People talk about the Cleveland sports curse, but are people overlooking the Oakland sports curse

People talk about the Cleveland sports curse, but are people overlooking the Oakland sports curse

It's not like we have a tradition of winning either

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Metropolitan_Statistical_Areas#United_States
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_metropolitan_areas_of_the_United_States
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sharks still have a chance

>Sharks
>Oakland

San Jose isn't even the Bay Area, bro

Nigger San Jose is in the bay area. I guess what your trying to say though is that the Sharks arent even in Oakland.

How is San Jose the Bay Area? Most of San Jose doesn't even touch the Bay

San Jose is more Silicon Valley than Bay Area. 40 years ago, San Jose was no different than Salinas

What curse though? You mean Championship drout? Athlerics and Raiders havent won one since the 80s but I wouldnt call it a curse.

A's, last World Series title: '89
Raiders, last Super Bowl: '83
Warriors, last NBA chip: 2015

Indians, last World Series title: 1948
Browns, last Super Bowl: never
Cavaliers, last NBA chip: never

Why are califags such whiny little bitches?

A's and Raiders are also teetering on relocation

South Bay dude. The bay area consists of 9 counties Alameda Contra Costa Marin Nappa San Francisco San Mateo Santa Clara Solano and Sonoma. San jose is in Santa Clara county. Silicon Valley is in the bay area bro just cinsidered the south bay

The culture of San Jose is completely different than SF or Oakland.

San Jose is typical suburbia, while SF/Oakland is pretty urban

SJ is corporate and conformity, SF/Oakland aren't

What does that have to do with a city being in the bay? Thats the great thing about the bay heck California jn general each city town or village has their own unique culture. But it has nothing dondo with them being considered beong in the bay or not.

But lets be real: San Jose feels completely different than San Francisco or Oakland. Culturally, climatically, economically, politically and otherwise

Most of San Jose doesn't touch the Bay either

Why does the Bay Area have two baseball and football teams?

By 2020, there'll only be 1 team in each

Raiders to Vegas
A's to Portland

Your absolutley right about the difference in cities. But areas like San Leandro Fremont Union City are part of the bay but they dont touch the bay at all.

The corn curse

Two different divisions two different markets

its a big ass market

>6th largest
>big

LOL. Dallas nor Philly have 2 teams

11th biggest metro area by population

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Metropolitan_Statistical_Areas#United_States

The only other metro areas with 2 teams are New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles, which are the Top 3 largest metro areas

There is literally no justification for the Bay Area to have two baseball and two football teams

Because Da Bay is shit

technically The Niners play in th San Jose metro area now

dude whats up with these san jose niggas thinking their not part of the bay? Nobody says shit like that in real life. Only special snowflakes in Sup Forums says dumb shit like that.

durrr it doesn't even touch the bay durrr
durrr the culture is different than SF durrr

they have san jose/santa clara as a separate metro area that's why which has another 2 million people.

Still only bumps them up to #6, behind Dallas and Houston

But yeah, at that point, I'm getting autistic

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_metropolitan_areas_of_the_United_States

Am I trippin but this says the Bay Area is the 5th largest

San Jose is its own metro area

How many people commute to San Francisco?

Here's a good test: what do most people
In the area think of when they hear "I'm going to downtown"

Most people in San Francisco or Oakland think of Downtown San Francisco

In San Jose it's Downtown San Jose

East Bay sports fan my whole life. The A's got sooooo close a couple years ago. If they wouldn't have traded Cespedes I truly think they would've made it to the World Series. The Raiders are looking pretty good on paper right now. If they make it one game in the playoffs I would be happy. The Warriors... as far as I'm concerned, they won the championship when they beat OKC.

When I used to live in the east bay, my dad commuted to San Jose. And I have family in San Jose that commute to SF and Oakland.

>Here's a good test: what do most people
>In the area think of when they hear "I'm going to downtown"

That's a fucking stupid test

Exactly. People in Oakland still talk about Downtown Oakland. If they're going to SF they say "The City".

No...most people think of SF in the SF-Oakland area when you say "downtown"

Oakland doesn't really have a downtown

Didn't the Browns win in the 60s

WTf? Are you delusional? OF COURSE Oakland has a downtown! As someone who has his roots in the East Bay, everyone I know says they're going to The City if they're going to SF. Downtown means downtown Oakland. Fox Theater, Lake Merrit, etc. are all in Downtown Oakland. Warriors had their parade in Downtown Oakland.

Then why does the census consider San Jose it's own metro area?

Any destination of CAL or BART is considered part of the Bay.

Because the federal government is fucking retarded. San Jose is South Bay, Oakland is East Bay, San Francisco is West Bay.

Oakland has a downtown like most suburbs in America have a downtown

It doesn't mean it has anything major in terms of commerce or anything. Downtown is strictly downtown SF.

Which is why he said Super Bowl, not NFL Championships

Where are you from? I can GUARANTEE you that people in the Bay Area call SF The City, not downtown.

Ugly ass city desu.
>That skyline
I thought California was supposed to be aesthetic?

The Warriors are a San Fransisco team

Except that Pitts/Bay line. The fuck is all that about. They can hit those 'who fucking cares' destinations, but can't but the BART down to SJ. The fuck.

Uhhhh no. They play in Oakland. In the same complex as the A's and Raiders.

Same thing though

Nah. Oakland niggers are not welcome

Not who you are talking to, but 'the city' means lit. anything that is considered San Francisco city. I could be going to the Marina, and it would still be 'the City'.

If people are talking about something comparable to 'downtown', they'll say 'Market' rather than 'the City'.

You fuck bois sounds like faggots bickering over this shit though.

SF just claims them like a Baltimore resident rooting for the Capitals

Eh. Oakland is Oakland. It's supposed to be ugly. That's what give it its character!

>this fucking thread again

Hahaha. So many autists on this thread.

Now, if you physically went to Oakland, San Francisco, and San Jose, one of those cities won't be like the others

Can you take a guess which one it will be?

Just any random SF street, random Oakland street and random San Jose street

They will have the same people just different buildings/architecture/landscape.

Oakland and SF don't look all that different from each other.

San Jose definitely looks different

Oakland and SF also has black people
San Jose does not.

Sj and oakland look more like each other than oakland and sf do

San Jose, Oakland and San Francisco are part of the same geographical region, the Bay Area. That cultural "Bay Area" gay shit is subjective and arbitrary.

They're all different and have different characteristics. Marin is the Bay Area and is significantly different than the rest of the Bay Area.

I'm starting to think that this "san jose is not part of the bay area" is one autist who goes into all bay area related threads just to spew out his nonsense.

Advice to any outsiders who are thinking on visiting the bay area, don't go around saying dumb stuff like "san jose is not part of the bay area." You will be laughed at. I'm dead serious too.

This is like sacramento folk claiming they're part of the bay.

Yep. Marin is different to Oakland is different to San Jose is different to San Francisco is different to Napa. Everything is different in the Bay Area, but it's all still the Bay Area.

what? marin county is different than sf and the east bay?!

Uh, that means they're not part of the bay. Clearly, the bay area is defined by sf and oakland only. I mean, do black people even exist in marin county? Clearly, its the same as san jose and everyone knows san jose is not part of the bay.

:^)

Well, didn't Tupac live in Marin City? That place has a bunch of nogs

Yeah I honestly consider SJ more the Bay Area than shitholes like Antioch

as many nogs in marin as there are in san jose, so not part of the bay DUH!

Vallejo and Napa are nothing like SF as well boviously can't be part of the bay like good ol san jose.

check mate atheists

I'm going to get shit for this, but I don't think San Francisco is part of the SF Bay Area. It is culturally different than the rest of the Bay Area. It's Architecture is different. The racial makeup is different. Its commerce is different. Therefore, SF isn't really in the SF Bay Area.

I grew up in Berkeley.

San Jose isn't the Bay Area. It's not full of counter-culture like the rest of the Bay is

Or when people in Cen Valley cities like Tracy or Modesto claim to be part of the Bay.

Neither is Napa.

a nuke should be dropped in berkeley tbqhwy

That's like saying Becerley Hills and South Central can't both be in LA because one is crime ridden and the other is posh.

I love how everybody is debating geography in a Sup Forums thread. What have we become?!?

I've literally never heard this.
t. Central valleyfag

A lot of people here are from the bay, but nobody thinks we're apart of the bay

Except Beverly Hills and South Central are united behind a common SoCal culture

San Jose and the Bay Area, not so much.

I live in the Central Valley too (born and raised in the BA) and there I have heard some people who live in Tracy and Modesto actually claim to be an extension of the Bay Area. It's ridiculous.

Marin is way more suburban than San Jose and it's 100% part of the bay area

Except San Jose is part of the Bay Area so San Jose culture is part of Bay Area culture. Napa is agriculturally based, but it's still part of the Bay Area. Just like Beverley hills is about luxury, nice living, famous living and South Central is about rough living, gang culture, and hood life, but according to you still form a common SoCal culture.

>modesto
I'll personally shitslap those people.

People from Tracy are just methed up retards, I think the bay starts as soon as you get over the altamont pass.

I consider the Altamont to be the border as well. As soon as I see the BART tracks on 580.

I see your city, raise you a damn state