>China claims Taiwan
>they get special snowflake status and can't be offended

Explain this

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38191711
bbc.com/news/world-europe-34277960
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

china hasn't annexed taiwan you mong

Because the West and its media has been infiltrated by traitorous globalists that are pro-China.

>media act like there will be war if Trump says Taiwan isn't part of China

They sure as fuck think they have. This is like not offending a mentally retarded kid because he doesn't know he's retarded.

Western retaliation is probably the only reason China hasn't taken Taiwan by force as of yet.

That is a massive oversimplification of a complicated situation, Juan.

Russia illegally invaded and annexed the territory of another sovereign.
ROC simply never got kicked off their little island.

Sidenote: The Trump phone call is a big fucking deal. You might not think it is, but China does. And it's a complete, total 180 from our previous policy starting in 1979.
I'm all in favor of standing up to China over Taiwan. But you don't do this on a whim, lightly, or without having everybody informed and briefed. Certainly not before you take office, holy shit. I honestly don't think Trump realized what he did. I'm hoping the walkback goes smoothly.

This, every globalist financial merchant type does everything to protect China because of shekels.

If Russia did something to China that affected shekels WWIII would have started already.

Your ancestors should have fought harder

Taiwan has been economically, politically, socially, virtually every kind of independent you could be for well over 60 years. It has been ruled by a government completely separate from that of the PROC, and the PROC has never had any real influence on it. By all definitions Taiwan is a sovereign and independent country. Recognizing that rather than living in a delusional pleasing world is step 1 to effective diplomacy. Ignoring the issue entirely gets no one anywhere. Either you make the statement and get something done or you do nothing and nothing changes.

The Chink Internet Defence Force won't care amigo.

This

When did Trump say that?

Once again, either a Sup Forums or bait thread.

>By all definitions Taiwan is a sovereign and independent country.

Except the one that matters.

The legal status of Taiwan is irrelevant here.
Pretty much the entire planet, including the US, has >[{*national policy*}]< not to recognize Taiwan. That is to say, everyone does it of their own initiative. I'm not saying it's just. I'm not saying it's right. I'm saying it's the reality.

Now maybe the US shouldn't have this policy. That's a fair argument. And I'm sympathetic, because I think the wrong side won the Chinese civil war. But believing the US should shift policy is different than immediately breaking the policy, without consultation, without informing everyone, without discussing possible ramifications, without repealing American legislative barriers to this sort of dialogue, etc etc etc. He's not even President yet. It's a massive gaffe. There's no way he realized what he did.
And it gives China the perfect opportunity to escalate. What did we gain in return for giving the The Perfect Excuse? A phone call. Nothing at all.

There's more clever ways to do this. This was hamfisted and stupid.

>de jure definitions
>mattering

All that matters is whether it's practically a country.

Grade A fucking post Mexico.

>he doesn't think everything Trump does has a reason

Someone hasn't been paying attention

Jinping is Trump's Gorbachev. He wants to tear down their wall.

Seems like the only country he really doesn't like and wants to antagonize. I wonder if they dented his business.

Tell that to the US government.

Donald Trump is the US government.

LMAO BTFO BY MEXICO
HOW WILL THIS FAGGOT EVER
RECOVER?

>Mex*co

Why the fuck is every thread about China today

Did something major happen and I just haven't heard about it? I haven't been paying attention to the news

Take your meds

Yes

bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38191711

>I wonder if they dented his business.
Doubt it, he was praising the Chinese for buying his luxury condos during the election campaign. However due to the more recent Chinese foreign exchange controls it probably did or will hurt his business.

I didn't expect I'd be saying that this soon, but

Praise Trump

He accidentally did something right for once.

China already trying to defuse the situation

How the fuck did Obama get played by these limp dicked slants?

>right

How?

Taiwan called Trump you stupid spic. Therefore they started it. Taiwan's cuck presidents always try this, and Trump was dumb enough to answer.

Even = Sichuanese
Odds = Dumplings
Dubs = Pizza

The communists and nationalists fought in a civil war and the nationalists were defeated, however they were able to hold on to power in Taiwan. The nationalists refused to cede victory and so claimed that they were a different government from the rest of China-- not even a sovereign state. As time went on this position became more and more untenable and silly. However, after decades Taiwan's refusal to surrender the civil war has transformed into a kind of ethnic separatism. However, the majority of Taiwanese are descended from the nationalist Chinese, and it's obvious that had the nationlists actually submitted after the civil war was lost there would be no conflict within Taiwan over it being a separate country-- infact, the Taiwanese ethnic identity is not a special case from the rest of China, many Taiwanese immigrated from the mainland during the war, and is a contemporary invention mostly created by American intervention.

>Taiwan called Trump you stupid spic. Therefore they started it. Taiwan's cuck presidents always try this, and Trump was dumb enough to answer.

True but Trump is actually correct in his follow up: America gives billions of dollars of arms deals to Taiwan and they use it as a base to deploy their warships around China's territory. The US's false neutrality has always been glaring hypocrisy.

>>right
>How?

The reasoning is that Taiwan is a Democracy in Asia and we must morally defend it against Chinese Oppression. It's an excuse for US Imperialism but that's why people support Taiwan.

>obama runs torture camp on an occupied land
>gets nobel peace prize

Taiwan is not socially or economically or even politically independent from China.

No one actually cares about these people. Different countries are ruled by certain people that have stakes in other countries, so propaganda is used on the populace to justify wars and intervention in certain areas of conflict.

No one deep down cares. Only care about your family.

Btw I just want to make something clear because people pretend that the RoC has always been a democracy: It has not.

>gets nobel peace prize

That was purely because he was a nig and everyone in Europe hated Bush.

>The Norwegian Nobel Committee announced the award on October 9, 2009, citing Obama's promotion of nuclear nonproliferation[2] and a "new climate" in international relations fostered by Obama, especially in reaching out to the Muslim world.

Then:
>bbc.com/news/world-europe-34277960
>Nobel secretary regrets Obama peace prize

wtf I hate mexicans now

If he informed everyone, they wouldn't let him do it.

>How?
By not cowering before the chinks unconditionally.

Polite reminder that closing Guantanamo was among first thing he did in the office and only Congress was keeping it in place.

And it could be argued that keeping terrorists in cages is actually good for world peace.

If only we had some kind of legal framework for imprisoning people.

Or... recognizing that the nationalists lost the war but you still want to have a naval base on China's coast.

Probably because it would be a blunder that doesn't benefit American interests.

>because I think the wrong side won the Chinese civil war.
Are you a fascist? Sorry gotta ask on Sup Forums these days.

it all comes down to, if you dont want you country being cucked by another country

you take up arms and fight

the reason why the west is so worried about Taiwan is there are A LOT of western corporations in Taiwan that would get cucked along with Taiwan should China invade them.

Taiwan is something that would make China go ballistic (literally). Idiots pick up a history book, the Korean War was the only big proxy fight China ever directly engaged in and that almost turned into a nuclear conflict.

Because Russians are white and Chinkies are yellows and it is racist to criticize them.

They haven't invaded Taiwan yet.

I for one am glad Trump took the call. The west shouldn't deal with dictatorships.

Why do we deal with Germany where Merkel run its country for 15 years or so like a dictator ?

the west is the biggest hypocrite dictator enabler in the world though.

Western media is about as trustworthy as a crackhead going trough a cold turkey withdrawl on the bench in a shady, badly lit part of the Park.

Taiwan claims the territories of the PRC, too.

The West had no problem dealing with Taiwan when it was a dictatorship.

This is slightly outdated info because Taiwan is trying to reinvent its independence claims as being an ethnic struggle. They'll get away with it to because the US is not interested in any kind of historical reality here.

Communist China was a mistake

You guys should realize if that Nationalists won China would still not be a liberal democracy.

It wouldn't be edgy and confrontational though, it would've been a good US bitch like SK and Japan.

They are undoubtedly a different ethnicity, though. Their culture and language are different enough from that of the mainland that I think it should qualify.

You can't know that. There wouldn't have been a cultural revolution and the country would probably have started developing earlier, leading to the inevitable liberalization of society, just like in Taiwan and South Korea.

the western media and politicians are too pro chinks
cameron is a good example for it. faggot was a hardcore chink fanatic. he even accused dalai and tibet and accepted chinks to do whatever they want both in the uk and in the world. his byproduct chinkley point is another good example.

i hate trump and hes too pro ruskies instead of being pro chinks but expect him to disclose the agendas of them all the way.

its not that the west admires or supports China at all its just that the west knows they've got serious problems of their own and cannot afford time and resources solving problems on the other side of the globe.

>68179765
inevitable liberalization of society, just like in Taiwan and South Korea.

You cannot discount the role of US influence formed in those countries-- They were Cold War allies juxtaposed against China.

There is no inevitable liberalization that occurs along with development. Liberal democracy is not the end stage of history or capitalism.

Take highly developed states like Dubai for an example for a state that become rich without external pressure to liberalize.

Who is she ?

>the western media and politicians are too pro chinks

The western media is incredibly anti-China. They almost never report anything good about that country in any context and they never retract any discredited info.

The most annoying thing American media does right now is report about Chinese efforts to shift their energy over to renewable in a bad light-- it's literally the only time you ever hear reporting on the negative environmental impacts of wind and hydro power.

>The Trump phone call is a big fucking deal.
It's ridiculous to think that a congratulatory phone call by Taiwan will define his policy towards China, he probably didn't even know that mainland China would be offended.

He probably did desu. Trump isn't a totally naive guy, but from the way he talks it's difficult to asses how much he's really informed about an issue. He's been putting his feet into presidential politics to varying degrees for degades.

Right. Trump's a big, fucking dummy.

Dumbass gringos elected a stupid, orange monkey that is ignorant of the world.

fair enough. in a word, russia is poor, china is rich as state. the rich can get the privilege to threaten something they want to and the west has a tendency to overlook it. but at the same time thats just what i meant.

Well, if you assume his deal-making skills are legit, then one can assume he's using Taiwan as a tool for future negotiations with China.

China was not that rich 40 years ago. The reason the US defaulted to this ambiguous state of affairs was because the Taiwanese position was untenable.

>Taiwan
Is claiming to be China, their official name is the same official name as China; "People's Republic of China"

>China
Is pushing the One China policy and claiming all these separate places & semi-separate palces (including what we know as China) to be a single China, because, well, they were at one point and are very similar in culture, language, social structure and government. China hasn't annexed or really gived any kind of military presence to these splittings and disputes. China always puts main focus on the internals. Not on the world or disputes with surrounding countries. It is more complicated and completely different.

We don't import 95% of our shit from Russia. Sometimes it's better to just look the other way and be quiet.

Huh yes it is. Of course it has strong economical ties to its large neighbour China, but that's not the same as being dependent. Politically and socially they really are completely separate though, trust me on this.

Yes, just bend over like always, gwailo.

>Probably because it would be a blunder that doesn't benefit American interests.

How is showing Chinks that you are not gonna play Save face games a blunder?

Clearly, it's in the US interest to suck up to China.

Americans talk a big game, but even they have a master.

The only difference that Crimea is rightful russian clay and Taiwan should be independent

I've read somewhere that basically 300k nationalists shipped over to Taiwan and said were in charge now
Assuming this is the case do the the average Taiwanese actually want to be independent?

Yes, the average Taiwanese wants to be independent, but Taiwan independence today is wanting to be independent *from the ROC* and the nationalists, actually. And just go on with an independent Taiwan that wouldn't be the Republic of China (while still seeing themselves as the true inheritors of the traditional culture of China though). Independence from China is just a given, it's not really a question for anyone. My gf is Taiwanese, so I got to know a bit about this.

>baguette dating a non white
AS
PER
USUAL

What can I say, I'm really attracted to non white girls. Then I get them to love France and basically introduce them to the French nation.

Crimea is Ukrainian. Russians handed it over willingly, just like they handed over Alaska. Being retarded doesn't justify their actions.

Taiwan is a true China, because comunist government is illegal.

Here, I hope that I cleared things up from legal point of view.

I'm going to France in a month. Since you don't want them. Where in France do I need to go to get a gf that looks like Adele exarchopolous?

enjoy your bitchy, overly demanding and with unrealistic expectation """gf"""

You know she's of Greek descent right? Just don't go to the North, it's not worth it. The West or Southeast are where the fine girls are IMO. For the rest, I never actually lived with a French girl for more than a week so I can't tell.

Learn to fucking read your own language

Well yeah, but I thought maybe she's from some Greek enclave in Paris or a peculiar region with lots of former greeks out in the countryside.

TAIWAN NOT REAL!! IS JUST CHINA!

TAIWAN is real, NOT a part of PRC unlike Chinada

Us

China doesnt have any control over Taiwan. That's literally it, no reason to explain further

>op gets BTFO 2 minutes into thread
>it's still up 5 hours later
???

>illegal