/mlb/ General - Dynasty Edition

You can only post in this thread if your team has achieved Dynasty status before.

Not so fast Doyers.

Go A's.

Only dynasty there is the Yankees, a few years of a couple titles is child's play

What went wrong?

Donaldson needs a double for the cycle

A's > Stankees

that's the worst definition of a dynasty I've ever seen

Cool story, sewer rat

>2 championships in a row
>a dynasty
na

gib Sale pls

A true talent .500 team is playing .500 ball. Nothing's wrong here.

>Closer: Brian Wilson

Where the fuck is his meme loving ass these days?

Choo choo

Those teams had great success though. If you're winning pennants in the years you didn't win the eries and/or you're completely dominant statistically, I say you qualify for "dynasty" status

Why do you keep calling me?

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED

Screw him whats The Machine up to?

There is nothing stopping the A's from getting a wildcard this season.

>dynasty
>literally unable to defend their title
>literally missing the playoffs
>literally having a losing record
>literaly shooting H on the fucking sidewalk
>literally 0 (ZERO) Cy Youngs
>>literally unable to defend their title

>''''Dynasty'''''

>49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 56, 58, 61, 62

Yankeeswinlol

Nah, where's The Freak?

>literally being a salty bitch

Lol

Giants are better than your shit "team" DG! We win WS unlike you.

This general is for actual fans not for bandwagon trips like you that shit up threads with your memes. Go back to /nfl/ please.

buxtons a bust, sano is shit, staff is shit. I guess we could count the sentors as a dynasty

>DG

DG actually knew how to shitpost.

This new guy is such a disappointment, I'm not kidding.

You could honestly just count 1927-1962 as one big dynasty honestly

Real thread. This thread was made with the intention of keeping SF relevant before their inevitable collapse.

Real thread. This thread was made with the intention of keeping SF relevant before their inevitable collapse.

Fuck off

>We
I'm sorry. What position did you play for on those championship teams?

I'm a backup CF for the A's, I'm currently in the advanced A.

Very clever and original post lad

You sure got him

yeah nah this thread is already shit because of the OP

This elite motherfucker better be at the ASG

He's shit like all the O's.

Don't talk to me or Brach's 0.88 ERA ever again

What went wrong?

I have a better ERA than he does. It's 0.00.

I believe him building a career in the worst division of the worst league of the game, is what went wrong

Ichiro touched her tits.

>no back-to-back titles
>missed playoffs twice
>losing season

If you're going to water down the term "dynasty" that much, then no one is going to give a shit about it. A true dynasty isn't just a few fluke championships, its a team that is truly dominate throughout its entire run, including the regular season. A dynasty does not include a 74 win season, or have its peak at a measly 94.

2nd NL All-Star update

→ #

→ #

→ #

→ #

→ #

→ #

→ #

→ #

→ #

Salty.

Stinky smelly salty doyers fan

Lol and people said the Royals were bad.

>yadier molina
Cards fans will always be scum

Missouri should just be nuked tbqh

It's not a dynasty unless you win back to back once during it. Cards are excused due to the war. Sorry gigantes

Who the fuck are you and why are you shit posting reported

A's

She has teeth like a fucking brontosaurus

Me on the left standing up

These All-Star updates are making me hate Cubs fans for making a mockery of the event

user its been like this forever. Being an "all star" does not mean what it should. It's now devolved into a popularity contest.

>now
Its been that way for decades

Now you know how AL fans feel. The Royals had a guy around this time last year leading at his position and he only had played in like 12 games up to that point

>now.

Hi new friend. It's always been a popularity contest.

All-Star voting should take place at the park. It's absurd that you can't vote at the games anymore

Was never this bad though. If you think it was you're pretty dumb desu

>can cast 1 ballot for every ticket purchased

I'd be okay with that.

Mets and Walgreens fans, would you rather win the division and have to face the Jints in the NLDS, which sounds like torture, or get the wild card and hope to play the Cusb in the NLDS?
Which one is preferable

its bad now because the votes can be rigged more than ever since they took it to online

i remember when you had to ohysically go to games in order to cast your all star picks when they gave you ballot cards at the game

You mean the Doyers in the NLDS.

Are you guys actually honest when you vote for the All Star game or are you just giant homers?

2016 tho...

Did you not read the first part?

I'm honest. It just so happens that two of my home team's players should start.
BONUS: Guess which team and/or players

the wild card
the nationals actually might match up well with the giants, since their offense has a chance against bumgarner and company
hopefully then we can get the wild card and watch the cusb choke hard in the nlds, then catch the nationals in the nlcs where we can handle them easier than the giants
I don't think any of this will likely happen, but one can dream. Our offense is so shit right now, but it will get better

I would rather face the jints in a short series but they'll probably miss the playoffs again and it'll be the dodgers who advance against either the mets or Washington

>bandwagoner criticizes actual fans

Filtered.

Pirates, Polanco and Marte?

Nope

Nolan Arenado and Trevor Story

Boston
Bogaerts and Ortiz

Red Sox, Bogaerts and Ortiz?

Hivemind
Correct

This. Anyone else who thinks the Dodgers are just gonna stay in second for the rest of the season without flashing all prospects is fucking mental. SF will end their own season with that garbage bullpen and pitching.

If bumgarner takes an L today their season is done. Cueto faces Kershaw Friday and that will set the tone for the second half.

Based 97 Marlins cucking the yankees

>If bumgarner takes an L today their season is done.

"no"

/rockies/ here as well

any All-Star game scenario where Arenado is not starting is shit

>SF will end their own season with that garbage bullpen and pitching.

This is 99% correct though.

>Trevor Story
Mmmm I would put diaz and seager ahead desu

how do they choose pitchers for the ASG?

sure he strikes out a ton but he hit more home runs than any rookie in April ever and he still flashes power and has been playing better defense

memes

What up Rockiesbro? Boulder here
>Estevez
>Qualls
>Butler
>De La Rosa
The way Reynolds has reinvented himself is pretty cool though

So is Manny Machado going to be the starting third baseman or starting shortstop?

seriously though, they're not on the ballot so who chooses them?

>Bawwwwwtista ruining Donaldson's chance for the cycle

Pitching staff has been a pleasant surprise at times with the exception of De La Rosa and Rusin. I'm ready to see Jeff Hoffman desu

#WhiteSox are actively pursuing free agent first baseman Justin Moreau

What the fuck are they doing?

this guy's such an underdog. i really want to see him pitch a gem in the postseason. i found it curious he couldn't get groundballs when facing the mets.

Kershaw is probably going to go on a tear and start some sort of scoreless inning streak at the same time that the Dodger offence gets hot. It's happened three years straight I don't understand what more needs to happen.

ERA leaders, K leaders, big names etc. Starters are chosen by the manager (league winning manager of year before) the past few seasons it's been the hottest pitcher just before break. It'd likely going to be Kershaw and Sale.

The managers of the AS teams pick them