Please tell me you havn't allowed your brain to be cucked by foreign thought processes by learning a secondary language

Please tell me you havn't allowed your brain to be cucked by foreign thought processes by learning a secondary language

Based Irish and their Irish langauge.

Do you speak Irish ?

>Irealand
>1
>It's not even their native language

fugg :D

met a group of irishmen studying ENGLISH at our university, they didnt even speak irish.

>italy being in third place

thats weird considering how almost everyone here speaks italian only

>tfw have studied english, french and spanish
>only remember english
I'm ok

>tfw i wasted 6 years learning german
>tfw i cant remember shit

Tá Gaeilge agat?

>t. ingsoc

The two foreign languages in Macedonia are English and ALBANIAN

>Macedonia
Triggered

Well Finlan is Bilingual so doesn't really count.

Highschool offered me to pick between French, German, Russian and Chinese next to English.

Picked Russian.

Feels liberator man

These maps are filled with bullshit most of the time

>spent 1 year in high school learning Spanish
>realize i already speak the only important language
>stop
feels good lads

It's The Former Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonia or FYROM in short.

Well done Feliks.

I don't get it.
In France we had to learn 2 languages. Generally people choose English - Spanish or English - German.

It's two.

So others countries are shit ? What about Germany ? They learn English but that's it ?

Thanks lingustico!

This map is bullshit. There's no way we learn more language than Belgium and Germany

He is right, though. The language you speak affects the thoughts you have. Becoming fluent in a bigger language makes you think in a less unique way. It's kind of sickening.

>The Kingdom of Sweden or KOS for short.
>The Swiss Confederation or SC for short.
>The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland or UKOGBANI for short.
>The Russian Federation or RF for short.

Using the "official title" of the government when talking about the country is stupid. The name of the place is what people actually give a shit about.

That's bulshit for sure.

You're required to take 2 languages in the lower secondary years.

The average should be 2.

we study german here(french is also an option, but 90% go for german) but no one learns shit

i can barely form a sentence

Bullshit

The Dutch one can't be correct either. Considering at least half the population gets 4 to 6 languages. And the rest 2 or 3.

>this post coming from IRELAND

God, I fucking hate this place.

We have 4 cooficial languages lad

Belgium speaks Dutch, French and German.

So English is the only foreign language they get. :^)

3 languages are being taught in primary school and 1-2 more languages in secondary school so I can't really see how someone could speak less than the 3 languages taught in primary school

heh, makes sense then

fuck off with those lies

>lower secondary education
It means middle school. Everyone studies English and either French, German or Spanish in middle school, so the map is correct.

how do you learn 1.4 languages

i learned english, slovak (lolol) and german and can use all of them well.

but Irish people usually study two foreign languages (English and French typically)

Learning Russian for when the EU collapses and you guys all get IVAN'D

If this map is accurate, it disadvantages countries that have more than one official language, e.g. Ireland and Belgium. We learn three languages at school, but are only credited with one.

Ina theannta sin, bailigh leis na gaill a dheireann nach bhfuil Gaeilge againn.

The Netherlands has two official languages (Dutch, Frisian) and another 4 regional languages (Limburgish with 825000 speakers, Dutch low saxon with 1.8 million speakers, papiamento, english).

>4 regional languages
Do they have full language rights in the public sphere?

Also, if Frisian is an official language, does that mean one could use it in a court in Amsterdam, or Bonaire, even?

>when you know English, Spanish, a bit of German and are working on Chinese

just multikulti my shit up senpai

Frisian can be used in court. The other languages are wiped under the carpet.

>Frisian can be used in court.
Anywhere in the country, though? Like Aruba?

In the north of the Netherlands Frisian can be used in court in multiple provinces.
But in the rest of the country it's officially only possible if you aren't very proficient at Dutch.
It can also be used in all government correspondence.

In Frisia (Friesland) itself it's also a mandatory school subject.

The thing is: it's hard to find a Frisian speaker if you don't live nearby Frisia (Friesland) or a neighboring province.
So if you want to speak it in a court in Amsterdam then they have to get a translator.

Everywhere in the country, not the kingdom. Aruba is not part of the Netherlands, but is part of the kingdom of the Netherlands.