Will be 32 by the end of next season

>will be 32 by the end of next season
>relies a lot of his game on athleticism, no longer has a jumpshot or skills that transition well with age
>body has wear, been in the league over 12 years playing 35 minutes a night + deep playoff runs

Anyway,
>2-5
>advanced stats

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KT-zhe-5ORA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

he can't shoot the j but what does that matter? his shot percentage has increased as he got older he shot under 50% for the first six years of his career and over 50% every year since but last.

a guy who plays like a guard on offense and shoots over 50% can miss all the j's he wants. and who is to say he won't improve his j game? he's one of the greatest basketball players in the world you think he can'r develop a killer j? lmfao. mj developed a fadeaway j late in his careee lbj could easily work on his jumper.

i swear bron haters are the most illogical thoughtless retards on planet earth

>hurrrr he's losing the finals again ledecline! epic xD
nevermind the fact there's 28 teams who wish they could even get to the finals and bron yet again looks like the only player on the team capable of playing.

this to be honest

I'm not saying it's going to happen, but weirder things have happened in sports and in this year's playoffs, we could possibly end up taking these two at home and turn it into a crap-shoot best-of-three series.

If we get swept, the shit storm offseason we'll face is going to be huge. I'd hate to see us trade away some players I've learned to love over the past few years, but that's the outcome of being embarrassed.

Part of me kind of wishes we didn't make the finals last year, or even this year. I wish our expectations didn't outpace the reality of this team. I wish we would have kept Andrew Wiggins.

I’m not promising a championship. I know how hard that is to deliver. We’re not ready right now. No way. Of course, I want to win next year, but I’m realistic. It will be a long process, much longer than it was in 2010.
I hate to be aw-shucks-gee-wiz, but I am honestly just happy to be here in the big picture. I love basketball, I love watching, and I love winning games. Watching the team we had from 2010-2015 was horrible, it wasn't fun, and it wasn't exciting. I was sold nothing from the Cavaliers except a chance to see 5 guys play basketball, at least with this team I can be sold the hope of a title. I'll gladly be in the conversation than completely forgotten about every year.

I even take a little comfort in knowing we aren't losing to the 09 Magic or another group that "shouldn't be in this position," we're losing to one of the all-time greatest teams assembled. Take away all the personal stuff and look at the basketball stuff, the Warriors are a fantastic squad.

I don't even know what to say, I just wanted to vent I guess. Let's go Cavs.

Warriors are just an awful match up tb h.

The moment OKC choked, Cavs were done.

playing thunder with come court was a guaranteed chip. memeiors coming back down 3-1 to win is part of the cleveland pro sports curse.

I honestly think its time to seriously start considering trading Kyrie.

Let's be real, the kid is not an MVP talent so really, there is no way the Cavs will be relevant once Bron is done. Right now his selfish dribble dribble dribble iso muh scoring game is a serious issue.

*home court

i think they should trade love instead and try and sign durant :^)

>i think they should trade love
The issue with trading Love is that his value is at an all time low. What can you reasonably get for him now that he's been exposed as a soft bitch who plays no defense?

Some desperate team might actually offer a good package for Kyrie, Love will get you nothing of note, maybe a late lottery pick + some average role players

This. No one is taking Love on a max deal.

Kyrie is the only one with good trade value right now cause of his age and meme iso scoring.

Remember when Lebron could shoot threes for like 1 year lol

>soft bitch who plays no defense

So Kyrie?

Love would be perfect for many teams, not this shit tier Cavs team that clearly EVERYBODY hates being on.

lol kill yourself faggot, the shit storm won't be huge because literally nobody expected your shitty ass city to ever win a fucking championship, fucking kill yourself bum.

>scores using inside game
>inside gets worse with age

hmmmm

Its funny how LeBron jumpshot was at its peak in 2014 in his last season at Miami.

The moment he joined the Cavs, it falls apart.

People think LeBron suppresses the ability of his teammates to perform.

I think it's true to a degree, but it's a double edged sword because they wouldn't sniff the Finals without him.

Maybe it's just a poor approach he and his teams (outside of Miami) have taken to building a roster. Even Wade and Bosh had to adjust to being 2nd and 3rd option. A player who excels as those options is probably better than a guy like Kyrie who is now expected to be 2nd fiddle

>and who is to say he won't improve his j game?
The last 15 years where he has literally developed no discernable basketball skills.

You are a massive cuck.

Kyrie averages ~20 ppg and is still young with room to improve. His trade value is significantly higher than Love's.

>People think LeBron suppresses the ability of his teammates to perform.

It's true. He makes his teammates demonstrably worse. No rookie has ever developed under him. Wiggins would be ruined if he was exposed to James at this stage.

lol

whatever you say Kyrie

Its like people can't understand that Kyrie has:

> age
> excitement factor (elite handles, iso scoring to put up a lot of points)
> PG defense isn't as big of a deal as a big man defense

t. Kyrie Irving

>peak
You mean when they got obliterated by the Spurs. Lmao, britbong Ahmeds talking about balling... Go pack a vest or something.

LeBron would have another Ring if he stopped being GM and just played.

Trading Wiggins for Love was a disaster. Changing coaches every year is a disaster.

At least Jordan waited until his playing days were over to show the world he was a bad GM.

LeBron has no one to blame but himself for his 2-5 record.

So you actually think that Love has been better than Kyrie?

good post

fuck bron bron
fuck bron bron
fuck bron bron

It's not about improving his j, he's just gotten much worse at it. In Miami he was a pretty good 3pt shooter. He had a reliable midrange.

Love and Kyrie are both dog shit, but Love is as tradeable or more than Kyrie. There's an abundance of quality PGs in the league, you do not need to fall for the Kyrie Lie. Love would be a great role player in the right system. Kyrie absolutely not.

His jump shot. What does that have to do with the Spurs you sperg?

>roleplayer in the right system on $23m a year for 4 more years
You're right m8, GMs will break the bank for that one

>the greatest player of all time was a quitter

Kek. Cuck sport anyhow.

Salary cap is going up, no big deal.

>3pt shot is everything now
>cant shoot the 3
>best shooters in the league are on GSW
JUST

allowing a player to make bad roster decisions is absolutely 100% on the ownership but i'm inclined to think wiggins is an atrocious fit with lebron and making the finals is hardly a fail.

Cavs should get a real coach

>wiggins is an atrocious fit with lebron
Wiggins is not only a bad fit, he's simply a bad player who doesn't excel in a single basketball skill.

>losing in the finals
>not a fail
LMAO
HERE'S YOUR TROPHY
THANKS FOR SHOWING UP
LMAO

James should be a Man and just be a player-coach.

the literal same could be said for mj who suddenly developed a fadeaway whereas he was only known for his dribble drive game.

you're a cucklord nothing more

sorry you don't know how basketball works but not sorry, you're an idiot

player-coach was for an era when basketball was a joke

great teams have great coaches

Explain to me how basketball works, faggot. Oh that's right, you're a LeBron Apologist and you don't know jack shit about anything except riding BBC and being a size queen. Fuck off.

LMAO

This is hilarious, please, stop comparing James to Jordan, it only confirms the only cuck here is you.

and you're a gigantic memeiors dick riding faggot. so what you're saying is every team and every player in the nba is shit besides le memers and muh steph klay and draymond. race based fear mongering is a mental disease and you should head back to b, retard.

lol yeah that's exactly what I said you fucking moron ha ha ha cool ''argument''

>great players can't work on their weaknesses when needed, it ruins my narrative!
when mj lost a step and defenses started collapsing on him, he developed a fadeaway. if bron stops dropping 25+ a night he will work on his midrange game. you're a common bron hater nothing more to see here folks.

and you're retarded so that explains what you said.

>shouldnt be in this position

You mean like a Cavs team that has coasted through the East and a cake playoff schedule?

No, you're right, I'm not being serious because I think James would be an all-time awful basketball coach.

The only retard trying to ''explain'' what I said is you, retard.

enjoy next season when your meme bandwagon crashes and burns retard

>we
>we
>we'll
>us
>we
>our
>we
>we're
>we
>we're

Please fuck off you giant piece of shit. You havent dont shit for the team.

Whats worse is that LeBron hand fucking picked this team, and the coach, and now that he's become a giant meme its a different excuse every season. Last year it was injuries. This year you dont have enough weapons. Make up your fucking mind. "Venting" when things dont go your way is called whining.

Developing rookies seems to be something coaches should do desu

if he hand picked them he didn't do a bad job. at the time the warriors weren't this good and since that time they're the only team in the game that can reliably exploit their weaknesses. not bron's fault the goat team of all time happened overnight.

>they're the only team in the game that can reliably exploit their weaknesses
The Thunder and the Spurs would beat the Cavs in the Finals

based on which metric?

they're 2-2 against the spurs and 3-1 against thunder

nobody but the warriors reliably exploits their weaknesses and they weren't in the same league as they are now when bron allegedly hand picked his team.

>based on which metric?
On Lebron losing the Finals 71% of the time

he hasn't lost the finals with his alleged hand picked team to anybody but the warriors
again, by which metric do you conclude they would lose the finals to anybody but the warriors?

Only losing to the Warriors isn't too much of an argument when Warriors are the only serious team they've faced in the play offs.

It's not a serious argument to say they'd lose to anybody but the Warriors then since it's the only team they've lost to.

Cleveland have lost to every serious team they've faced in the play offs and they've beaten every shitty team they've faced in the play offs.

Spurs and Thunder are serious teams.

>overnight

Curry has been with GS since 2009. Thats six years longer than overnight. Should he have left earlier to chase rings?

LeBron failed in Cleveland the first time. Went to Miami, got his hand held and ego stroked by Dwade, and then came back to a Cavs team that he got to hand pick. Once you get handed the reigns to a franchise you lose the right to complain about anything.

Back to back finals? Oh boy! Im do proud of the Cavs, especially when their playoff schedule has gone:

>Celtics > Bulls > Hawks
>Pistons >Hawks >Raptors

Your post make zero sense but by now that's par for the course. They've only lost to Warriors.

Nobody said the Warriors would have one of the historically greatest teams ever three seasons ago.

>They've only lost to Warriors.
Who just happen to be their only good competition.

I've never like Lebron's playing style. All he does is charge in and push his defenders away, then lay it up or dunk it.

Youre right. No one said that. But GS grew organically into one of the most dominant teams in NBA history.

When the top three players on the Warriors have been with the team THEIR ENTIRE CAREERS please explain how that is over night. Thanks!

>When the top three players on the Warriors have been with the team THEIR ENTIRE CAREERS please explain how that is over night.
Lecuck fans think the only way to assemble a contender is by bailing on your teammates to form a super team with your established All-Star buttbuddies.

youtube.com/watch?v=KT-zhe-5ORA

It doesn't excuse his traveling and charging.

That's on the refs not on him desu

yeah you can't blame that on GMBron. he got ty lue to take that bullet.

warriors are the worst case scenario, but spurs would be a problem. OKC had sufficient athleticism to overpower the old man spurs. Cleveland doesn't have that same level of athleticism.

OKC is a toss-up to me. if lebron still has a vacation house in KD's head, then it's certainly winnable.

He should actually do this tho desu.

>Team up with Melo/CP3/Wade/Whoever
>go to whatever team would make that work
>win seven rings

>m-muh handles

What exactly has his fucking handles won him?

>vacation house in KD's head
kek

Not if your whole deal is ''making other players better''...which he doesn't.

>actually believing that

the fact is they went from a team nobody was saying would be one of the goats or anything even remotely like that one season to a championship winning and historically great team the next -- overnight. how they grew has nothing to do with my point. which is that nobody, certainly not lebron, could have nor did see it coming.

and nothing you can do or say will ever counter my point so, piss off

>and nothing you can do or say will ever counter my point so, piss off
Except for the fact that their record has been improving every single year since 2011 and their 3 best players were improving every year as well.

They went from a shit team, to a very good team, to an all time great team.

If you define a good team by a team that can by some tangible metric reliably beat the Cavs in the finals, yes.

If you claim another team would beat the Cavs, which you did, the onus is then on you to provide evidence as to how. And you haven't provided any.

Tons of teams steadily improve every year and never make or win the finals.

Again, nobody in was claiming the Warriors would be where they are today three seasons ago, we would be talking about that if they were. Curry was considered injury prone at one time, different coach, different role players, etc. Basketball is a team sport.

>Basketball is a team sport.

Tell that to Lebron. I think a lot of times the concept of a "team" gets lost in professional sports. Teams start from the top down, and successful ones usually follow likewise goals set by management in order to succeed in a goal that would be nearly impossible by a single individual.

People always seem to think a team is just a bunch of guys who play together. Good teams WANT to play together, they WANT to listen to their coach, and they trust the people around them.

I hate Golden State so goddamn much, but watching them makes it very obvious they are a complete team. They like playing together, they trust each other, and perhaps most importantly they trust and respect their leaders. I feel sick just typing this but that's what Lebron makes me do.

main difference between the cavs and heat, honestly

clear chain of command in miami, and player accountability to each other

whereas in cleveland, all roads lead to lebron

>yfw MJ was even a better GM than Lebron

lebron never had anybody building a team as good as the past chip winners for him like everyone else you day. he toiled away a gigantic fucking chunk of his career with a horrible team and immediately won titles when he chose to take action.

so yes, basketball is a team sport and a better TEAM brought him victory, all in the face of the most vicious naysayers you could possibly conceive burning his jersey on national tv, public denouncement by ownership, etc.

>lebron never had anybody building a team as good as the past chip winners for him like everyone else you day
Pat Riley

so when lebron loses it's gm lebron but when he wins it's the powers that be assembling a team for him

You said he never had anybody building a good team. I called you on your bullshit and said he had an elite GM who got him the most talented team in the league and the perfect winning conditions.

I didn't put any blame or mention GM Lebron. You did that to deflect from getting called on lying on the internet to make excuses for a basketball player.

i'm pretty sure it was actually lebron, bosh, wade and their cohesiveness from the olympics that made them decide to take a pay cut to come together and not riley.

again, this is the everything bad lebron does is his fault and everything good is someone else fallacy.

>i'm pretty sure it was actually lebron, bosh, wade and their cohesiveness from the olympics that made them decide to take a pay cut to come together and not riley.
They wouldn't have won shit without Ray Allen, Birdman, Battier, Mike Miller, Chalmers and the winning culture and pedigree that Riley brought with him.

Lebron thought he could recreate that in Cleveland and so far he's miserably failing.

>this dopey motherfuckers face

You're fucking retarded.

I bet you have NO IDEA how important Jerry West is to the Warriors.

none of those guys came to "play for riley" they came to win a chip from the big 3 who chose to play together in a comfy city.

idc desu

Let's see Lebron try to recreate this team without Riley.

Oh wait, we're seeing it now and it's not going well.

>excuses for lebron: the thread

you cucks are pathetic. maybe, just maybe, he isn't as good as you guys once thought? maybe he doesn't actually make the players around him better? maybe his game has deteriorated because he can't hit any shot outside of the paint anymore and he doesn't try on defense???

It's everything. Clearly

lebron haters are worse than lebron fanboys. you do the same thing as them only worse.

>Can he do it alone against the GOAT team?
>too scared to even try
/legacy

>being a size queen
>LeBabby fan

>2-4

soon to be 2-5