Windows 10 haters should drink bleach. How could anyone diss the perfect system...

Windows 10 haters should drink bleach. How could anyone diss the perfect system? And it was free for a year too! Truly Bill Gates is a generous god. Only butthurt Linuxfags mad that their shit meme system faded into obscurity where it belongs could possibly shittalk the marvelous piece of OS that Win10 is.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.
Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use.
Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

I'm dual booting Linux and Windows 10, now what

My graphics card has been crashing every 5 minutes ever since Microsoft forced my computer to """upgrade""". WTF I hate Bill Gates now.

It's better than Windows 8 that's for sure but still Windows 7 has always been the best.

windows xp was the best

helo
who freebsd heres

Tech question

What the hell is with these Intel HD graphics cards?

I have a GTX 970M but unless I configure applications in advance, my computer tries to run all programs with that shitty Intel graphics card and results in a lot of crashing.

It's the GPU integrated in Intel CPUs. You have a laptop (can tell from the 970M) so it uses the integrated GPU to save power unless you tell it not to.

It's integrated graphics on the cpu, might be able to disable it through the bios, or set the 970 as the default for everything through the drivers either directly or by telling it to use high performance card when it's attached to ac power.

They're a bit of a pain but they save a lot of battery life when you're doing regular browsing or work on the move

this

laptop?
using intel graphics saves battery time, thats why its there

But Polan isn't of Windows 10.

In Fact Polan are majority phoneposters.

Win 10 sucks anyway

I use Windows 8.1 on a "gaming" PC GNU/Linux distro Elementary OS on a HP laptop and MacOS Sierra on my MacBook Air
I tried to update twice to 10 on my PC and fucked my shit up, so I'll stay with 8.1 thanks

Elementary OS is always based on a several releases old Ubuntu release. Just use the latest Ubuntu and install the desktop manager and software Elementary uses.

Thanks, I've been wanting to do something like that or even change to other distro, but I'm lazy as fuck so I don't want to transfer my files

Create a separate harddrive partition for your files.

I enjoyed Arch and it taught me more about linux than just using something like Ubuntu/Fedora did but I've switched back to Ubuntu GNOME for work (its nice stability and it's pretty much identical to server environments I need to use).

That laptop has a windows 10 partition, already so I'll just use a external drive, I also want to use arch, I only kept windows because driver issues, but now since my main school computer is a Mac I think I'll replace windows with something else in that one

Arch is fun to use and not too hard. Using the beginner guide from the Arch wiki made the install end up faster than an Ubuntu install IIRC. Most problems can be figured out and solved by googling, often with the help being from the Arch wiki.

what if I have only one PC and no phone to google stuff during installation?

Then don't bother desu

Seriusly m8?

yeah I use Alcatel Fire so reading any "full size" website is just pure pain.

I had weird BSD issues with a new Windows 10 build, but it turned out was the intel graphics. The one on the Asus site didn't work, but another set of drivers fixed it.

>might be able to disable it through the bios
You can't do that on Nvidia Optimus.
You might be able to force some applications to use the Nvidia GPU through the Nvidia's Control Panel, but the main display will always be the Intel iGPU.

Lmao at "Tech Leader" South Korea

First time I actually bothered reading this

Very informative desu

cuck

In the Control Panel you can set it as default for all applications, so all Games + Photoshop launches with the NVIDIA Card, even though Windows Explorer uses integrated graphics. That's what I've done on my past two laptops.

I did the exact same thing with Adobe Illustrator, but in the the Intel HD will always be main GPU.
Also, some mods like ENB have problems with Nvidia Optimus and the modder most of the time will have to create a special injector to be used with the Nvidia dedicated mobile GPU.

I'm thinking of adopting Mint as my main OS whenever I get a new computer, with a W7 partition so I can still into vidya.

Problem is I'm technologically illeterate and I have absolutely no idea how to do this (I'm hoping that I'll be able to find easy-to-follow guides online in due time). Also my experience with Linux is limited, so I'm guessing there'll be countless headaches and plenty of time spent googling how to do the most basic shit in Linux. But I figure it's worth it if it allows me to break free from the monopoly of Microsoft.

surprised japan isn't on winxp still