tongue a couple of years after I got out of high school. My own language doesn't share much with either English or Japanese so everyday is a struggle. Sometimes I wish I had never developed an interest in languages. Probably the depression talking atm. Goodnight.

>Illegal inmigrants
>Speaking any English
No way, Jose.

Age of empires 2 taught me basic english when I was a little shit, I was like 5 at most. Then I learned basic swearing playing on the internet so I could trash talk decently. More games and more internet later and now I can make somewhat logical sentences.

It wasn't hard really, but I still struggle with little things, especially pronouns god damn. You use "in" when x, and then "on" when y, but there's a shitload of exceptions.

went to a private international school, as my dad worked in the embassy and there were no italian schools in that country. In 6 months I was able to speak english pretty well, I was forced to learn it anyway as I was the only italian in that school.

Understood about 70% of it.

>I've been learning

>shopping Ellen to be just in her underwear

Started learning at 3rd grade, meaning age 10.
I wouldn´t say hard, because english media/entertainment is everywhere, so ahve a lot of practice. At school we got teached british english, but the media is mainly us english, so my english a weird mixture of both.

Not /Muzzy/ but I remember it being advertised on TV a lot when I was a kid back in the 90s. Ironically they used the French version of Muzzy for all the commercials here.

We all know Ellen is a huge slut. She probably relishes the attention.

If an object is inside, use in, if on top or touching, on. We are in the house now. We wrote on the car. We brought it on ourselves by not doing it, etc.
somewhere out there, an elen baker is wondering why sweety horny men are masturbating behind light poles when she walks by.

m8 even I can understand that shit

India

Age 3 1/2, basic alphabets and words. Watched tv shows(gi joe, voltron, tmnt, 3 centurions, wwe wrestling)

It wasnt hard, its like learning spanish in america. You dont use it much outside of class, watching tv doesnt help much if you dont have an option to speak it much with others who arent family and friends. We had a finnish family move into the apartment complex we lived in and their english was worse, we had to do that retarded hand+body motion and show things to get them to understand stuff like "play" "drink" "watch tv" "swimming" "cricket" "soccer".

Wasnt until I moved to america when I was 10, picked it up like that in less than a year. Watched a ton of nickeloden, price is right, pax tv(ion tv now) shows like touched by an angel, destination stardom and chicken soup for the soul.

livebunker.rocks/chat/int

LOOOOOL

I learned it by watching English TV shows with Norwegian subtitles. I would note what words meant what and built from there. Since I was a friendless autist I sat inside all day and watched TV so I was pretty good for my age by the time I started having English classes in primary school.
I could hold a conversation in English by the time I was 9-10, came in handy when I got separated from my parents on vacation once.

me irl

youtube.com/watch?v=HpVhSx0fZwM

I keep learning. Despite my grammar is not as good as I would like, now I give much more importance to the accent and pronunciation. In the beginning I adopted a trash north american accent, but I soon realised how bad it feels. Now I respect british RP, and similar. I feel comfy listening to Richard Burton, Stephen Fry or Charles Dance.

I remember when Ellen was a meme, good times

because the undies are a photoshop edit

Learned it by playing videogames and watching movies in english with spanish subtitles, also my parents would give me educational games to learn English. I don't know if it was hard, I know it since I can remember. Now I want to work on my pronunciation.