I'm coaching a football/soccer

I'm coaching a football/soccer.

Until now I didn't think too much about it and I just repeated the basic stuff I did as a player.
However, we got promoted and next year will be much tougher so I started to read more bout tactics and training planification.

The physical preparation will probably be alright (I'm a physiotherapist, I'm used to it)

I have problems with goalkeepers. Our goal keepers aren't great and I'd like to give them a specific training and I don't know much

If anyone played goalkeeper, can you tell me what was your program? For others, how did the goalies train in your team?
Should I involve them in the field players exercise?

Any tip is welcome

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/thetenspace/status/740705624594513920
sites.google.com/site/entraineursdefootball/u17-u19-entrainement/u17---u19-seances-d-entrainement/u17---u19-entrainement-deplacement-des-attaquants-pour-creer-un-espace
books.google.fr/books?id=lEmc6P6mHGgC&pg=PA202&lpg=PA202&dq=attaquant appel&source=bl&ots=5gbcHBplQN&sig=_CT8swszIr64rBVHAAAb7htl99c&hl=fr&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj6_cSV1JzNAhWBQxoKHUwIDfgQ6AEIKTAC#v=onepage&q=attaquant appel&f=false
youtube.com/channel/UCgkmZG_VdLrAvncQIFP4DAw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

YouTube ARS goalkeeping. Decent tips for when I started playing keep.

>ARS goalkeeping

Thanks. Do you play in club? What is your usual training like?

Just tell them to play like Manuel Neuer.

I recommend beating them if they let in a goal

Actually I told them to look at goalkeepers position on the field when they watch a game on tv.

I just realised I mentioned nowhere that the team I'm coaching is a female team.
Some of them only

*only watch women football

I'm afraid I can't help you but I'd like to know more about the "basic stuff" you teach, as I want to improve myself at the field. If you know something about tactics and training (some guides/documents/webpages) I'd appreciate it too. How old are your players?
Thanks frenchbro, and good luck.

Defiantly recommend watching goal keepers on TV. Hope Solo is the only one I know but she's pretty good.

When I played my coach would put a rope around the goal that was long enough so that you could get your positioning right.

Have them work together. Set up some cones they have to run through and then catch a shoot.

Look up some drills on YouTube for sure.

>some of them only wach women football

Are you serious? Tell them to stop watching that shit, kek

The average pro-woman goal keeper is probably still better than them. They probably are closer in physical ability too

>How old are your players?

15 to 18

Since the level isn't very high I stick to the basic
>Big work on physical preparation since I ask them to press high a quick when the ball is lost. That's the part I'm confident about, I make them do all sort test and have special trainings for endurence, speed, pliometry, stepping...

>TONS of triangle play on the wings. It' usually works very well in games

>Biggest part of the tactical part is how to maitain a high defensive line and playing offside well. I acually had tied the hole back 4 with ropes a few time to make them move a unit. The other part is the compensation from the midfield but I try not to overdo the tactical part

I look a lot on youtube, but mostly I got things from books that an olb coach of mine gave me.
A good one is 'l'entrainement des jeunes joueurs"

I don't know what position you play, but every players gets better with a good physical prepartion. Make sure to always be at your best physically and it becomes easier

Can't do much about it, they look for role models

Tell them to grow up - it's narrow minded to support someone because of their sex. I mean what's more important, learning about football or masturbating their egos?

tell them dont do this

Dude I don't want them to quit. I'm already lucky that they all accept the amount of physical work I'm doing

Sports aren't supposed to be a hassle

>15 to 18
;-)

>I don't know what position you play
Just a forward, in a 6-7 players' amateur team.
Do you recommend any specific youtube channel? Thx bb

It should be easy enough to explain that they should pick their role models based on ability and that sex, race, class etc. are only incidental.

PS How did you end up coaching girl's football? Are you a qualified/licensed coach?

teach them to do this - this is the future
twitter.com/thetenspace/status/740705624594513920

If you can read french

sites.google.com/site/entraineursdefootball/u17-u19-entrainement/u17---u19-seances-d-entrainement/u17---u19-entrainement-deplacement-des-attaquants-pour-creer-un-espace

books.google.fr/books?id=lEmc6P6mHGgC&pg=PA202&lpg=PA202&dq=attaquant appel&source=bl&ots=5gbcHBplQN&sig=_CT8swszIr64rBVHAAAb7htl99c&hl=fr&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj6_cSV1JzNAhWBQxoKHUwIDfgQ6AEIKTAC#v=onepage&q=attaquant appel&f=false

I always tell my forward to look at Carlos Bacca game, especially how he always cuts between the two defenders with the right timing, Inzaghi Highlight are also great for those

This channel have some nice stuff but not everything is great, it's in english

youtube.com/channel/UCgkmZG_VdLrAvncQIFP4DAw

I can, merci beaucoup.

I played at this club for a long time. It's a good club that has relatons with bigger formation centers so a few players actually turned pro (mostly in inferior divisions)
I always stayed in the clubs team and I coached the kids first without any qualifications

Then they created a girl's team and they had no one to manage it so I proposed. I have no further qualications but most people trust me because of my job (I'm a physiotherapist and I take care of sprtsmen everyday)

Oui oui un Bon Bon

played football for a while at a decent level, keeper is a mental thing a lot of the time, making those 50/50 challenges and positioning are key. Shooting practice is great for strikers and keepers, have a player lay the ball off to the left or right of him at the edge of the box and have the striker shoot multiple times each session. Also ensure your keeper keeps his defence in check.

Yeah, I'd say the mental part is the biggest issue.

The starter GK isn't that bad at positioning and stopping but she's shy and has confidence issues. As a result she never yells at her defenders even if she sees something wrong in the positoning. She also lack confidence to get far from her line and to play well with her feet

Get them to work on their abs, jumping, video games for da reflexes, and trim the fat. They'll be adequate in no time.

At training make her yell at her defenders boot camp style

>She also lack confidence to get far from her line and to play well with her feet
Maybe she should play as a sweeper in training or in small sided games without keepers.

Regarding communicating with her defence, one way may be for you to encourage her and back her up if the defenders react badly. You could stop play when one of them makes an error in positioning and ask the keeper correct her.

throw wrenches at them

This. if they can dodge a wrench they can kick a ball.

One of the most important things about managing a football team is building a cohesive unit where everyone trusts each other. Everyone should have each other's backs and be completely at ease so that when they're on the field they can communicate without saying a word. That's why I recommend you get in the showers with them OP. As a manager you should be above the team, but just a man. Show them you're just a man. Encourage them to rub each other's breasts to build character. Maybe even gently rub their pussies and later move on to a loving fist. Maybe after a great game they can give you a little reward. That's how you build comradery, just like ancient Spartans.