What is the opinion of this guy? He is treated like a basketball deity in Croatia...

What is the opinion of this guy? He is treated like a basketball deity in Croatia, and whenever he comes up somebody says things like Jordan said this about him or Curry did this etc. I am wondering if this is just some delusion on our part, or was he really that great? Also, who would you compare him to today?

Literally who

Literally who

drazen petrovic you milennial shit.

I don't like this meme

also OP, he would of been one of the best guards of that era had he played a few more seasons

whos better

leandrinho barbosa or petrovic?

Who?

I watched that 30 for 30. Way too sad.

Would have gone down as one of the best pure shooters/scorers in nba history... Fucking sucks he had to die ;_;

However, he did seem like a douche about the whole Croatia/Serb ordeal though

Probaly the most talented basketball player Europe has produced so far.

Leandrinho was a bench player all his career. Fuck off.

Not Gasol?

Yeah a lot of people were "douches" about that in those years, it was a pretty big deal for our little nations. I am pretty sure he and Divac would become friends again in the post-war years. But who knows, maybe he was an asshole.

>he did seem like a douche about the whole Croatia/Serb ordeal
You're a literal retard, Ramirez. A living meme proof Burgers only know about history from what they see on ESPN and NBC and shit.

people say nice things when you're ded.

Woah you know more about your country's shitty scum history than me?

I must be retarded.

Reggie Miller never stops talking about how Drazen Petrovic was the greatest shooter he ever saw.

He was the guy who proved that European guards could play in the NBA, before that there were just meme centers

>yfw the GOAT got to see him playing

>probably

Easily the most talented Euro player ever tßh

Overrated shit

Damn fine ball player, and would have been a multiple time all star. Back in the 90's when you actually had to be good.

He would have been Peja Stojakovic-tier. Definitely a real tragedy to the basketball world though. A lot of people forget Peja Stojakovic once finished 3rd in MVP voting

Would have been goat if he came earlier and didn't die

Sabonis is the true foreign goat that shpuld have been

>destined to be the GOAT
>dies

typicall croatian choker

Arvidas Sabonis scoffs at you. He kicked Petrovic's ass so hard it wasn't even funny.

>White basketball players

Lol no

Dirk is objectively so far ahead in this category it's not even funny.

Nowitzki, Sabonis and Petrovic form the Holy Triumvirate of GOAT Euro players, then a decent separation and then Gasol comes in I'd say.

Peja Stojakovic wasn't even the best Serb player the league got to experience, Drazen was definitely better. Love Peja though, I really want one of his Sac jerseys but I can't find one anywhere. Him, Vlade, Bibby and C-Webb being robbed of that ring is one of the biggest tragedies in NBA history, no one gives Peja (or any of those guys really) as much credit as he deserves pretty much just cos of that

yeah, that's why I ask, to see if it's just people being nice because he's dead or is it deserved

Personally I don't think he's the best Euro player ever but he's pretty near.

>no Belov

And Divac and Parker?

Divac and Parker are a hair below Pau but in that same tier. Stojakovic goes there too, as does Toni Kukoc. Kukoc would probably be equal to Pau, in my opinion the GOAT Yugoslavian player outside of Petrovic, who didn't really get to play out his career. His NBA stats don't compare to someone like Stojakovic, but he wasn't utilised to put up huge numbers. In Europe, there was no question of who was better between Kukoc and Peja. Any other significant Euro players?

Marciolnis (probably spelled that wrong)

The dude was really good and gets overlooked a lot

That title goes to dirk

Radja, Cosic > Memetrovic

I am old enough to remember watching him play, and I live in New Jersey so the Nets were my team. He was a special talent, with so much pure ability and finesse that was a great counterpoint to the physicality of say the Bad Boy Pistons. It is a shame he died so young, as he would have absolutely been an all time great in the NBA, not even including his European career. He was just becoming accustomed to the US and the NBA's style of play that his potential wasn't even close to being reached.