Italy

Why do people write them off?
GOAT gk
And his own team defense
Good midfield
>blah strikers

They can stop any team and score some fluke every game.

>Candreva can be x-factor

Plus they are Italians, always aiming for 1st place

People forget that in their 2006 run, all the defenders were clutch in the knockout games. I think Italy with some meme magic can get to the knockout round

I don't know, but as a Sweden supporter it makes me hopeful. But Sup Forums is usually wrong about everything, so.

>goat gk
can't deny that, even if I still prefer Sirigu over Buffon
>good midfield
it's mediocre at its best. With Marchisio and Verratti it would have been a great midfield. But without them it's outright bad. Thiago Motta can't run to save his life, De Rossi is slightly better than Motta but that's it. Add Parolo and you have a midtable-tier midfield in Serie A.

Don't let me even start on our strikers.

>Candreva can be x-factor
don't be delusional.

The funny thing is that, despite we have one of the worst team in 50 years, football "experts" and football former players say that this team will perform well in the Euro, that they will surprise everyone, that they will not disappoint the fans, etc etc.
Whenever >we went on a tournament with this kind of attitude >we embarassed ourselves
>Conf Cup 2009
>World Cup 2010
>World Cup 2014

sorry slovboy, but under Conte for example Tevez did few goals, he likes to put 5 midfields in front of the net and this causes them to get tired pretty soon
I won't be easy this time

They cant win nothing without the true GOAT

I've got a hunch that Italy will beat us.
Straight catenaccio and win the game with 1-0.

>good midfield

I like Thiago Motta, his passing game is insane.
Some header from Pelle and you have a lead.

>Thiago Motta
the typical player that performs good when surrounded by excellent teammates and on the other hand is painfully average with below par teammates around him that couldn't otherwise carry the team

his contribution in the 2014WC was "404 - not found" tier, probably only Chimpotelli diving shitshow or him throwing his usual fits has angered me more than watching Thiago Motta casually jogging about on the pitch when subbed on

I wouldn't be surprised if Conte will relegate him to the bench straight away, starting De Rossi, Giaccherini, Florenzi or even Parolo ahead of him

Marchisio is ded aswell?

shit midfield, garbage strikers

Where the fuck is Pirlo ;_;

This

dead

50yr old Buffon can't carry them alone

self loathing faggots are the worst

Is it really self loathing to say that our current team is shit tier compared to our usual levels?
Compared to 2012 (which already was not all that much quality) we've downgraded every single position. Every single one, vecchio.

The fuck is vecchio?

This is like England. We all know the team is shite but coming home posting is really fun.
Obviously Italy are far better than England though

Will get exposed
t.memetti

They are taken seriously. They are seen as one of the strongest sides in this tournament and as one of the major threats preventing our 4th title.

The real world is nothing like this England circlejerk here

But I guess the Italians themselves don't think that much of their team...

old man but I think it was used as like "dude" or "man"

This. Let's get fucking real, for a second.

This is the national team's all time low, thankfully there's hoping we've hit rock bottom. Still, I think we can make it comfortably out of the group stage, but I'd be surprised if we got past the first knockout match.

i dont write off italy

in fact i live in it

Some post war teams were probably worse actually, but we're certainly damn close to the bottom.

Why on earth would you cheer for us? Zlatan is the only one worth a damn, and 1 guy doesn't make a team.

I-I'll ch-cheer for you Italy if you cheer for USA....pls

S...sure

I'm a proverbial Serie A expert and this years Azzuri is literally dogshit, and it's because of Conte. He's left out many good and promising players for no reason, the dynamic ones, the ones who can run and beat their man etc. Barzagli and Buffon are their best players now.

# They are unironically playing 6-2-2 with 3 RBs.
# Their "10" is Thiago Motta (It used to be fucking Baggio, Totti, Cassano).

>Shaarawy
>De Sciglio
>Giaccherini
>Ogbonna
>Sturaro
>Eder
>Immobile

These players are no better than the Irish or Swedish starters.

Their only hope of creating+scoring is Insigne, Pelle is alright, but he needs service and crosses. Knowing Conte neither of them will start because they are not Juve pedigree.

I'm scared as hell that this is gonna be the first time we lose against you

I'm scared as hell this will never happen. Some things just don't happen and we have to live with that. For example knowing that we always lose against you.

You have two European Cup more than us, now (ok 2 years already) we even have the same amount of World Cups

At least I wanna keep safe our perfect score with you

That would be bad, but we're not meeting them before the semis unless we come first on the groups, to which kek, and even if we'd still have to beat Turkey/Croatia before the germs. And we'll certainly be knocked out before the semis.

Italy, our teams are the giants of European football, nobody even comes close to us. Everything we still need is winning against you. Just one time, just to win one title.

It would be such a great day.

See you in the final, bros? ;)

>See you in the final, bros? ;)
TOP KEK. See you in the round of eight if BEL/SWE/IRE/TUR/CRO choke the shit out of themselves.

No Totti, no party.