Vietnamese (Kinh) here. AMA

Vietnamese (Kinh) here. AMA.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pfrmgkb7kPs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sa_Pa
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

hows life?

Not bad, but certainly not good. Like an average South East Asian.

Is Vietnam crowded

How do you feel about France

Is communism still a thing there

INDONESIA WILL WIN FROM VIETCONG IN AFF

HURA HURA HURA

>Is Vietnam crowded
Yes, very much so. I live near a small town, you wouldn't believe how dirty it is.
>How do you feel about France
We're cool with them now.

youtube.com/watch?v=pfrmgkb7kPs

Not so fast, m8.

are you a north vietnamese or a south vietnamese
why do north vietnamese drive so bad

That is the anthem of communist South Vietnam government, the Republic of Vietnam's anthem is Tiếng gọi công dân.

I'm Southern Vietnamese.
>why do north vietnamese drive so bad
Same in the South.

Do northern viets have lighter skin or is there no difference?

It's more based than the anthem

Are you allowed to profess religion in Vietnam

Does the government still hold onto communism

No difference in general, but you might be more dark skins in the South because a lot of Kinhs mixed with the other natives.

Southern Kinhs are just Northerners that went south.

>Are you allowed to profess religion in Vietnam
Christians and Buddhists are everywhere. I'm non-religious myself.

Went there last year. Fucking LOVED this place called Sa Pa. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sa_Pa

My question is, why do Viets honk so much on the road?

did you know vietnam was ranked rather high in average math ability ?
what's the most difficult thing you studied in math class?
how was school like ?

>My question is, why do Viets honk so much on the road?
There're a lot of people on the road, we don't want to bang them.
>how was school like ?
Too many tests, we got like average two tests a week.

bump.

>certainly not good

sorry to hear that :^/

Well, you can't say that life is good while living in a third world country. Unless you're rich, of course.

How many people with the last name of Nguyen do you know?

Too many to count, and that's include my mother.

When and how did you know this site ?

About 1 and half year ago, by memes of course.

Your favorite boards ?

If Northern and Southern viets are different races and have different cultures and want different governments and also hate each other, why does the north insist on keeping them around?

South and Northern Viets are both Kinh, we annexed Champa during Nguyen Dynasty.
Not all Southerner wants another government, mostly because American propaganda who said that the North were being controlled by China and that same trick is still being used by anti-government groups nowadays.

Sup Forums, /ck/, Sup Forums, /his/, some others.
>If Northern and Southern viets are different races and have different cultures and want different governments and also hate each other, why does the north insist on keeping them around?
Kek, Northern Viet and Southern Viet are the same, we speak the same language, our culture is...Chinese, and we don't hate each other. In fact, the land that i'm living in (the south) was taken from Chams and Khmers by Northerners.

>Not all Southerner wants another government, mostly because American propaganda who said that the North were being controlled by China
Maybe not but they sure had their mouth on Russia's nuts (and still does; Vietnam retains very warm relations with Moscow to this day and they're historically their main supplier of military hardware).

Most of the populace distrusts China, however the VCP are reluctant to criticize Beijing for economic and, to an extent, ideological reasons as they've essentially copied the Chinese "state capitalism" model since the 80s and they're reluctant to do something that would encourage anti-government groups.

Well after 1991 we know that sucking 1 dicks is not enough so we have to take it up a notch and suck all 4 (Japs, Russia, China, US)
The reason why we mainly bought military weapons from Russia because:
-Powerful enough to go against China
-US just lift the ban to buy more lethal weaponry when Obama visited us.
-Trustworthy and affordable because we are not Western allies so the prices of weapons are higher and like hell we would buy something from China.

>We're cool with them now.

feels good man

You should know about the Mường, which is "Kinh" that decided to stay in the highland and got less Chink'd.

>US just lift the ban to buy more lethal weaponry when Obama visited us

A lot of old people were butthurt about this, but I don't think anyone in their 20s gaf about lifting the arms embargo.

What are the keys to a Good Life?

What's up with Vietnamese diaspora in Poland? They seem to be the only foreigners willingly settling up in here rather than in Western European countries, and not only they do that, but they also stay here, integrate perfectly, learn the language, work hard, Vietnamese girls are top qts and Vietnamese guys are top bros.

Why are you people so awesome?

I don't know, since the living standard here isn't particularly good.

Oh well then
What's the most exotic person you've met?
Oh, and most wealthiest
Is Laos a meme country?

Daily reminder based viets defended against the Chinese and Mongols armies during the 11th century

>What's the most exotic person you've met?
Foreigners, maybe? About 98% Vietnamese population was born here.
>Is Laos a meme country?
No, for now at least.
Thanks.

Thanks for answering my questions
Best of luck in your life

What is your view on gommunism?

Nothing, i don't care about it, neither do most people.

What are the most popular movie franchises there?
I heard Star Wars isn't very popular

How do you feel about people from the North?

Does an average person in Vietnam speak English? If yes, how fluently?

How are the life in Vietnam?

There's crime and violence in Vietnam?

Fellow countrymen.

Most only know some simple phrases. But you can find a kid that speak English somewhat decently.

I live in a small city up north, VN people around here generally say the folks down south are less conservative and like to party more. For example, sex before marriage is quite scandalous here. Is it the same where you live?

sup red somalia

By "party" you mean nhậu then yes. And in general people are more openly.

How do you feel about America

Can I enter with criminal record?

Seen as a paradise by most people.

So it's just like here
Thanks

good to hear I guess

Nobody's cared about that shit since the Berlin Wall was still standing.

What do people think about Indians?

Vietnam is gommunist in name only

What's it like being Korean in Vietnam :^)

China did arm North Vietnam during the war, however as things would have it, this was entirely in self-interest so as to not have a unified, US ally Vietnam on their border.

WE WIN

WE WIN

WE WIN

Viets in here look like nigger and they act like a group of monkeys in public

i heard there is a serious corruption problem in vietnam, my vietnamese friend who lives in taiwan said even a local peple like her had to bribe the police to get back her home at Hanoi. what is your opinion?

Here's a language question. Maybe it's just the people I meet, but I notice a lot of people use "mình" like "we" (first person plural). But I've also been told that mình just means "I" (first person singular).

Can you explain it to me? Is it just an informal thing, or is everyone literally saying "I" in those situation and I'm misunderstanding everything.