Will Simplified Mandarin Chinese be the language of the future in our lifetimes?

Will Simplified Mandarin Chinese be the language of the future in our lifetimes?

It will be an Hispano-Anglo-Mandarin creole.

Romanized, maybe. Chinese characters are too complicated for the non-Asian masses.

Please no, vietnamese does that and it's atrocious to look at.

Nice flag

Are you rare?

>romanized Chinese
who the fuck can read such a nightmare

Simplified Chinese isn't that bad

post something in your language

Chinese is actually an easy language. It's difficult to learn due to sharing no roots with English. But it's got structured lexiconal units with meaningful parts, the simplest grammar ever, and the writing system works with human brains better than you'd expect.

Chuán qián kàn yuè guāng
Yí shì dì shàng shuāng

nobody can't see its meaning immediately without Chinese characters

Since US is officially and willingly stepping down as the sole political and economical world superpower.
Yeah I think, we all be speaking ching chong in a couple of decades

I thought latinos were itching to overtake pax americana on the continent?

The chinese character system is too retarded for that

We're unable at the current state, and as much as we want to, the game is not ours. The rules were made by Americans and they can twist their word and change the board just to be have the advantage.
Is just not fun anymore.
Also Latinos don't give a shit about people other than thenselevs, not even other latinos. Not such thing as Pax Latina.

>the writing system works with human brains better than you'd expect.

No it involves memorising thousands of characters and their associated meanings. If you forget a particular character you are fucked

No wonder you guys get your shit pushed in whenever the Monroe doctrine gets exercised to the slightest degree:

Not even that simple, they should've just learned traditional.

Fuck no, ain't nobody got time to learn all 9 billion of those fucking characters. and 1 word means, like, 10 things depending on the fluctuation of your voice tones.

This.
English is good as a global language because it is just so fucking simple that every idiot can learn it. Also the latin alphabet beats every other writing system because of its flexibility.

No, English is here to stay

Do you even know what Romanized Chinese looks like? It's fucking easy as hell to read with simple spelling rules.

>flexibility
Most writing systems could shove extra dashes and lines on top of or in letters to make new letters, latin alphabet does it because it's dominant enough to warrant it.

never. a language cant be major without culture and soft contents. since Sup Forums fags have a tendency to be edgelord and admire the economic usage of language, though yet nobody here learns it in the way, you might get it wrong, but the truth isnt like that. china has zero soft power, that means the potential is zero.

>think its a rare
>already have it

reeee

Thats a pretty good point. The US and the UK are dominating global culture with their music and film industry, thats why English became a global langlauge. When was the last time you saw a chinese movie or heard a chinese pop song on the radio? I mean other than a freak novelty?

i havent seen any of it for decades except for some three kingdoms blockbuster film.

but instead i enjoy it in japanese media. japan willingly use chinese linguistic/cultural expressions and things in it. like, as you can always see something chinese in anime, games, etc.

japan makes more three kingdoms contents in modern mediums than china. there are even a lot of mediums about uncommon chinese myths/folklore that chinese even know of and arent be translated in the west as well.

and its nothing new. japan has always supplied themselves with chinese cultural things on their own. i dont really need mediums made in mainland and its language unless its really something new and fresh to me.

If it works, it works, and Latin alphabet works.

What are you, a fucking girl? You need your language to look pretty, with cute sun dresses and bows?

Fuckin poof.

Soft power follows 20 years after economic and political power. Right now is koreas turn, china will start around 2030 with blockbusters or some shit. They're already building the biggest movie studio or something right now idk
Plus china is still a developing country, literally no developing country has any soft power.