theundefeated.com/features/basketball-iq-and-the-racial-coding-of-the-word/

Damn...

Other urls found in this thread:

theundefeated.com/features/light-skinned-vs-dark-skinned/
youtube.com/watch?v=HIsLrvx-g5o
deadspin.com/how-jason-whitlock-is-poisoning-espns-black-grantland-1698683962
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

m8 nobody is going to read that 40 pages article about basketball americans

Let me guess the conclussion; Basketball IQ is a racist term and there needs to be more black players in the NBA because there arent enough yet, even though basketball IQ doesnt exist blacks have higher levels of it than whitey.

Give me the fucking cliff notes D'Shawn

What I took from it was that basketball iq is actually a term used to justify playing white, less athletic, players instead of blacks. I also barely skimmed it.

what?

why would they put lebron on that cover? EVERYONE raves about lebron's high basketball iq. probably the best in the league. and most analysts say chris paul is #2 so what the fuck are they smoking

Whites do have higher IQ than blacks on average, maybe IQ and basketball IQ correlate.

It sounds logical that an intelligent person is more likely to read the game well than someone less intelligent.

whites are evil and racist

theundefeated.com/features/light-skinned-vs-dark-skinned/

>There’s little question that Curry’s skin has inflamed a racial wound that may be invisible to folk outside the culture: the plague of colorism, or skin tone, that has yet to be conquered. Curry’s light skin and its relation to — some would argue the crucial reason for — his broad cultural appeal has not gone unnoticed.

>“James Harden doesn’t stand a chance to win the MVP,” a college professor on the West Coast proclaimed in his class when I visited his school in 2015, referring to Curry’s closest competitor for the award. “He’s too dark and ‘too black.’ ”

i fucking love the undefeated so much. i hope it stays around forever

Yeah, but das raciss. Being a mindless missle is always more efficient than attempting to run an organized play to score.

any kind of intelligence measurement is against blax.
any kind of crime statistics gathering is against blax.
the color black is racist against blax.

>refuses to work on his jump shot and post game
>depends on his athleticism to the point the refs get pissed at him

lebron's decline is going to be bad

I think the point of the article is that basketball IQ is a means of playing white people over black people. But whoever wrote this trite shit didn't do any actual research. You grab the biggest racist on the planet, he's going to play the black player instead of the white player if it means the difference in winning a game, a championship, and millions of dollars.

Any platform on which there are millions of dollars at stake is a fucking retarded place to look for racism. The best athletes in sports that put their teams in the best positions to win are going to play more. The only more retarded thing to do is suggest a bias against black people in basketball.

Can I also add that in football (real football not handegg) commentators will often say a player has a good "football IQ" or a good "football brain" or most commonly they will say "he reads the game well" or "the way he reads the game is superb". It's a concept that is common to all sports really. I don't really see how race comes into it.

If people want to be racist in football they just throw bananas and call a player a "monkey".

But AI got one

This sounds like the sports version of Kotaku.

So ESPN got rid of Grantland because it was too based on pop culture and things "not sports," but welcome an editorial team that writes nothing but race baiting content that kind of, sort of, but not really relates to sports and pop culture.

Literally is the entire article. It could be summed up in a fucking tweet. But let's make "how well do you know basketball" a race-issue because that's what stokes the fire. Get that SJW ad money before too many cords are cut.

The NFL has terms such as 'deceptively quick' which is almost synonymous with 'white guy that's fast.'

>clickbait site featuring tumblr non-issues tangently related to the subject at hand
It is

>David J. Leonard is a professor at Washington State University, Pullman. He is the author of After Artest: The NBA and the Assault on Blackness (SUNY Press, 2012) and the forthcoming Playing While White: Privilege & Power on/off the Field (University of Washington Press).

This is what they replaced Grantland with.

Pure Racebait and clickbait the entire time.

They pushing E-""""""""SPORTS""""""" yet there too as they're trying to shove it down everyone's throats on the main area and on station.

Too bad they don't realize that just leads to cords being cut faster or people shifting to the dedicated networks because like normal people they don't want to hear about autists who play video games and get money for it.

Based esmerelda

The cuck behind the curtain is revealed

Alright, pop quiz everyone.

Is what the announcer says in this clip racist?
youtube.com/watch?v=HIsLrvx-g5o

In short, he says a black athlete has "get me away from the cops speed." Is the phrase racist because he says that about a black man? Would it be racist if he said it about a white man? Does the phrase have any sort of racial meaning?

Also, keep in mind Gus Johnson (announcer) is black. Does that change your opinion?

finally some jew gets to the bottom of racial attitudes in america

He's an Uncle Tom

uhhhh no

that term is used for big dudes or stocky dudes that are fast but look like they'd be slower

he's a waste of white skin too what a faggot

wearing the offical cuckold uniform I see

>beret
Every time. Muh "cultured" nu-male

>ESPN creates a blog about black people
>call it the Undefeated
>black people have clearly been defeated pretty much everywhere they have ever been

No it's used for small scrappy white recievers

"Scrappy" is also a word to describe white players.

No, no, no, no and no.

Anyone trying to get away from the cops, regardless of race, would be on a full sprint.

false, give me one example of "deceptively fast" being used that way

you are quite right about "scrappy" however, that is a term for a white nfl player

>less athletic players have to compensate with savvy
>white players tend to be less athletic
>hmm

you see it used with guys like Battier and Andre Miller, and that's because it's applicable. You don't see it used with guys like Chase Budinger and Jan Vesely because it's not applicable.

the world is a much better place when people stop manufacturing reasons to get angry.

Uhhhhh, gb2 reddit. Jordy Nelson is black? Brian Hartline is black? I know you're going to come back with some examples of it being mentioned about a black guy, but you know damn well, unless you're a cuck, that it's mostly used for whites.

Yah go' a goo 'ead on 'ah boi

Julian Edleman is deceptively fast

Quickness is also white term. Blacks have "Raw athletic ability". Whites are "Quick."

Jordy Nelson got called that a lot, not so much anymore now because he is so established

Steve Smith was called scrappy all the time

>ezra
Why is \pol\ always right lads?

This looks more like Jamaican English than Black English. I can't even tell if you're making fun of me or not.

It da spirit of da lion dat stay undefeated mon. Ya hear?

There's literally nothing wrong with saying somebody has a good sporting IQ.

Floyd Mayweather can't read or write. Dude is dumb as shit likely with a low IQ and anybody as smart as him is dumb as fuck whether they're black or white, but he's got a ridiculous boxing IQ. In the ring he's a genius.

Also, I see holding midfielders in soccer often referred to as having a good soccer IQ or a great football brain because they're great at reading the game and controlling it. One of the most common for that was always Andre Pirlo, who is white.

reposting this story on the start of this "website"

it's absolutely hilarious/depressing start to finish

deadspin.com/how-jason-whitlock-is-poisoning-espns-black-grantland-1698683962

Yeah its literally on places like the undefeated that make things about race.

Is that irony? I dont have a high iq.

Srs question

>Whites are "Quick."
>not "deceptively athletic"

>not so much anymore now because he is so established
This is the key for the words used for white players. Words like scrappy are used for players like Danny Woodhead and Danny Amendola that aren't good enough to start. As soon as they break out and become good/great players that's when little white guys stop being scrappy, deceptively fast gym rats.

>mfw Sup Forums gives this place the hits that will keep it alive

What's the deal with this website?

Every article is about the oppression of young black millionaires.

Draymond Green is widely considered to have one of the highest Basketball IQs among active players.

I haven't read the article, but I'll just assume that a point they make is that you don't see white players referred to as having a high "basketball IQ." I hear them referred to as playing the game smart, but I don't have hear basketball IQ very often. They'd probably go on to say that it's racist because they have to differentiate when it comes to black people between IQ and basketball IQ

Or something like that, like I said, I didn't read it

>>“James Harden doesn’t stand a chance to win the MVP,” a college professor on the West Coast proclaimed in his class when I visited his school in 2015, referring to Curry’s closest competitor for the award. “He’s too dark and ‘too black.’ ”

Harden came second in MVP voting last season. And literally every MVP in the last 15 years has been a very dark-skinned black guy except for Rose and Nash.

Chris Paul has extremely high BBall IQ. What's even dumber about the concept of Basketball IQ is that it's really shorthand for quickly assessing situations and knowing what to do in them. You don't need that much brainpower to have situational awareness.

Even if that is true, niggers should strive to not be dumb.

The rest of the world doesnt need training and education to cope with their dumbness.

I love this site, literally we dindu nuthin and we wuz kangz the website.

I agree. I was just saying

really makes you think...

This. It's not really "IQ." It's more like reflexes and intuition

does japan even have niggers

In football we have players who are called both. "Deceptively quick" I guess means taller / bigger players who are still quick, like Gareth Bale, Jamie Vardy (normally it's only the really short dudes who are quick).

"Scrappy" means someone who isn't afraid of a good scrap. Joey Barton comes to mind.

*sigh*

I am liberal as fuck and would get mocked on any Sup Forums board as a SJW in almost any capacity, and even I will tell you that the Undefeated is garbage, overseen by a butthurt black man who thinks everything he doesn't like is racist.

Racism doesn't work that way, there is some great SJW writing out there, and none of it is being produced by Jason Whitlock. GTFO of here with that shit.

Japan is one of the most ethnically homogenous nations on Earth. They literally hate anyone who isn't a Jap. At least, they don't want them residing there.

>give black people a platform to write articles
>they write nothing but articles about how everything is racist
like pottery

>I am liberal
All I needed to not read your post.

You're either physically/mentally sick, or in college getting indoctrinated.

So what is "good" SJW writing then Tina?

how do they suvive without the great gifts of diversity like ethiopian restaurants and pita

Magic Johnson had some of the greatest "basketball IQ" of anyone to ever play.
dude knew where everyone on the court was pretty much all the time, like fuckin sonar.
and he's black

Do you guys have Mexican restaurants in Yurop?

I mean, I'm sure you do somewhere but are they pretty rare?

>ezra

did I really have to even look

We definitely have them in the UK, Chili Con Carne for instance is very popular over here. Burritos have also become very popular in the last 5 or so years. Nachos and all that shit too

Chiquito is probably the biggest Mexican restaurant we have. Chipotle sprouted up here a couple years ago but there's very few of them, I think they're only in London (possibly Brighton and some places too). But independent burrito vendors are also becoming more popular

I don't really know what the purpose of your question is, I just felt like answering it

Lmao, absolutely not.

No purpose lol, I was just curious

You're an idiot bro. He's got an all around feel for the game better than most players in the game. He just chimps out too. How does he not have a high "basketball IQ?" What doesn't he do? And that guy wasn't even saying he does, he was just saying he's considered to have one of the highest

James Harden doesn't stand a chance to win the MVP because he's absolute shit when it comes to playing defense.

Lmao

He's not acknowledged as being one of the highest, it doesn't matter what your opinion is, there are many better players and I've never heard many sports analysts claim what you claimed in your original post which negates it and shows you're a hyperbolic faggot.

And chimping out during a game and complaining to the refs knowing full well it's going to get you nothing but a tech isn't very smart.

Idiot.

>claims he's widely recognized
>isn't widely recognized
>moves the goalposts and ignores the original point

They state the opposite. Basketball Americans physical prowess overcomes technical play in the end.

But hey, race isn't real right?

I'm a different poster

But I've heard it, probably because I've watched more Warriors games than you

Being "smart" has nothing to do with "basketball IQ" or having a knack for the game you fucking retard, hence the "basketball" differentiator

You didn't answer my question though. How does he not have a high basketball IQ? What doesn't he do?

that isn't what they said though, they said 'basketball IQ' was invented because white people were inventing a reason why they were still in the game when obviously they're physically outclassed by negros. Then the term was applied to the nogs because nobody wanted to say they were ACTUALLY smart.

It's a retarded article that makes two arguments, but somehow the one made for white people doesn't apply to black people and the other way around. It's literally a 'niggers will complain about anything' article.

The author has a
>low blog writing IQ

Fair enough. Yeah chili has been popular here for quite some time I think, probably a few decades at least. An American import I guess.

As I say burritos are definitely very new. I don't think I ever had one before I was maybe 20 (in 2011). Again it's an American import. As is Chipotle of course which I think only started over here a couple of years ago.

One thing you guys need to have more of is curry (it's my understanding you guys don't really have it a lot over there). It's one of our biggest restaurant / take-away cuisines, probably THE biggest actually (chinese would come second on the takeway front). Chicken Tikka Massala, Chicken Bhuna, Korma (I don't care what people say, a Korma is fucking delish), Pasanda, Butter Chicken, Biryani, Bombay Potato, Naan Bread... all that shit is fucking delicious.

not here because we don't have mexicans. sometimes hipsters try to start a mexican restaurant but it inevitably fails
not suprised tho that they thrive in britain.

>I am liberal as fuck

KYS faggot. Assuming you're male, I literally cannot understand how you live with your complete lack of testicles.

James Hardon

I find it hilarious the blog made for Black people and filled with people trying to push the idea of black empowerment has come up with nothing but clickbait controversial articles that are racist against Black people and this one in particular was written by a white person.

It's like goddamn JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP

This thing will fail faster than Grantland did and I hope basketball players notice what's up and stop allowing them to interview them and write racist shit about them. If I was LeBron I would be pissed they did this to me.

hehehe

>what does good SJW writing look like

So.. you call people SJW's but can't actually define the term. That would certainly be consistent with people who throw the phrase around.

It's okay, I'm sure all of us were brainwashed as fuck for awhile, at least when we were really young. You've just got to wake up

>David J. Leonard is a professor at Washington State University, Pullman. He is the author of After Artest: The NBA and the Assault on Blackness (SUNY Press, 2012) and the forthcoming Playing While White: Privilege & Power on/off the Field (University of Washington Press).

>Playing While White: Privilege & Power on/off the Field

Nice Basketball IQ losing your team the game chimping out, getting yourself in foul trouble every game, being one flagrant or two techs away from suspension, and having a -71 plus minus during two key playoff games.

I meant *a lot of us

Not all of us

Is this ESPN's SJW replacement for Grantland?

There's high baseball and football iq too.
Tyron Lue was an awful pro player, but had a high basketball iq. Coaches have high bball iqs, Lebron and Steph are basically coaches on the court. Thats all it fucking means today.

Stop making things out of shit that isnt a thing. Jesus christ. This generation is a bunch of whiny bitches

not the same guy, but you could find all of that in any given square mile in Los Angeles. bish bosh rogan josh.

>commiting fouls, not getting suspended, and having some off games means you don't have a high basketball IQ

Lol

There's a TexMex place in Glasgow that's got some amazing chili. Haven't been there in about 10 years but I can't imagine it going out of business

Yeah but it's not as common throughout the US

I'm not really a fan of Indian food

>Steph
He's just an offensive player.

He's one of the lowest assisting point guards, is pretty one dimensional in his game and doesn't read situations above average, averages a high turnover rate, and isn't the a very good defender but okay, his offense is so good is covers up for his lacking in other areas.

>constantly doing dumb things in a basketball game doesn't affect the status of your understanding of basketball and ability to make smart decisions in a basketball game

Okay champ. You can troll on Sup Forums now, Sup Forums is apparently too advanced for you.

(((David J. Leonard)))

>implying the meme spouting retards on this board are advanced

Lol, whatever. I already pointed out he's had problems with not chimping out, but apart from that it's extremely clear that he has a great understanding of positioning on defense and finding open players on offense. These types of little things are often what's being referred to. Yeah, I can see how him chimping out dirties his reputation and people want to paint him as a dumb nigger who can't understand anything, but before he was chimping out all the time it was clear he has a great understanding of the actual playing of the game of basketball

>white
I doubt Mr. (((Leonard))) is white