Post yfw the GOAT does it, Sup Forums

Post yfw the GOAT does it, Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OiwO2BjcweU
youtube.com/watch?v=WYAxk01E404
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Does what? I like following Japanese stars because I wish I was Japanese

man if he were to do it during their 3 game set here in colorado in early august I'd be a very happy man, definitely going to all three games if he's close at that point

he's on pace to do it around then, though he'll probably slow down

the marlins will probably try to have him to do it in miami also

I was skeptical he wouldn't make it this year, but the way he's been swinging I think he can gather less than 30 in 3.5 months. The Marlins have 3 more interleague series left in the season, so he will be DHing those barring injury.

each team plays 10 games in an interleague park, the marlins have played half of them so far so just 5 more

he'll probably make it this season, but if he slows down and stanton stops being absolute dogshit then it might be close still

I hope Miami trades him to Seattle so he can get his 3000th there

>each team plays 10 games in an interleague park, the marlins have played half of them so far so just 5 more

Oh yeah duh I'm stupid.

Still, with his regular pinch hit opportunities and occasional start, I got to think he can muster 10 hits a month. He actually needs to average fewer than that to do it.

The good thing about it is that he's being used in such a way as to prevent slowdown because he's not being overworked like he was last season. I can't imagine 153 games is easy for a 41 year old, even one as sprightly as Ichiro was and still is.

Granted, if Ichiro were to become the regular starter from now on he would easily reach the mark no matter how shitty he started batting.

5 hits from tying Rose

*npb stats included
**minor league stats not

will this be a thing, I hope it is just to see Rose pissed off about it

I don't think it should count. NPB is not as high of a level as MLB. Still a monumental achievement and cements Ichiro as one of the three greatest pure hitters in the history of the game. You can say that but not that he passed Rose.

who are your other 2

My all time favorite. I love him so much

I was going to say Rose and Cobb although all things considered I'm almost inclined to say Hank Aaron is the greatest greatest hitter of all time. 700+ HR 3000 hits club and an BA above .300? He's the only player who.can claim that. His average is only .10 less career than Ichiro's yet he's also the legitimate HR king. If Ruth werent also a good pitcher in addition to being a slugger I'd say Aaron was the GOAT.

II meant .010.

How far is he from 3000?

The fact that you don't include Williams in there is ridiculous.

Ichiro Suzuki is the greatest Japanese player tonhave played in the MLB. Unfortunately he has played onnshit teams and never had a chance of winning a Ring. However he is nearing 3000 career hits which is a monumental accomplisment. What's even BETTER about it is over in the Japnese league (which is considered AAAA ball by a lot of people, not as good as the majors but better than the highest minor league) he has had like over 2000 hits. Ichiro Suzuki is arguable one of the best hitters in MLB history.

i think the count is 27 hits until 3000

I don't think he ever would have caught Rose even if he started in the MLB, especially considering the fact that here he would have spent a few years in minor league ball almost undoubtedly, but there's no doubt he had a shot at 4,000 if he played every year in the US. A true legend of our times, that in-the-park HR in the All-Star game is remarkable.

youtube.com/watch?v=OiwO2BjcweU

>mfw he falls 1 short and gets a career ending injury

>To tell the truth, I'm not excited to go to Cleveland, but we have to. If I ever saw myself saying I'm excited going to Cleveland, I'd punch myself in the face, because I'm lying.

The Japanese Charles Barkley.

Did he really say that?

2 hits

yes, I've heard that story before Ichiro is a funny fuck

Added to the possibility that some shithead coach might have tried to mess with his swing or something.

Also
>not posting the laser throw
youtube.com/watch?v=WYAxk01E404

>yes, I've heard that story before Ichiro is a funny fuck

"Summer in Kansas City is hotter than two rats in a fucking wool sock."
~Ichiro

Never thought he'd do it. Never thought ANYBODY would get this many hits again.

I assume you are referring to his combined total?

Obviously. 3k happens every few years.

Beltre and Pujols have a good chance and Miggy has a decent chance of reaching 3,000 in the few coming seasons, but after those three, we probably won't see it for quite a long time.

Agreed, I think the closest we will see is Trout