What's Sup Forums's opinion on sports animes?

What's Sup Forums's opinion on sports animes?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/11785484
youtube.com/watch?v=WVZBYOlw27U
youtube.com/watch?v=QBqBCMpn4ZE
u.pomf.is/pofysk.webm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Great genre, basugay is gay nigger shit though. Loliball is better.

What's wrong with watching guys play guys
I understand it has alot of gay fanfic around it but shit it's pretty fun to watch and it's like surprisingly really accurate to how high school basketball is in real life. I thought it was gonna be some like cheesy super basketball anime that would a been exaggerated

>. I thought it was gonna be some like cheesy super basketball anime that would a been exaggerated

This is absolutely what it is though. Fucking magic basketball shit.

Fuck off pedo

I like them. Much more when there are no superpowers on it.

The overwhelming majority of them are simply bad.

Note that they can be OK as manga, but once they try to "animate" them, it becomes shit. After all, they're all depending on how they render the players movements, and most of the time they're on low budget, rush it and subcontract it to some shit vietnamese studio, so the animation ends up being stiff as fuck, which makes everything ridiculous.
It's especially bad with basketball anime., or everytime they try to animate basketball movements.

Plus the "tactics" are stupid, if not non-existant, and most of the coachs/timeouts are just "believe in me" "I trust you" "I now I have a broken leg and and amputated arm, but I know I can endure please let me play", "time to use THAT" or shit flashbacks.

In that regard, a series like Haikyuu is pretty good: well animated, and timeouts are actually used for tactical stuff.

I also liked Giant Killing.

>Animes

cute

sport anime is good when the characters have realistic skillsets

in kuroko it's fucking dragon ball z on a high school basketball court

>it's like surprisingly really accurate to how high school basketball is in real life

I don't think magic invisibility, team invisibility, super saiyan transformations and 100% full court 3 pointers are really accurate (well, Curry is close enoug from that last one, I reckon).

Oh, I guess meteor jam sometimes happens, actually.

You all have to grow up

This, which is why I avoid most titles. I give a chance only when I think they are going to use the sport to talk about the characters instead of it being the focus, like and Chihayafuru.

Oh, Girls und Paner (yes it's a sport), is different because it doesn't have a base in reality so there is nothing to compare it with.

Most of them are shit.
Some are still very entertaining though, even if they do have insane doses of THE POWER OF SHONEN and SPEED OF LIGHT bullshit.

The better ones are usually the ones where the main characters actually has flaws and are not some perfect snowflake be all end all captain tsubasa faggots.

Is gookcards a sport?

Ippo is very good.

Who /haikyuu/ here?

It helps that Ippo doesn't always wins, Takamura is a likeable asshole and Morikawa is smart and talented enough to give air time to all his supporting cast of characters.

I loved sawamura as a villain.
That fight against Ippo was based.

I love sports anime, but most of them suck.

Here's how you really do it:
vimeo.com/11785484
youtube.com/watch?v=WVZBYOlw27U

>realistic setting with legit use of rules and techniques
>no highschool shit
>believable underdog story with victory obtained thanks to brains and luck instead of retarded nakama power
>every aspect of the sport is relevant: technical, physical, psychological, tactical, money, fans,...
>strongest wins, no predictable and annoying "this guy will win because plot" shit

It's an awesome show.
Also I believe it is of portuguese origin.

There are a lot of bad sport anime as there are a lot of bad anime from others genres. Sports anime that you guys should check out

>Ping Pong

It's one of the best anime I've ever watched, you don't even have to be a ping pong fan to enjoy it.

>Slam Dunk

Enough said, also the manga Real, wheelchair basket from the same author (no anime thou)

>Haikyuu

Volleyball
It has some powerlevel sometimes but it's not that exaggerated.

Also fuck everything Girls und panzer is good

Ace of the Diamond is GOAT

A hero is just as interesting as his rivals. Hajime No ippo knows this, that's why it's good.

What's the one Iniesta has the clothes for

GROW THE FUCK UP

Oliver and Benji. It inspired a lot of actual footballers here in Spain

>anime on Sup Forums

Slam dunk as a manga is great, but as an anime it's cringe worthy

Just one of those stretched long-cour anime from the 90's with terrible animation and voice acting

Also, Real is the best sport manga ever, clearly. I wish Inoue stopped his Vagabond bullshit and focus on Real instead.

Take this shit to Sup Forums is my opinion

Major is much better.

Free! was good early on when it was actually about swimming and not just homolust.

>super saiyan transformations

>What's Sup Forums's opinion on sports animes?

youtube.com/watch?v=QBqBCMpn4ZE

FIRST FOR
>EYESHIELD 21

GOAT AMERICAN FOOTBALL ANIME
ONLY AMERICAN FOOTBALL ANIME

I watched the first 30 or so episodes of Kuroko and Slam Dunk and Slam Dunk is much much better. In that he actually has to progress to become a better player. In Kuroko there are high school kids who can shoot 3's from the opponents FT line or throw an assist between two opposing players legs like it's no problem. Kuroko is also drama bullshit, Slam Dunk is way more lighthearted and actually has some funny moments.

>on Sup Forums
>hates anime

>I wish Inoue stopped his Vagabond bullshit and focus on Real instead.
I didn't read much Vagabond but it felt just like Hanamichi as a Samurai.

Real is top tier indeed.

I don't like them very much, they rarely hold up to the original manga they came from.

The only sport anime I liked is Haikyuu cause it has a lot of action and tactics.
I wonder will that new football anime be any good.

Read the Slam Dunk Manga manga instead. You cut the filler and get the actual ending of the series.

Also SD is more of an underdog story, that's why it resonates more with people. As much as I like Kuroko, it is the tipical animu about superpowers and special moves and the chosen one, all that shit.

Real is absolutely based.

I'm a physitherapist so I often work with peoples in wheelchairs. One of them told me to read it. I don't know much about mangas (a friend lent me Dragon ball whn I was young and that's it) but this one is really spot on.

Slam Dunk is GOAT and has one of my favourite endings.
>Dat high five
Once I finished Slam Dunk I felt so empty.

And I don't even like nigger hoop.

sports anime is usually shit, mangas are better

best sports mangas:

Basketball:
Slam Dunk

Baseball:
H2

American Football:
Eyeshield 21

Soccer:
Giant Killing/Area no Kishi

Ippo is pretty fucking good. I need to start REAL though. Apparently it's good.

I wish there was a football equivalent to Slam Dunk. Slam Dunk is some of the best sports media about.

Not nigger crash. Football

>H2's ending

it's not like you can find shitloads of manga about handegg, though

it's still objectively a top 10 sports manga of all time

here's the only manga ever about handball

>H2
NO.
Worst Adachi manga ever. Read Katsu instead, and watch Major for baseball.
>that ending
Pure mockery.

Captain Tsubasa, Supercampeones in latam, Oliver y Benji in Spain
that shit is shonen as fuck, with powerlevels and all

Reminder Chihyafuru is the best and most underrated sports animu of all time.

Best work in the whole genre.
Better than fucking Eden.

I dropped the manga after a few chapters. Is the anime better?

anime belongs in the trash

Yes. It looks less shoujo-y if that's a plus for you (it was for me).

Don't you like shoujos germanon? I love the genre.

i feel like they're always ridiculous af and have barely anything to do with the real sport

>manga
>real life

Sup Forumsnimefags need to die ASAP.

Most are like that. There are a few gems that don't tho.
For example Major and All Rounder Meguru are very realistic depictions of their sport.

I like plenty of shoujo or josei series but I don't like the art in a lot of them. Everyone always super pretty and with fuckhueg sparkly eyes, it creeps me out.

Chihayafuru anime has still big, pretty eyes but it's not as crazy or sparkly as it is in the manga.

>Everyone always super pretty and with fuckhueg sparkly eyes, it creeps me out.
Ok, sparklies can indeed be a bother (but fangirls love them and they're a genre staple so you're fucked), but manga characters are always pretty even in shonen romance series. Even "loser" characters are more like dyel manlets than outright ugly, unless it's a plot point that they are.

Maybe it's a prettyboy thing. Since the intended audience is female it just might be wierd to see these characters I'm supposed to have the hots for be male.

a better equivalent would be fantasista imo

u.pomf.is/pofysk.webm

Is an Stand a athlete?

Just look at the girls then. Usually they're just as hot as the male lead even when they're supposed to be average to ugly.
Also look for male perspective works. There's some of those even among shoujos.

Chihayafuru is great, both in manga and anime, but you really have to go past the initial chapters when she just assembles her team and have her flashbacks, which are quite boring indead, and by far the low point of the series.

A very strong point is that, even if there's a lot of tournament action, there's also a big focus on the characters' development and evolution, and not only the main ones, but secondaries too.

I loved the flashbacks. It's what got me hooked on the show because for once there were children actually acting like children which is more unique than it should be. Really gave me a sense of nostalgia.

The most satisfaction when Alf pushed his shit and Kamogawa realized he has been a shit coach,

Hajime no Ippo is the GOAT anime

wew

DRAGON SCREAMER
DRAGON FEVER
NO QUESTION

Japan has too high an opinion on themselves. I dont care if its fiction, you're not gonna have top tier basketball players coming out of there.

never watched Hajime no Ippo but the manga got me into boxing in my young years, leading to mma and other stuff.

also like REAL and Slam Dunk.
Kuroko no basket is fucking bullshit tho.

>there are people in this thread who have no DETERMINATION

side note, G gundam is the best sports anime

loliball is fun

Who Baby Steps here?

Baby Steps is fucking great, I hate using the word "realistic" but it's really appropriate for that show. No power level super powered special technique bullshit.

top tier op youtube.com/watch?v=WVZBYOlw27U

Almost thought this wouldn't show up itt.

Watching any anime as a grown man is pathetic

Degeneracy