What the fuck, Estonia?

What the fuck, Estonia?

Most 'electric' cars are only half electric; hybrids.

So its possible for driving hybrids to not positively impact the environment.

€3000 for an alright car or €30.000 for an electric one
hmmmmmm

90% of electricity is produced from coal which is kind of shit, but it's what we've got... sorry. good part is we still jew other countries by selling them CO2 release quotas because our own footprint is basically negligible

nuclear is the shit

RARE EARTH MINERALS

Inb4 russians did it

we don't have african colonies to dump the waste to tho, so that's kind of out the window for us

>not riding horses
first worlders everyone

>coal
*shale oil

are there any plans to change to a greener fuel type?

Just ship it across lake peipsi m8

gaystonia

well... we can't into hydro because it will be an environmental catastrophe, we can't into solar because the sun doesn't fucking shine, ever, we could into wind, but that is strongly opposed by the landowners. so in short: it's a long and painful process for us

We don't export them in africa mate.

where do you dump them then?

yeah, i'd like that lol

at least you still have Nokia plants

why not put wind turbines near the coast or rural areas? like hiiumaa/saaremaa? maybe that's not enough to power the whole country, but still

Yeah you just detonate them

oh shit, you're so short, dark and oily i thought you were a lubricated raisin. here's your (you), now fuck off pepe

nope

there already are some and there's a strong support for renewable energy by policy, but as i said, a larger scale operation will require a lot of agreeing by landowners and estonians are so fucking stubborn they'd rather die than let someone put up a windtower on their land

>vee peale on plaanis tuulepargid ehitada Peipsi järvele ja Läänemerele Hiiumaa lähedale
from wiki, this seems to bode well at least
landowners can't exactly say this then

Windtowers are fucking annoying, though. No landowner would want to put up with that slow and constant vibration and shit

believe me they will find some bullshit reason to oppose anyway. from the top of my head: the biological diversity will suffer oeh noeh!! save the birds and the fishes.
but yeah, it's the plan to get to at least 50% renewable energy by 2020 (it's also the case in EU iirc, but i'll be damned if it's gonna pass)

yeah i know, i have mates on saaremaa and they fucking despise the towers that are already up. the ones who get free energy... well, they don't complain so much :D

also: since we have a large issue with the last-mile of power grid, even the most jewish corporation, the estonian energy, is putting up solar panels like waffles these days, so one might say we actually could pull it off by 2020.
but i'm a pessimist so i have little faith in the plan

by 2020? nice (and ambitious)
good luck, hopefully it werks out

we're a small country, we have the potential to pull incredible shit, incredibly fast. wouldn't even consider something like this being a considerable possibility in a mammoth country like u.s

> The EU's Renewable energy directive sets a binding target of 20% final energy consumption from renewable sources by 2020. To achieve this, EU countries have committed to reaching their own national renewables targets ranging from 10% in Malta to 49% in Sweden. They are also each required to have at least 10% of their transport fuels come from renewable sources by 2020.

Getting to 50% percent in just three years would be impossible. Granted we are at about 25% at the moment, but that includes heating. Also there is a limit to how much wind turbines we can add without having any storage.

well we are moving toward using wood as an alternative fuel source since there's a shitload of that
for example my local central heating is 100% wood from processing residue and the so called 'energy forest' (energiavõsa)

but i agree about it being overly ambitious. not because it couldn't be done on a tech level, but because it will require strong political pressure and a shitload of negotiations on the municipal level aka. making sense to the people who are unwilling to accept radical change at a cost which will pay off sometime in the future. it's really hard to explain why you should cough up say 1000 to get a long term benefit when you could go on paying 10 in the short term

>dump the waste
I hate greenpeace for this meme even existing