Is the 3 pointer the biggest meme in the history of sports?

Is the 3 pointer the biggest meme in the history of sports?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Straffo/status/739644094905884672
twitter.com/AnonBabble

twitter.com/sage

Pretty much which is a shame considering the actual GOAT didn't shoot that many threes.

>that pic
>it's only going to get worse
Kill me now

Jerry West couldn't shoot 3s, he didn't even have a 3 pt line

Multiball

Based MWNN

you can't blame people doing what wins them games....but it sure makes for some shitty boring basketball

Exactly

Literally no different than the forward pass and football and no one complains about that

>w-we're losing by 50 because of refball

I prefer post play and actual defense but that's gone. Just chunk and pray

Better than a dumb porchmonkey traveling four steps from the top of the key, randomly throwing up the ball, and flopping for a foul every play.

twitter.com/Straffo/status/739644094905884672

Making perimeter defending nigh impossible was a mistake

3 > 2

>meme

This word has seriously lost all meaning. Eat a fat fucking dick, OP

>rape is rape
triggered

>You are blocked from following @Straffo and viewing @Straffo's Tweets

what a cunt

cry babbies: the thread

>implying anyone in this thread was consciously aware of their surroundings in 1987

i wont lie

this is sad and i do feel how upset people are in the face of warrior dominance, but hey. OKC was a tough team, almost got the Warriors to prove that length and athleticsm is still a factor. It's just the warriors greatness and ability to close and clutchness...their intangibles

but let the sobbing continue...doosies brehs

Basketball is literally the only sport that gives more points based on distance

>play pickup against 15 year olds and younger who only know curry
>they just move the ball around the perimeter and chuck shots

>play against 20-25 year olds who grew up with kobe/lebron
>they drive to the rim, layup, midrange, pump fake, dirk fadeaway, dunk, post up, hook shot, cross over, etc.

this is why it's ruining the game

You probably deserve it, racist.

I'm a pacers fan could care less just hate how bad the nba is now

Just put back in hand checking

soon the NBA will be just like the NCAA
or worse, like Euro Basket

>your local pick up game against little teenagers is what a multi billion dollar organization is built upon

But it's not the only sport that has variable scoring based on the difficulty of the score. Rugby and Cricket are the two best examples that come to mind of other sports that do it

Phil Jackson is trying to lead a revolution.

He says the 2 pointer is being devalued!

It sort of is?

if you make the 2-pointer 80% of the time, and the 3-point 60% of the time, shoot threes anyway

1.6 ppp vs 1.8ppp

warriors actually have a back court to pull this off

I, and I assume many other people, predicted the 3-point shot would eventually take over the sport. Basketball has a fixed target with no goalie, so if you can get good enough at aiming at the target, you dont have to worry as much about your opponent. In all sports the players consistently get better each generation. However, it mostly balances out because the more skilled offense is going against the more skilled defense. In basketball, there is no "skill" on defense that counteracts superior accuracy, and when you reward that accuracy with an extra point, it's inevitable that players are all trying to reach that point where they can shoot before the other team has a chance to play defense.

In other words, in 15 years basketball will be similar to watching darts.

Those will be the future stars of the nba.

I wish my team could shoot as well as GS. We had Korver but he's fucking washed.

>In basketball, there is no "skill" on defense that counteracts superior accuracy, and when you reward that accuracy with an extra point, it's inevitable that players are all trying to reach that point where they can shoot before the other team has a chance to play defense.

This sentence is so wrong I can hardly fathom its existence

how so? GS's primary game plan is focused on the fact that it's exponentially more difficult to play defense behind the arc, and that they are more accurate so they can do this strategy.

>NCAA is worse than the NBA
Pleb

They need to turn it into zone.