Siiiiiiiiiiiigh.... is gaming ever going to be interdesting again? DooM 1 was my favourite fps of all time...

Siiiiiiiiiiiigh.... is gaming ever going to be interdesting again? DooM 1 was my favourite fps of all time. Now they hand me this crap and asks me to prepurchase

Go away faggot

>If you don't like it, don't buy it

You make threads like you have to begrudgingly buy the game.

There are a few things that bother me with this game but overall it looks pretty fun?

This.

It is what it is, welcome to the world of reskinned fps clones where your only hope of finding anything original is by digging through tons of indie shit to find something interesting or wait for the 1/100 AAA title that actually does something innovative.

go play brutal doom or other mods. the scene is still active

the online multiplayer is garbage. i'm skeptical the single player will be entertaining for more than 2 hours.

What's bad about the multiplayer?

Genuinely curious because I plan on getting the game.

not the same guy, I played the beta and the mp felt very much like quake and/or unreal tournament if you enjoy those you'll enjoy this

i don't like it! everyone is a bullet sponge. the maps are brainless. i don't remember details well enough to sell you on why it's garbage. i played for 2 hours or so and it doesn't offer anything. just google it.

Sounds interesting enough.

>everyone is a bullet sponge
That's kinda to be expected of an arena style shooter to be fair.

i'm casual. just google it and read what proper nerds hate about it.

>no sniper rifle so it sucks guys

>Id software has managed to reimagine Doom's fast-paced combat for a new generation, but it doesn't fully succeed in that mission from the time I've spent with the beta. Doom is fast, but not fast enough. Doom's weapons are deadly, but not deadly enough. Rather than fully embrace its heritage, Doom instead looks to also cater to modern FPS gamers who know little of Quake but all about Call of Duty.

>It's here where the game looks to have stumbled, at least on the multiplayer side of things. Doom is half-old-school, half-new-school, but the end result makes it neither. It doesn't feel like a tried-and-true arena shooter of old, but it's not like Call of Duty, either. It's something in between.

When you get commendation as Bunny Hopper

there are sniper rifles though.

Multiplayer was extremely fun, I don't really understand the concerns that most people have with it, the most I've heard is people complaining about how it is more slow-paced and the fact that loadouts exist. Personally had a great time and can't wait for the single-player.

>i like the multiplayer so much i can't wait for single player.

yeah.

I've seen some gameplay of the online beta before and the gameplay looks pretty good.

That's about what I've heard about it so far. That it's not BAD, but that it doesn't quite feel like Doom.

I guess the primary divide is presumably between console players (who mostly all love it) and the PC players (who don't love it so much). I know that some people I know that got it on console fucking loved it so I got a bit of anecdotal evidence to back that side up.

Doom 4 is better than COD

Yeah, I liked the multiplayer so much that I can't wait what the single-player counterpart has to offer.

MP is kinda boring, but I'm sure campaign and snapmap will be awesome.

Sure, snapmap has a 4 player limit, but it's still gonna be fun.

What's there to love about it though? COD or Battlefield have more to offer. If you want to run around brainlessly shooting people, there are better games.

lol the multiplayer was amazing why are you being a mad fag?

>amazing.

How so? Compared to...what?

I don't know man, haven't played it myself. Just what I've heard.

CoD has more too offer, that was a good one

compared to battlefield, call of duty and halo this is the only fps i have ever truly enjoyed

>DooM 1 was my favourite fps of all time

No it wasn't, you are a lying fuck if you think Doom 1 was better than Duke Nukem, and later PlanetSide.

Fuck you!

single player looks mildly good, but they outsourced the multiplayer and it looks atrocious

Doom 4 is COD: Arena Faggotry with Blood and Monsters.

Prove me wrong, faggot.

I guess youre all just retarded because doom is gonna be great

>Your type of fun is wrong!
>Only my type of fun is right!
But Doom 2 was objectively better.

why are all you faggots so fucking jaded. all you guys ever do is find the smallest shit to complain about in games. how else would you have liked them to do it please fucking explain you master game developer.

You need med kits tho

Agreed. MP could get boring, but snapmap never will.

>I did not like the games that expanded on and fixed many of the problems that existed in my Fun Box
>No really, I liked it better
>really

I'm just saying that you think you liked it better, but you didn't. Like saying Escape from Castle Woflenstien was better than Doom.

It wasn't.

They did outsource the development of the multiplayer to the guys who worked on the Halo 5 multiplayer and one of the recent CoDs multiplayer. It's pretty unrealistic to exepect them to come up with 3 distinct different brands of multiplayer.

ID should've done it themselves.

Sure bro, whatever you say.

Hi Sup Forums how is your day going so far?

>why

it's 2016 and the only thing getting better is the graphics. you can't destroy/interact with the environment. you can't hear footsteps. there's no sense of impending doom! doom. the fucking name doesn't represent the game. i don't need to be a master game developer, all I need to $60, and they're not getting it. it's garbage!

No patches this week
>I don't have anything to be disappointed with
>that in itself is a disappointment
>REeeeee... .

agreed, the multiplayer is fubar until they do it themselves

they won't though.

I don't understand why they didn't do it themselves honestly. They weren't on a time constraint (as far as I know) which only leaves laziness or apathy.

shekels. all they want is your shekels.

Low res but it would do

Stop jumping you faggot!

i cant be the only one that loved the doom multiplayer can i?

Exactly what I was fucking thinking.

I'd bet money that they're going to end up having micro transactions like they do in Halo 5 too. That shit is fucking annoying and makes me kinda glad I got out of Halo when I did.

Read the fucking thread.

all you faggots that think doom is bad are the morons that play halo 5 and cod.

go back to nigger island.

But I haven't played Halo multiplayer seriously since Reach and the last CoD I bought was MW3.

If you actually read what I said you would realize I was saying that micro transactions piss me off, not that I think that the game is/will be bad.

As propper Arena shooter it sucks. Search on youtube or something for what i mean if you don't know.
Might be fun for a month but it will die out if they don't make drastic changes.

This. It's not playable long term.

I've only seen footage of the multiplayer and I don't have high hopes for it honestly. I'll still try the multiplayer because it looks fun for a laugh but I'm mostly buying it for the single player side.