Is Canada the least nationalistic country ever?

Is Canada the least nationalistic country ever?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=IsCVlM1CSPU
macleans.ca/news/canada/the-most-corrupt-province/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

its a country of immigrants senpai

>was never a true nation of its own in history just a colony
>meme flag
>muh multiculturalism
>best culture that can be mustered up is poutine and bilingual (barely applies outside QC)
>did i say meme flag?

in short, yes

Canada is barely even a nation at all, even in the strictly political sense of the word.

Only when it comes to Hockey.

But New Brunswick is the only officially bilingual province and Québec is monolingual.

a burger can provide better information about the country i live in than me. not like there's much pride in knowing stuff bout this place anyway

Yeah, but basically everyone in Quebec outside the rural areas can speak English as well as French

Yes, I took your guys citizenship test because I was drunk and bored.
I also took 3 Euro cunts' and Mexico's too.
I failed all of them but I got the 2nd best score on Canada's.

>Yeah, but basically everyone in Quebec outside the rural areas can speak English as well as French
Literally only 40% of francophones in Quebec can speak English

When taking the entire population into account, it's only a bit more than 50%.

So I'm moving to Canada at the start of next year, basically in the dead of winter. I'm already feeling the lack of Cultural Identity, it's depressing just thinking about it. Where's the best place to live in Canada?

>Where's the best place to live in Canada?
If you don't mind living in a giant retirement home, then probably Victoria, BC.

Canada.

That depends on a lot of things.
>what do you like to do for fun
>why are you coming
>what's your job situation

If a lack of cultural identity is concerning you, stay east. Québec, Newfoundland, and the Maritimes, have plenty of culture. If good paying jobs and big city life are your thing stay west of Québec.

meh, it's not like Australia has it any better than Canada really. although if we were going for truly cultureless I'd make a case for the Arab gulf states who actually did have a rich native ancestral culture and fucking walked out on it.

The meme Arab dress is but one uniform in a region which was once colorful and vibrant with many different styles, culture is basically reduced to a mix of Saudi Salafism and a new rich's interpretation of Western culture, no love for the old cities, old customs (other than the most ridiculously self serving tribal ones) the region's architecture, etc.

At least Anglos do have British/American culture to fall back on. The Saudis paved over significant ancient well preserved sites in Meccah.

>If good paying jobs are your thing stay west of Manitoba.
>If big city life is your thing stay in Ontario or Québec.
fix'd

Why do you allow those niggers to exist? There's no other excuse why those baguette niggers would not learn it other than intentionally to spite you. Fucking Israel, Belgium, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, and Greece have higher numbers than that. Even France isn't that far beyond in terms of their Francophone-native population knowing it.

Not trying to banter here, but isn't Australia pretty much the same? We have lots more history and regional cultures than you do. People here are generally quite patriotic, but not in a Sup Forums tier kind of way because we're a nation of immigrants and many different cultures (Quebec, Acadia, Maritimes Celtic culture, United Empire Loyalists in rural Ontario, Ukies in Saskatchewan, etc).

There is no one Canadian identity, but we're not unpatriotic or hate ourselves (except apparently for some of the right wingers on Sup Forums).

> Is Canada the least nationalistic country ever?

Not even remotely.

Speak barely passable French ? Live somewhere in the West Island of Montreal.
Speak French ? Live in Quebec city.

The rest of Canada is either too cold, too expensive, or too high a (comparable) crime rate.

they're something like 24% of the total population m8

it's not like Quebec City (or even Montreal) are particularly warm, except if you compare them to the prairies.

If you hate cold and/or snow, then the only places to seek refuge are Southern Ontario (e.g. Toronto) and Western BC (e.g. Vancouver).

Alberta, interior BC or rural southern/eastern Ontario.

Australia culture and identity is more unique and there's far more patriots there. Meanwhile Canada is just a slightly more liberal version of us.

Those gulf states are pretty nationalistic about being Arab. Just because they don't live like desert nomads no more doesn't mean they're not nationalist.

>Province has a nationalistic identity and is concerned of "French Genocide".
>WHY DON'T YOU FORCE THEM TO BE AMERICANS.
Literal retardation.

Ideally I'd want something with good job opportunities, not so much a retirement village. I stayed for 2 years last time I went and lived in a dead-end town around the middle of Ontario. It was fucked, no jobs, no active people, no transport, no anything. They tried to sell off the idea as a tourist town but it's just a farce to catch people coming through in the summer.

My only concern is that I don't speak french, otherwise Quebec would be mighty interesting. Also almost every Canadian I've met views Newfoundland as a giant meme. Are areas around Toronto, like Oshawa, worth checking out? I'm moving because my wife lives in Canada, but she doesn't mind moving to a new city to start fresh.

Not just in this thread, but in others, people have recommended living in Quebec. Is the french canadian living that much nicer?

Why do americans feel the need to tell everybody who they are?

Fair enough, I somehow sidetracked myself into arguing culture. In that case however wouln't the meme small countries in Europe like Luxembourg be a better fit tho?

There is absolutely a unique Canadian identity and we are not a nation of immigrants, we are a nation of Anglo and French settlers.
You can fuck right off M. Trudeau.

French Canadian living is quite nice, but not that much nicer. It's just that everything west of there is a cultureless American ripoff.
Newfoundland isn't a meme, nor is Nova Scotia or New Brunswick. All are nice, safe, cutural, all white, places to live and all speak English (New Brunswick is mixed French and English)

We are a big country. If you are coming to Sup Forums to ask about places to live in Canada you are already lost. You claim to have a wife here and she can't help you? You'd honestly be better off to stay in Australia and have her immigrate there.

The difference is Australia is proud of its history, as short as it is.

>Montreal
>French Canadians
I wish

Granted it's much better than Toronto or Hongcouver, but still...

Yo I live in the GTA but I'm thinking of moving to Vancouver

Thoughts? Seems like an upgraded version of Toronto, less poos, not cold as fuck, etc.

You ask this while posting a pic of someone covering themselves in leaves and red/white?

I hope you have money

>Canadian banter thread
>They just agree with me

It's over.... the war has been won.

>Not trying to banter here, but isn't Australia pretty much the same?

NAH M8 MUH DINGOS AND SPIDER MEME

I'm not saying they should be forced to be Angolo in culture you leaf queef, but that they, being apart of a developed nation with develop nation resources and education system, should've learnt it for obvious national and business reasons.

Israel and Greece have high rates of their population being English speakers even though they have managed to have a pretty strong national and cultural identity that they place first.
I would say

>There is no one Canadian identity, but we're not unpatriotic or hate ourselves
So is Canada what the US would be like without the Civil War?

Unless you have money or know people or don't care about working at a ski resort in Banf or something. Also fuck the self hating Canadians and pajeets and typical americans.

>Is the french canadian living that much nicer?

It really depends on what you like. I don't hate it but I much prefer the rest of Canada. It takes a certain kind of person to live there. If you're concerned about meme shit like identity then yes. It's beautiful, good food, good skiing and French bitches are easy (French men are awful to deal with).

There are no jobs, especially if you are an Anglo as we are actively discriminated against by the provincial government and everything is an old boys club. All levels of society and government are Latin America tier corrupt, tradesmen are lazy and always trying to rip everyone off, the taxes are high, the hospital wait times are the longest in the developed world, there is a general sense of entitlement, malalaise and anti entrepreneurialism thanks to the welfare state mentality.

The RoC isn't perfect, but in these aspects it is much better.

probably germany, i don't think they are even allowed to say their country's name above a whisper volume without a written approval from angie

That's because Hebrew and Greek aren't even slightly as relevant as French is. Why do you think that the countries in Western Europe which have the lowest English proficiency tend to be the ones with the most relevant languages (France, Spain, Italy, and even Germany and Austria are surprisingly low)? Obviously Kankerland and Scandiland have very high English proficiency, since their languages are completely and utterly irrelevant. Same goes for Grease and Isralel.

Sounds familiar

>ywn have a qt United Empire Loyalist descendant gf to culturally enrich with your Patriotism

On a scale of Germany to North Korea, we're probably about an Australia.

>So I'm moving to Canada at the start of next year, basically in the dead of winter. I'm already feeling the lack of Cultural Identity, it's depressing just thinking about it. Where's the best place to live in Canada?
you will find anglophone cultural identity in the maritimes and newfoundland
you will find jobs in the americanized and near culture-less provinces west of quebec
you choose pham

I see, I'll take a look at all those provinces. Is french as important in New Brunswick as it is in Quebec? Nova Scotia sounds nice too, something I'll look into.

It wouldn't work for her to move here due to some circumstances. She said I can decide where we settle, but if I can't make a strong decision then it's probably going to be the GTA or somewhere nearby. Having lived in only Queensland I can't tell her about any other state in Australia just like how she can't tell me about other provinces in Canada. It's why I'm asking here, because there are people who have actually had experiences in more than one province, or just live in a different province rather than Ontario.

After thinking about it I'd probably have to rule out Quebec. I just wouldn't feel comfortable living there and not knowing french. Also, Quebec have different immigration laws to the rest of Canada, and since I already have my Confirmation of Permanent Residence I'd have to start the application all over again to move there, not worth it.

Are you implying Canadians aren't proud of their history? How many Canadians have you ever met?

I can tell you from experience that's false. Surveys even back me up; Canadians are the most likely in the developed world to attend Remembrance Day ceremonies and Canada is the most supportive country in the commonwealth of the monarchy.

My home town was founded by Loyalist and we fly the union jack on evey other building. People line the 401 highway when our soldiers who have died return home;

m.youtube.com/watch?v=IsCVlM1CSPU

Tell me those people are not patriotic.

French Canadians are very proud of their history as well.

Shant be participating in this thread. Except stop telling the Australian to move to the maritimes because "muh at least we have culture" because he'll never find a job there unless he starts sucking dicks like the locals just to feed himself. All of the maritimes and Newfie posters on Sup Forums are depressed NEETS obsessed with anime. Don't do it Australian.

I would say that Canadians are actually more nationalistic than Americans.

Which is sort of ironic considering that nobody knows what Canadians nationalism means.

none of the 5 newfie posters including myself post anime from what i know
there's cowan heights guy, waterford valley guy, kilbride guy, downtown guy and the newfie tripcode guy
maybe the newfie tripcode guy posts anime because he's a faggot
also the pros and cons of living in the east and west were clearly stated here my man

This. This is the real Canada, the Canada that the Trudeau family hates.

One of the reasons I like Kellie Leitch is because she says we can't let the Liberal party define who we are as Canadians. Canadian values do exist and it's time we as a nation get together and fight back against the globalist elites like Trudeau who refuse to even recognize that there are things that make us Canadian.

>All levels of society and government are Latin America tier corrupt

I highly doubt that.

Your pros are made up bullshit about some mythical culture I never saw when I was there. That means something to when I was doing things and not like the Sup Forums newfies who stay in their mothers basements experiencing "muh culture" from there. Regardless you know he will never find a good job or make a decent living out there. That's why so many Newfies come out west and stay here.

macleans.ca/news/canada/the-most-corrupt-province/

Well it's a bit of an exaggeration but everything from education, to daycares, to unions, to police, to construction, is affected by corruption to some degree.

Don't move to the maritimes man. Nova Scotia is absolutely shit unless you're an old person who's retired and living on a pension, then "it's nice". You'll be a poor alcoholic just like they are.

Like I said we are a big country that it's hard for somebody from Ontario tell you that Saskatchewan is the right choice and vice versa. We are a very regional country if that makes sense. Take a look at this thread and see you got Kubeckers who hate everybody, angry Ontarians who hate everybody and angry Newfoundlanders who hate everybody and everybody memes about MUH CULTURE because it's been beaten into Canadian brains since birth that Canada is a culture less shithole made for the next wave of immigrants to own who just so happen to not even be European now. If self-hating and apathy were a sport we'd be gold medalists.

>you know he will never find a good job or make a decent living out there. That's why so many Newfies come out west and stay here
that's why i said he should go out west if he prioritized employment, and go east if he prioritized regional culture over employment

>Your pros are made up bullshit about some mythical culture I never saw when I was there
ok, but dialect, cuisine, architecture, mannerisms, etc are all part of a culture and quite observable in many parts of the maritimes and newfoundland

That seems like a good message, it's a shame she's so uncharismatic though. I wish she would commit to actually reducing immigration.

How much shekels do I even need?

How much does it cost to rent a bachelors appartment

Fuck, am I really going to need knee pads to make my way if I move to the maritimes? How is it there's no jobs? Now it's sounding like stick to Ontario for any chance of employment.

At least be honest so he can make sensible priorities, a newly non-established immigrant moving to the east coast is a massive mistake.

What part of Canada is safe from the non-white hordes, lads?

>Ideally I'd want something with good job opportunities
hahahahahahaha

>it's another Ontario and Western Canada get btfo thread

Just join China or the US already baka. at least Alberta is conservative

well i meant to be clear that if he prioritizes secure or decent paying employment, he should look west

however, employment in st john's itself isnt near as bad as the provincial employment level
newfoundland unemployment is teetering around 12-13%, whereas st john's itself is at national average of around 7%

im pretty sure halifax is pretty ok also for employment

newfoundland has 1.5% visible minority, but PEI is pretty much the same in terms of whiteness i guess

Southern Ontario, Vancouver and maybe the Prairies if you're in a valuable trade maybe if you're serious about moving here. It's not a coincidence these places are the shittiest but most full of immigrants. You'll never make it out east in the maritimes, they are barely afloat. All the young people there with sense and ambition are moving out west.

because there's no jobs. no economy. those provinces are welfare leech states where most folks scam the system and do fuck all. as an immigrant that won't work fro you.

and stay away from GTA. it's a shit hole.

ontario more specifically south ontario is basically just america

Newfoundland, PEI, rural Nova Scotia, rual Quebec, rural NB

feels bad man

Either have to have some sort of internet business, live next to Poojeet and Chang-huang Xi or live in the middle of nowhere.

>because there's no jobs. no economy. those provinces are welfare leech states where most folks scam the system and do fuck all. as an immigrant that won't work fro you.
>and stay away from GTA. it's a shit hole.

These two ideas are contradictory.

It's fucking sad

You don't know much about real life or immigrating to a new country if you don't think the number one priority is always secure employment. That's number one.

They actually fly their flag without having to feel bad about it.
Least would have to be some European country that discourages such.

He'd unironically have the best life if he chose the GTA though.

Aren't the Prairies also pretty much America?

it's still a shit hole

>You don't know much about real life or immigrating to a new country if you don't think the number one priority is always secure employment. That's number one.
I didn't say that at all, i told him emphasis of regional culture was in the east and secure employment was in the west
i didn't say move to newfoundland or the maritimes
he was clearly concerned over lack of identity/culture as seen in his post so i told him where he can find jobs and where he can find identity
why are mainlanders such hot heads

All Ontario and Western Canada are yeah

Colder and full of natives.

not really, depends where. Calgary people are very American due to all the American oil company connections.

american midwest and the prairies are very similar, they share a ecological biome after all

>why are mainlanders such hot heads

the chink semen they ingest I think

East coaters have no culture other than Jellybean houses and clam chowder. That's literally it. It's basically America too. Don't fall for their lies.

Reminds me of the Dakotas and Montana, tbqh.

>hot heads

Go back to r*eddit. Your fictional regional culture is no substitute for actually living in the real world was also my point.

That was my initial toss up, Vancouver or Toronto/other southern Ontario cities. I was debating moving to Kingston or Oshawa, and at one point even Ottawa.

I think as nice as the maritimes sound it's just not a good idea right now. If locals struggle to find any employment then I probably won't find any. Initially I didn't think culture and employment were mutually exclusive, but I appreciate the input from both of you.

Anyway, I've gotta dash, but thanks for the input guys. I've got a lot to think about now.

>delicious world renowned seafood cuisine
>the only folk music in Canada besides Quebec who sorta just copied our music
>the only real regional dialects in Canada
>traditional values

we're the oldest settled Anglo part of Canada so of course we'd have something resembling a cultural identity

>tfw Iwn grow up on an island

Probably. Trudeau even said we are the first "post-national" country, and that there are no real core Canadian values.

>mfw my city is getting enriched

Winnipeg is supposed to be irrelevant, why can't they just leave us alone?

Time to move to the inter-lakes where no one can find me.

I live in Oshawa, it's pretty shit but it's mostly white and not overly expensive and like 30 minutes out of here is cottage country and great places to go fishing on the weekend, plus the next town over is all white. You can also hop on a Go Train and be in Toronto in a half hour from here so it's a bretty good location all things considered.

wew, believe what you like, but cuisine, dialect, lifestyle, mannerisms, architecture, music, etc are all parts of what make a culture

but feel free to stay mad for whatever reason

yeah id say secure employment would be the best bet as a primary goal, but the east coast is always nice to visit during july and august

Balkanization is our future. Fuck the frog abortions the inbred martitimers the cancer cowboys of Alberta, Hongcouver, ontario and the rest of this place nobody cares or goes to. We are all an embarrassment to the people who died for this so called country.

Dude

Look up Toronto's motto.

YOU CAN'T

MAKE

THIS

SHIT

UP

holy fucking hell. You just can't fabricate this anymore. l o l

>I live in Oshawa, it's pretty shit but it's mostly white

Isn't Oshawa rivaling Bramptown in nonwhitness?

I looked it up and it was exactly word for word what I thought it would fucking be. we are fucked because of Ontario. they are already spreading their cancer to the rest of Canada.

>clam chowder
>We pretend we're Irish with lame folk music sometimes in pubs
>We have awful accents
>Tradition of pissing yourself in a drunken stupor and chain smoking in parkinglots are our values

impressive.

what's the story on this pic?

>Isn't Oshawa rivaling Bramptown in nonwhitness?

No that's Ajax and Pickering. They are turning into the New Scarborough. Whitby is our bulwark that keeps in contained in Ajax. Oshawa will go that way in another 5-10 years though.