Give me one good reason (not memes) why the womens US soccer team, and women in sports in general...

Give me one good reason (not memes) why the womens US soccer team, and women in sports in general, are paid so much less compared to the men?

Other urls found in this thread:

hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=4537
pbs.org/newshour/rundown/data-how-does-the-u-s-womens-soccer-team-pay-compare-to-the-men/
washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/kidspost/why-should-us-womens-soccer-team-be-paid-less-than-the-mens-team/2016/04/06/139fc608-f781-11e5-8b23-538270a1ca31_story.html
pedestrian.tv/news/sport/the-matildas-got-beat-7-0-by-some-under-16s-but-it/e80d1ee9-9e16-46c8-9cb9-797c456eaca9.htm
huffingtonpost.com.au/2016/05/25/matildas-beaten-7-0-by-newcastle-jets-under-15-boys-team/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Women are sluts and stupid.

Cause they suck peepees and I just cant respect you after that

>Why has their not been a suit to get the best women into the NBA
Because the best woman would still be worse than the worst rookie.

Hope Solos vagina single handedly keeps their wages low

They're less good and have easier opponents.

Consider how much more money the mens' leagues generate compared to the womens'.
Therein lies the answer.

It's funny rhat this is even an issue, and I know women are bad with things like using their brain, but the real facts are that the average USWNT player makes more than the average USMNT player despite the USWNT bringing much less money to the federation. So again, it is just something to wonder about why it is an issue at all.

>why the womens US soccer team, and women in sports in general, are paid so much less compared to the men?

because they bring in less money, both with spectators money and trophy money

because they're literally worse than men. Wasn't the USWNT beaten by the U17 USMNT, by a large margin even?

Put the best men football team against the best women team; the score should be the wage proportion.

/thread

>I don't understand basic economics

gee I don't know, why does a musician who has shit loads of listeners make more money than one who very few listen to?

I fell for bait didn't I? time to go to bed

Because no one cares about women's sports, since even the best are amateur level.

But muh cherry picked income in a year when the women played a world cup and the men had only 12 friendlies

you have to generate revenue

the WNBA is being run at a loss even with their extremely low salaries because they don't generate revenue. Fans barely show up to games even with extremely low ticket prices, networks are not going to pay more than a meager fee to broadcast their games, and nobody really wants to buy WNBA merchandise.

the NBA is making money than they know what to do with yet they give their players a much smaller slice of the exponentially larger revenue pie relative to the WNBA.

a) Nobody cares about women's football => nobody watches women football => no revenue from TV broadcasts

b) The players themselves don't care that much either. Women (top league) professional players usually have a job aside from playing football, their lives are not completely dedicated to the sport.

The US women are the best women's team in the world and they lost to the US boys u17 team 8-2 just a couple weeks before the WWC started.

wow talk about 1st world privilege, how many womens soccer ballers cant even be full time athletes because of the lack of funding in their countries.

>and nobody really wants to buy WNBA merchandise
Not even Tumblr? Damn.

They're asking for women to compete in men leagues ? Kek. Let's get a woman in the NBA, seriously, I want to see what happens.

Better yet, let's get a woman in the NHL.

goaltending is so easy that even Finns could do it, I bet you could shove a woman in the net and not give up more than 5 or 6 goals.

I know you're trolling but what was the name of the female NHL goalie who played in the 90s ?

Manon Rheaume

played some NHL exhibition games and a handful of real games in the ECHL

>this thread again
>people attempting to give legitimate responses

Less viewership means less sponsorship/less advertisements means less money for the clubs/organization means less pay for the players.

How dumb are you mother fuckers?

Oh yeah that's her. That was pretty badass although I can't remember if she was any good.

I'm sure she was extremely good for a woman and she was probably almost passable for a minor leaguer

They aren't as valuable as male players.

hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=4537

looks like she had two halfway decent seasons in the ECHL

the best wnba player is probably on par with scrub ncaa freshman

>bitter virgins: the thread

kek, get a load of this white knight

Virtually non-existent viewership.

I don't know. Why can women get paid to have sex, but I can't even do it for free? Goddamn inequality, that's why!

because they aren't equal to the mens' teams
it's as simple as that

nobody watches women's sports, so they don't get paid as much, because there's nothing to pay them

>not memes
You are going to get meme answers because you are conflating pro-teams and national teams with that image.

Salary in professional leagues depends on revenue due to its popularity and to a lesser extent players unions.

Salary for national teams, specifically national soccer teams, is also due to popularity. But it also depends on what you qualify for and what you win.

pbs.org/newshour/rundown/data-how-does-the-u-s-womens-soccer-team-pay-compare-to-the-men/
>According to a budget report from the U.S. Soccer Federation, the women’s team is projected to bring in more than $17 million in revenues, including a $5 million surplus for fiscal year 2017, nearly doubling their male counterparts, who are expected to run a deficit.

>washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/kidspost/why-should-us-womens-soccer-team-be-paid-less-than-the-mens-team/2016/04/06/139fc608-f781-11e5-8b23-538270a1ca31_story.html
>But the U.S. women’s soccer team is very popular. The women’s 2015 World Cup finals match against Japan was the most-watched soccer match — men’s or women’s — ever shown on a U.S. television network. It attracted 25.4 million viewers. That was more than the NBA finals or the U.S. men’s soccer match against Portugal (18.2 million).

>The U.S. women’s team has won a lot more matches than the men’s team. Since 1991, the women’s team has won three World Cups and four Olympic gold medals. The men’s team has advanced as far as the World Cup quarterfinals only once in the past 50 years.

According to one of those articles men and women soccer players get paid the same for the Olympics. At some point in the not too distant future they will get paid the same.

Pro team is a different story, people don't watch womens sports unless it is a national team.

Our national women's soccer team which is ranked 5th in the world got beaten by a local under 16s team

pedestrian.tv/news/sport/the-matildas-got-beat-7-0-by-some-under-16s-but-it/e80d1ee9-9e16-46c8-9cb9-797c456eaca9.htm

If they want equality with men they should compete on the same level.

In no other industry is it the case that women obtain equality without being at the same performance level of men.

would the women's team beat the men's team?

Ill pay to have sex with you bby ;)

>would the women's team beat the men's team?
Of course not. What does that have to do with anything? The woman's national team is more successful than the men's team. The women have more wins and larger audiences.

I thought your national teams got paid the same Staya.

If men and women are exact equals then shouldn't they compete on he same level?

Would you apply that logic to other jobs, that women should be firefighters without meeting the same physical performance standard?

>that women should be firefighters without meeting the same physical performance standard?
100% agree.

But that has nothing to do with a woman's national team, right? They don't play against men. And just to be clear, we aren't talking about professional teams. We are talking about national teams that represent the country. And in the case of the USA, the woman's team is making more money than the men's team.

because women's soccer is pure shit

Because women's sports are usually full time mailmen

simply put they dont deserve it at all, theres nothing more to it

They don't generate as much.
Athletes get paid based off how much revenue they generate, no one gives a shit about womyn soccer so no one will pay them big to play it.

women's sports shouldn't even exist past the collegiate level. it's just a big waste of everybody's time and money who is involved in it. it's such a low quality form of entertainment.

>USA
>world leaders in equality, justice and freedom

bullshit, they rae competing gainst women which is fine. The only differnce is that they don't draw the same amount of public attention as male sports.
If they have hundreds of millions people watching games on tv and having sponsors throwing money at them to secure the rights for marketing, then they can have the same payment but they just don't.

abolish the womens babby tournament, let all enter the normal tournament (aka mens tournament), salary will be based on results on a prorata basis

/thread

cant be more equal than that

now fuck off

Because everyone here can name just about every team in every big sports league for men but only a handful for women.

Off the top of my head these are the MLS teams I'm aware of

Sounders, Timbers, Earthquake, Galaxy, Whitecaps, Real Salt Lake, Dynamo, Fire, FC Orlando, FC Detroit (are they even MLS?), DC United, NYC FC, NY Red Bulls, NE Revolution, Rapids, Toronto FC, Crew, Chivas...

I couldn't even guess at any Women's Soccer teams beyond city names and adding FC to them.

Kek

so what ever happened to the lawsuit? did it go away and nobody bothered to say anything?

I think they should let the women who want to play with men do it. Feminists would get BTFO and they could never use this excuse again.

I mean, clearly the average team shouldn't be paid more, but the USWNT? Fuck yea. The men are a fucking joke, lucky to beat some shithole Caribbean nation. "Winning" to the USMNT is tying some Yuro nation in a friendly. Fuck that, the USWNT are closers. They got stars on the chest, pay them bitches more dammit.

lol it appears they already are. Good. Cuz again, fuck the men's team, they haven't done shit and they aren't gonna do shit

huffingtonpost.com.au/2016/05/25/matildas-beaten-7-0-by-newcastle-jets-under-15-boys-team/

This is the 5th ranked team in the World btw.

When are we going to address the pay gap between the u-15 boys and the women?

if the women faced the same level of competition as the men they would probably be mexicanNT tier instead of a powerhouse. it does help that most of the top US womens talent goes to soccer and not other sports though.

Why would anyone willfully chose to watch a lesser form of entertainment. Why would i pay to watch a team that i would have a decent chance of beating if i got a bunch of my mates together. The women dont get paid as much as the men for the same reason the 17 year old kids, who beat them, dont get paid as much as the women. Theyre shit.

>I couldn't even guess at any Women's Soccer teams beyond city names and adding FC to them.
Or adding 'Women' to the end of popular men's teams.

They would be solomon islands, tahiti etc tier

marketability and profitability. Pro sports are a business, not a charity. The most equal option is to not have a separate women's league and force the women to qualify against men.

This is the reason why i should secede from the US.

they literally lost 1 second into the match

the lawsuit thrown out, but "coincidentally" you didnt hear any news about it

Revenue streams

Fuck off with your bait thread.

Would you pay WNBA players the same as NBA? More women in the world watch men's soccer. The women who watch women's soccer in the US are teenage girls and SJW lesbians.

They don't watch sports, just complain about them

There is no competition in women's soccer. Those stars are meaningless. Why do you think the Brazilian women's team wears it's men's stars but the us men's national team refuses to wear it's women's stars? Because it is a meaningless tournament, not prestigious in the least

It was a different lawsuit
This one was about the validity of the CBA
The court it was , so the players couldn't strike until after the Olympics, which means the women would lose their biggest leverage

And by this one I meant the one the court decided on

not murrican but; basic economics, people pay to watch football, more people are interested in male football; that's it, (male football is more intense, but not always)

this, how can this be so hard to understand

Nope. Cherry-picked statistics and overall lack of understanding here.

First fact doesn't take into account the MNT's participation in the Copa America Centenario, plus it assumes a USWNT Gold at the Olympics and a Victory Tour afterwards.

Second fact forgets who makes money off of World Cups. A WWC Final was well-watched. Nice. But the WWC was as a whole not watched and not attended well. And FIFA is the organization that makes money off of the tournament, not the individual Federations. The Federations only get small amounts of money for participating. Same goes for both the WWC and the WC. Federation winnings correspond with money made, which is mainly from sponsorship. The Brazil WC made 1 or 2 billion. The WWC in Canada made 50 million.

The WNT wins lots of games, but they don't attract many people to them. WNT matches attract about half of the attendance that MNT matches do.

There's more, but how about you try to understand this stuff first.

You tell me fedora wearing redditor

The WNT would get destroyed by semi-pro men's teams. Pia Sundhage played a boys team after she took over Sweden. She asked if they could play a man down because they were getting destroyed.

1: The level of competition isn't as good. As much as people complain about the lack of parity in men's sports, it's much less even in most women's leagues with all the talent concentrated on just a couple teams. That makes it less entertaining.

2: Amount of fans. Women's sports don't bring shit at the gate. Even the WNT with all the hype they got averaged about 8,200 fewer fans than the men's team did for domestic friendlies last year. In the last non-World Cup year for both teams (2013), the difference was over 17,000 fans per game.

3: Revenue generated and economic impact. Hosting a World Cup results in a positive economic impact of ~$10 billion on average. To contrast, the 2015 Women's World Cup had an estimated economic impact of $267 million for Canada.

4: They're just not as good. Powerhouse women's basketball programs such as Connecticut regularly scrimmage against high school men's teams and get BTFO. The all-conquering USWNT played against the men's U17 team in April. They lost by six goals. To what basically amounts to a bunch of high school sophomores.

This.

The WNBA literally operates at a bigger and bigger loss each year. It exists solely due to the NBAs charity

THIS

Batshit insane feminists actually believe that difference between the genders is a 'social construct' and that female athletes are as good as men they just don't get the recognition because 'MUH PATRIARCHY'.

Expose the crazy fuckers to the truth.

>The women have more wins and larger audiences.
(they don't)

Because these idiots don't even watch/care about sports they're just trying to push gender politics into everything.

Why?

what is the fucking point? 'I seriously cant see them endgame to all this identity politics BS

Cause they're not fun to watch, thus, less income from tv

women's equality people are retarded. they have no logic.

Because their warped worldview is dogma to them and anything contrary to it is wrong and must be changed. They don't care about facts or reason only feels and a misguided sense of what is right.

They are such frothing at the mouth zealots though its really starting to feel like a 'destroy them or be destroyed ' situation
I wish they would just chill the fuck out.
I will never fathom how people get so worked up over such non-issues.

Give me one good reason why Olympic athletes are paid by the government at all

Can you imagine letting someone like Shaq or MJ even old as they are now playing in the wnba, they'd score 100+ points every game.

Best way to describe this.

>Men's sport brings in $10 million dollars
>Athletes split $2 millions in salary
>Women's sport brings in $1 million dollars
>Athletes split $200 Thousand Dollars

In legalese, it's called "market conditions."

That was easy, got anymore brain busters, OP?

>only 5 of the most well-paid women playing filed suit

lel, where's the rest of the team?

>mfw i played in the ADO The Hague youth academy until I was 16 and we (a bunch of 14 and 15 year olds) once played against the Dutch Women's National Team and beat them 6-3

female goalkeeping was still pretty memey back then, though

Reminder that at Wimbledon women get paid the same as men, but they bring in fewer viewers, sell fewer tickets and play fewer sets.

Yay equality.

>Shaq

naw, he is waaaaay to out of shape to be good. MJ on the other hand still schools his own players 1 on 1

I've never understood the whole tennis thing, if women are equal then they should play best of 5 just like the men. Furthermore there shouldn't be a men's tournament and a women's tournament there should be only one tournament everyone enters and we can truly see who the best tennis player is.

>it's a low quality blatant Sup Forums shitpost episode and the ratings are as high as ever

seriously how are you not tired of this

Shaq is 7ft tall and 400 pounds, there isn't a woman on this planet who could defend him in the post no matter how out of shape he is. He could literally just stand at one end of the floor and catch lobs all game and the guarantee of two points would out way the 4 on 5 at the other end of the floor.

>Ignoring illegal offense penalties

Is there a rule you have to run back on defense I am not aware of? He just stands outside the paint until his team gets the ball, takes a step forward, catches a lob and tosses it in the hoop, then steps out of the paint and repeat

he would clearly be offside in this scenario

Male teams have more sponsors, generate more money and the demand is higher.

Some philosophers like to describe capitalism as sexist, but I'm pretty sure the Williams sisters make more money than the average pro tennis player. .