/lang/ Language Learning

>What language are you learning?
>Share language learning experiences!
>Help people who want to learn a new language!
>Find people to train your language with!

>Language learning resources:
4chanint.wikia.com/wiki/The_Official_Sup Forums_How_to_Learn_A_Foreign_Language_Guide_Wiki

duolingo.com/

drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9QDHej9UGAdcDhWVEllMzJBSEk#

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZkPZ40Ccxhw
youtu.be/cLjy1Kj2NwI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Recently started Russian. Will be my first self-study language and I got loads of time these next 8 months so I'm looking forward to learning this beautiful language.

Russian is one of those languages I can only associate with war, unfortunately. Russian, German, Arabic, and Chinese to a lesser degree fall under this category to me.

I don't really care too much about history so I don't have those associations.

yav sen ne diyorsun değişik

Anyone here used Glossika for Russian?

I always hear Russian is one of the harder languages to learn but really how hard can it be?

Türkçe

Yeni ibne?
Based, watch our series(pic related, a very good one) will help immensely.

I'm really just working on my American accent. Why should it be okay to speak American English with a thick foreign accent, while other nationalities would lose their shit over it?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZkPZ40Ccxhw

Rate my English, Sup Forums. I voice Hillary Clinton in this video. No, that's not the pitch I usually speak with.

Never mind the content of the video, we were just told to quickly animate a sketch with Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, no directions given...

So I went a little overboard.

Not my Youtube channel.

It's good if it's true.

Trying to learn Italian but I'm struggling to remember all the vocabulary and some of the grammar rules just don't make sense to me from what I've read so far. Can anyone recommend some decent resources?

For vocabulary try using flash cards or some derivative(influent game) if you haven't already, helps a lot.

Any Russiabros here? If I learn Russian could I make a life for myself as a freelance English teacher/illegal migrant worker in Moscow?

Tried to start with Japanese, but I don't have the time and dedication. Besides, I don't even know if I will ever go there. I just think I can find the most interesting culture by learning that language.

It's not so hard how people think,of course we have some difficult rules,the hardest i think is punctuation and cases,but the other rules almost like in english.

Jap for the challenge (not autistic enough for chink), memorising vocab is easy-ish, but I can't fucking learn grammar for whatever reason.

Turk bros what do you know about the Chagatai language?

And for some reason i've used russian punctuation in english -_-

it's dead. it was a karluk (closer to uyghur than it is to uzbek iirc) langauge. it kept living as a literary language after it's extinction.

How do you decide which language to learn? And what's the best way to really get to know a country or culture without living there? Otherwise everything is based on preconceived ideas or stereotypes

spanish learner here, grammar is not included, you must find a site or notebook for it
It gets better when you use duolingo with rosetta stone because are kind of similar

I got this problem too. I want to learn Mandarin, Russian and Arabic for different reasons but part of me also thinks i should learn either french/spanish/italian/german first because they take 5x less time to learn long.

A language should just come to you like falling in love. If you choose one just cause, you are going to suck at it.

Most people go with a language that will become useful for them in their career, relationships or whatever.But if you feel like no language will be helpful for you in a practical sense then you can start by listening to some conversations from all kinds of languages and maybe do some research on their culture and go from which sounds more interesting to you.Or you can always go and pick a random language with good amount of resources and end your search there.

Fuck learning languages
kys nerds

no u

A friend of mine gave me a copy of Tae Kim, so I guess I'm learning japanese.

>gaysperanto
Reconsider your life choices fâm

Similar thing happened to me I had Pimsleur Swedish on a relatives computer so I went with that.

Can't argue with that lmao

Learn a new language or

>Learn a new language
vai tomar no cu seu otário

So I'm going to go with Brazilian Portugese instead of Continental Portugese is it the correct choice you think?I just think continental sound a bit anal and yours sound simpler that's my thought process here.

>Tfw you can read spanish books about history but write like a fucking mongolico.
fuck my life.

see, cant even write the word mogólico right.

Of course it's true. How else would I know about that video when it had like 4 views when I posted it?

I live about an hour from the Portuguese border and I speak Brazilian Portuguese lmao

Well in murica we only talk english if you speak 2 languages your suking up to tha immigrant, this is our land you talk emglish or gtho,trump maga we rule the world

ive been learning japanese for a few years now, what language next
-finnish
-czech
-polish
-italian
-surprise me??

toki, jan jaki o. sina wile ala wile unpa uta e palisa mije mi?

Ĉu vi scipovas, Turkujo?

Try me, bastard.

>vocab
just kill me now

Polish is cool imo, fucking hard though but even the immigrants are pretty cool and appreciate any attempt to learn the language

let me guess, Japanese? Because usually the japanese learners always are the ones complaining about it.

正解
It sucks in every language though

I know that feel. the worse part is when you have enough grammar to be fluent, but miss enough of it to be taken seriously or write really long compound sentences.

What are you learning?

Spanish. I want to get a proxy because I am tired of the bs I get from it.

Trying to learn Mandarin because thats the only thing my contractors speak. Still a long way but after a couple months its been like - how could I have forgotten these characters.

Any interesting shows or movies can recommend? Kinda hard to find a program with both pinyin/hanzi

youtu.be/cLjy1Kj2NwI
What the literal fuck is this
What's that pipe and how is it doing that? Where is this?

Russian vs Arabic

Help me pick.

>Be turkicaboo
>Türkçe is by far the most useful
>Think the language should be a warrior one
>Have to deal with very soft consonants and ridiculous words if you speak french

Why Tanrı.

Anyway it's super fun to learn and it's the comfiest because of it's medium difficulty & a possibility to practice it since there are a lot of materials & qts on Interpals.

Learning English and Mandarin Chinese but am making little progress...

Grammatical cases are top tier

Go for russian mate

anyone here ever tried using the fsi tapes? are they any good? want to use them for spanish

>Learning Russian, Bosnian and Dutch at the same time

>Russian was fun to speak, Bosnian is fun to sing and Dutch is fun overall

I learned a little French, but i'm a bit busy now.

I just always liked Russian. Started like 6 years ago and I still think it's as beautiful now as then so I thought I should learn it. If I started back then I would be pretty much fluent now if I kept at it.

So like this guy said you just fall in love with it