Is it worth learning Russian, or is it on the way out? I already know one Slavic language, but I can't read Cyrillic

Is it worth learning Russian, or is it on the way out? I already know one Slavic language, but I can't read Cyrillic.

You can learn how to read cyrillic in an afternoon, it's easy

easy for a slavshit because we use those sounds all the time

both are right
it's just 33 letters but pronouncing it correctly is a pain in the ass

depends on your objectives
me i want some of those many resources and pdfs in the russian web

Which Slavic language do you speak?

Also, cyrillic is easy to learn. Learn Russian cyrillic and you can read what all the cnabs are writing

Depends on your definition of knowing one Slavic language

It's easy for anybody, I learned it without ever opening a book by just spending a week in Kiev and comparing the sounds you hear in the underground to the words, and filling in the gaps.

If you actually studied, it would take an afternoon. It took me an afternoon to learn the Greek alphabet about 10 years ago and I still can read Greek.

why the fuck would you spend a week in Kijów

EU agitators

I speak Polish. My mother also knows Russian because it was required learning in school or something (I don't know anything about Polish history), but she has a very low opinion of Russians.

actual polish or polonia polish

>My mother also knows Russian because it was required learning in school or something (I don't know anything about Polish history), but she has a very low opinion of Russians.
The older Polish guy I work with is the same. Had to learn Russian in school and now hates the language and the people.

Because I like travelling and Ukraine is very cheap and as interesting is any other country.

Actual Polish. She mostly just has contact with other Polish people living in the States.

wew fucking chicagoniggers

stop being hyphenated americans you're bad at it anyway

I'm in New York, dude.

I watch the TV there are no Poles outside of Czikago

also stop voting PiS you fucks

There are.
Greenpoint or Ridgewood?

Hmmm your version is boring.
This one is better:

You met wrong Poles, most likely they were Ukrainians

Besides NYC, New Britain (New Britski) CT has a bunch.

There are Polish communities all over the east coast.
Brooklyn, but not Greenpoint. Close enough either way.

>the sounds you hear in the underground
Do Ukrainians live in sewers?

He's older and 100% Polish and is constantly going back to Wroclaw. Also one of his uncles was part of the Polish Free Army that went to Scotland after the war.

For what purpose?

I'm in Bushwick. I know some of the Poles in Brooklyn.

>Wrocław

so he's ukrainian

I'm trying to find out.

A A
Б B
B V
Г G (god)
Д D
E E (let)
Ё io
Ж G (savaGE)
З Z
И E (Eat)
К K
Л L
M M
H N
O O
П P
P R
C S
T T
У OO (book, cool)
Ф F
Х H (Hard)
Ц cz (czar)
Ч CH (chair)
Ш SH (shoot)
Щ say Ш and whistle a bit
Ь '
Ы its hard but try to say "really" fast and it can be right sound. Anyway u can pronounse И
Ъ never mind
Э E (emotion, Everest)
Ю you, u
Я Ya, yo (yong)

>Ukranian

>Ъ never mind

Therefore you don't need it.

He's not from there originally he's from somewhere in the North. The commies actually killed his current wife's father.

Germans killed mine grandfathers, family of my grandmother (2 adults and 6 children). Should I hate them now?

You can admit to liking the whores over there Henk

yes you idiot they are germans

Ok u nerd, try to explain it to american guy

Explain your point, pls

it forces you to pronounce the following Y sound instead of using it to soften the anteceding consonant, that's the only practical usage and it's highly limited

it's sometimes used for dank memes though

If I wanted whores I'd visit Belgium

Most of russian vowels are actually not vowels but combination of "y" and some actual vowel like "e" (it's read like ye) and this makes every consonant that goes after softer, so Ъ prevents this softening.

пшш пшш гжeгoж этa ты?

can someone explain motion verbs

мoлчит, нo мы cyкa знaeм

What are Belgian whores like?

Russian should be easy for you, but it's still a foreign language, some of their basic structures are quite different, even sentences like "I'm a student" or "I have a car".

What does a plane do? It flies, so in Slavic languages you don't go by plane, you fly by plane. A ship swims so you swim by ship, never go by ship etc. Basically you have to ask yourself what that particular mean of transportation does and then you say that you do the same action when you travel by them.

>E E (let)

?