youtube.com/watch?v=Aik_HyS5WgI
youtube.com/watch?v=CzEbm7yup7g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

They can use that chant when they're BUILDING
W
A
L
L

Beacuse we feel a cathartic experience when shouting something that will offend someone.

puto doesn't homosexual afaik

They deserved it last night 2bh, Ur a gay played like shit.

Americans will never understand this part of football.

*doesn't mean

yankee de mierdaaaaaaa

Mexicans sound like really cool lads tbf.

They would fit like a glove here in Portugal.

They are our greatest ally.

But muh progressive fútbol.

>why won't they stop?
Why should they? It's fucking great. Soccer needs more things like this and not those gay ass songs.

wait this is what this whole puto thing is about?

>get butthurt when they are called beaners
>call others faggots
Why are mexcrement such crybabies?

They should learn even worse behaviour desu

youtube.com/watch?v=dt5UnkRWjEE

Still yelling "puto"?

Less offensive than FIGHT AND WIN, WINNING TEAM CLAP CLAP t b h

sigh... it's the current year you know...

yeah it's what they do every time the opposing keeper takes a goal kick, it's like ayyyyyy and then PUUUUTOOO when he kicks it, there's some coordinated hand/arm motion or something to go with it too. pretty harmless stuff.

this.

Football is great when the crowd doesn't give a fuck. It helps showing who are the players with the mental strength to endure the pressure.

isn't puto just a random insult in Mexico though? Does it even hold any homophobic connotation in that context?

>puto
is this like the only swear word they have
lol

Leaf please get out .

rare

Exactly, isn't that the whole fucking point of a chant?

>oh, but we shouldn't be using "gay" as an insult

Yes we should because everybody knows that being gay means you're weak.

CHI

I thought puto meant bitch or fucktard? Why do these SJWs not bother learning the nuances of a language they clearly dont understand?

BUILD

>hand/arm motion
It means coward or bastard rather than faggot

>americans

Why can't they just fuck off back to their own "sports"?

>isn't puto just a random insult in Mexico though? Does it even hold any homophobic connotation in that context?
closest thing would be like saying faggot, but that's because of its usage and not so much its meaning. it's more like how people on this cantonese calligraphy bulletin board call each other faggots all the time, it doesn't have to mean gay even though you can make it mean gay.

>Why do these SJWs not bother learning the nuances of a language they clearly dont understand?
You're a fucking retard, you're the one who doesn't understand the nuances.
It's a slur for fag prostitutes in the way they're using it

>everybody knows that being gay means you're weak

Bang bang

>IT'S THE CURRENT YEAR AND MEXICANS STILL USE HOMOPHOBIC SLURS

It's funny, 'puto' here mean (male) kid.

It does.

I don't know what that picture is from so if you're making a reference you will have to explain it.

We are the Mexico of Europe

Just because we're both brown? Despicable.

>third worlders are homophobic, violent, uneducated, backwards
>we should let more of them in

So you is sayin you was a puto? smdh pham

lefties are weird huh?

Shouldn't it be a bigger deal to call a player a prostitute then calling them gay? I mean it's current year, being a faggot isn't a big deal.

it used to mean the same as in spanish but its meaning slowly changed over the years to what it is nowadays

pot kettle etc.

>brazil

prostitute shaming is anti-feminist though, and feminism has had a longer relevant foothold here than homosexual acceptance

>"Puto" is somehow homophobic
But it's like calling someone fucktard.
It can also be something good, "El Puto" is someone cool (at least in my city).

iktf

I still am fám.

We're also loud and very prone to emigration

D-FENCE

D-FENCE

D-FENCE

This

Doesnt puto mean "punk bitch" ?

I'd like to see an american crowd at one of these games shout "BUILD FENCE" instead of defense.

USA is too brainwashed by now to do such a thing.

>tfw this is now a common chant in the portuguese basketball league, in english

What if they say "will jump it"

D-FESA doesn't sound go tbH

Scrolling through this thread it seems that nobody even seems to agree on what it means. Doesn't that imply that insisting it means something homophobic is forced cultural appropriation? What if the fans identify their chant as trans-slur? Sounds like some privilege needs to be checked.

In Mexico puto means faggot, and puta means whore

*good

This. The mexicans are simply being complimentary.
>EHHHHHHHHHHH YOU DA MAN!

They do something similarly nice at the end of the game, too, when they provide opposing supporters with bags of a yellow water solution after particularly heated and intense matches

that's what no dubs do to you

Doesnt puto also mean "male whore"?

white american soccer fans are pro-open borders

it will never stop

also, this

>Not using Erasure songs
Singing this will make you win
youtube.com/watch?v=Aik_HyS5WgI

Yes.

What if you chant "puto" in a gender neutral bathroom?

no, you're confusing yuroboos with fans who are white but insist on calling it "futbol".

I literally don't see the distinction.

That's walking a fine line unless you include the proper non-binary trigger warnings.

Puto means homosexual, that´s it.

>white liberals trying to tell what is right or wrong about other peoples culture language

then you shouldn't be laying down blanket stereotypes. there's at least 4 major kinds of soccer fans here, and they're all insufferable.

For Mexicans it's like faggot, it actually means gay but people use it all the time as common insult without context. For the rest of the Spanish speaking countries means "man-whore"

>For Mexicans it's like faggot
See

just throw the word "ethnocentric" and it'll scare them away

Not really, it means faggot but like the other user said its meaning it's more like coward, example: jump the wall there is no guards near, don't be puto

Here in blackland means faggot too.
Anyways, here´s some PUTO youtube.com/watch?v=CzEbm7yup7g

See

Here in mexico puto has many meanings, it could be used as a synonim of traitor, coward, pussy.

When we want to use a homosexual slur we use JOTO or MARICA most of the time.

The more these fucking SJW faggots try to stop them, the more Mexicans will yell it.

We are a race that dont like to be told what to do by foreigners, thats why we kicked the Moors and French, we have fighter blood.

Here "puto" is also used as "fucking":

"This fucking guy wont stop talking"

"Este puto tío no para de hablar"

Is puto a meme word?

Isn't that the point though? The same way I can't go around calling people faggots irl and say "nah it's cool, it's from Sup Forums, it's like gentle ribbing"

I'm not offended by the meaning I'm offended because it's teen-level banter. Would be embarrassed if US fans did it, just like I'm embarrassed by lame shit like "fight and win" and "I believe"

>We are a race that dont like to be told what to do by foreigners, thats why we kicked the Moors and French, we have fighter blood.

As a proud mexiboo this makes me cry. #razamexicana #puto #worldcupquarterfinals

It means male whore in other countries of latam not in mex

I think it's pretty cool that the Mexicans don't care. fight against the system or whatever

but are they the only ones who do it? the puto thing

of my fucking baby god, in that context puto means pussy not faggot

>drick a beer

It's a good and decent word transformed into a meme by panchitos.

>We are a race that dont like to be told what to do by foreigners, thats why we kicked the Moors and French, we have fighter blood.

Except for the
W A L L
A
L
L

you're gonna
B U I L D
B
U
I
L
D

Exactly, in my city, we use "puto" and "polla" for almost everything.

"El puto cabrón es la polla"
"This fucker is great"

>We are a race that dont like to be told what to do by foreigners.
>Calling the US foreigners in their own country

Build

no Steve, we are gonna pay for it, youre gonna build it.

that's because being a dick is reserved for certain contexts, that doesn't mean that doing so is necessarily a homophobic slur. they're trying to insult them, yeah. it's just a more general kind of insult. unless you're implying that they shouldn't be allowed to insult them at all in sports, in which case you can take your faggot ass off this board cause you don't belong here.

What did he mean by this?

Would be a great laugh for all.

>The more these fucking SJW faggots try to stop them, the more Mexicans will yell it.
You're doing god's work lads