Be Irish

>be Irish
>go to America on holiday
>every American tells me their connection to their long lost Irish heritage
Why do Americans do this?

I still dont understand who would be proud to have mick blood in their veins.

My ancestors used to be the rulers of Munster and I'm a direct descendant of Charlemagne

only post itt if you're irish

They do it as a talking point and a mean of relating. I don't see anything particular wrong with it, especially when they come here and spend money or lobby for Irish interests.

One of my family lines had nobles from Roscommon, which I thought was neato
But I don't consider myself Irish American

Usually they're inept or find the culture interesting and attempt to associate themselves with it.
There are people here who pretend to be Scandi and Finnish too

Lack of real culture or identity. Notice how this is mainly white Americans.

> Why do Americans do this?
irish americans are super into their heritage. more so than other white people that live here. it gets to the point where it's a huge a part of their identity.

Yes Irish Americans do have a tendency to have white skin alright.

>Go to Boston and New York
This is expected. Shit tons of Irish immigrants ended up in the Northeast region of the country.
>Anywhere else
Posing to impress foreigners

Being oppressed suddenly became cool. It's why Scots suddenly flipped from WE ANGLO 2 to WE CELT NOW.

sorry only irish alowed itt you gotta leave

>nobles
>from roscommon

t. McNigglesworth

I thought it flipped because Anglos are insufferable cunts who insist on calling celts barbaric primitives

That wouldn't make much sense then you absolute tit.

>barbaric primitives
But that's correct?

>start off as "WE WUZ IRISH", flip to "WE ANGLO", flip to "WE WUZ CELTS"
cool

I have to disagree, brosef. Other than St. Patrick's day, there is no longer a serious Irish identity in America. The Irish have been here for so long, they've been naturally mixed in with the rest of white America.

It takes immigrants several generations to be assimilated, but once you get to a generation that knows figuratively 0 people from the "old country", there's no point in pretending there's a sustained connection there.

Sure there's always superficial "Brian Boru was my ancestor" nonsense, but other thank for yuks and drinking holidays, Irish Americans don't consider themselves a separate and unique subset of white America on a serious level.

It's not the 19th century anymore, it's the current year.

lack of culture

Wait till they figure out your endgame.

*but other than for yuks and drinking holidays

just a coincidence, we're just thicko farmers who love a drink :)

Pic related

You don't as is slimey

What's the difference between Scottish and Gallowglass?

No clue sorry

>English hating Americans
Is there anything more cringy? Portuguese hating Brazilians maybe?

>De Courcey
>At the time of Henry VIII

I don't hate the English Nip, its banter

Japanese hating weeaboos.

>its banter
>yank banter

They're still around today, don't understand the problem

>>yank banter
>Bong banter

>be told both sides of my family came from the kilkenny area during the bad potato days
>see both family names there
makes sense 2bh

Irish-American boston nigger here

listen you fucking homeland monkey, literally EVERYONE IN MY FUCKING FAMILY HAS IRISH HERITAGE, NOT ONE DROP OF GERMANIC ANGLO BULLSHIT YOU HEAR ME

THEY CAME FROM CORK DURING THE FAMINE, HAVE SOME RESPECTTTT

WE

Eugh, disgusting

The De Courcey's lost all their land in Ireland in the 1300s.

Region could've been inhabited entirely by De Courcey's, which might be what that is meant

It wasn't.

Muh heritage is the dumbest thing ever, why the fuck should i feel proud of a country my ancestors decided to fuck off from?

2bh ancestry is only relevant when the culture of your ancestry had been organically transported and thrived in your region

otherwise you're just artificially recreating some sort of cultured persona due to a lack of character

the only regions of north america with tangible european culture still existing is some parts of coastal US, very sparse parts of the midwest, and most of Canada east of Ontario

It's more complicated than that though, and a lot of it comes down to how you were raised. Like my grandmother shames me for not being fluent in french.