ITSENÄISYYS x99

Finland is today 99 years old. Post war veterans, tuntematon sotilas and ebin memes

youtube.com/watch?v=ncpHXvpma8o

youtube.com/watch?v=arKxCiTZoyQ

youtube.com/watch?v=IOLkgPJzOKA

youtube.com/watch?v=F5zg_af9b8c

youtube.com/watch?v=U_YyIfrqVkI

Kalevala
sacred-texts.com/neu/kveng/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3rYjCXLmk9E
a.pomf.cat/njranh.mp4
youtube.com/watch?v=jaKko3VGAnY
youtube.com/watch?v=Ce3QMTGHrIw
youtube.com/watch?v=tvhOPfqxijI&t=0s
youtube.com/attribution_link?a=JvveygNvd3w&u=/watch?v=k9ZoPlRiuEE
youtube.com/watch?v=k9ZoPlRiuEE
youtube.com/watch?v=kBnk-Fxwfmc
chaos.drawball.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=acN1nsEW_04
youtube.com/watch?v=H0dpsB5lmk8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_Germany
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Benis

Ebin xD
youtube.com/watch?v=3rYjCXLmk9E

a.pomf.cat/njranh.mp4

huutista

Habby indebenis day :DDDD

Nobody gives a fuck

dog bles funland

Dubs and you's for everyone

This

en oo koskaa nähny tuntematonta

I love Finland

I LOVE FINLAND

Congrats Finland

is there any fanfare in finland?

I love Suomi (っ´ω`c)

Happy birthday Finland :DDD

Onnellinen itsenäisyyspäivä :----DD

I cannot roll my 'r'

Me too, Japanon.

finland posters are so fucking annoying
gonna stay off Sup Forums today

head iseseisvuspäeva!

youtube.com/watch?v=jaKko3VGAnY

Finlandia always brings out my latent patriotism

Good, nobody wants you around americlap

youtube.com/watch?v=Ce3QMTGHrIw

Oh boi, it's the best day of the year again!

youtube.com/watch?v=tvhOPfqxijI&t=0s

youtube.com/attribution_link?a=JvveygNvd3w&u=/watch?v=k9ZoPlRiuEE

sotilaalliset kiitokset

Cutest boipussies in yurop

youtube.com/watch?v=k9ZoPlRiuEE
fixed

S U O M I
U
O
M
I

What does " Suomi" mean? Please tell me. (・д・。)

swamp probably but nobody really knows the true origin of the word

(;・д・)

Thank you very much!

(;・д・)

(;・д・)

What happens in Helsinki on this day? Anything going on that I could do to celebrate?

612 -event, ylioppilaiden soihtukulkue, "kuokkavieras bileet", you know, the usual

What's the 612-event? I'm not Finnish.

And what's all that other stuff too?

as for myself, I'll be visiting the war cemetery in an hour, after that, drinking

livskolarna har en parad

depending on who you ask 612 is either a fascist parade or a politically neutral, patriotic event where people march with flags and torches, ylioppilaiden soihtukulkue is literally "secondary school graduates' torch parade", "kuokkavieras bileet" is an annual even by anarchists where they first hold a demonstration against just about everything about Finnish government, then later some of them start a riot...

TEHTIIN MITÄ PITI

How many more left thought?

none

we all share the same fate

ПиДopacы

Palju õnne sünnipäevaks suur vend!

I doo :DDD

Kiitos Eesti, best pikkuveli.

independence is best :DDD and natalia :DDDD

( ̄Д ̄)ノ

Have the other one too

WHY DID I HAVE TO BE BORN SOMEWHERE OTHER THAN FINLAND
IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR

youtube.com/watch?v=kBnk-Fxwfmc

sdrongesd bairy :DDDDD

I think Suomi's flag is best. It appears clean beautiful and pure. (っ´ω`c)

Through hard work, autism, memes and with sisu, you can become true finn,

Why do you have french flag with red dot in it?

Värittämään!

chaos.drawball.com/

Wetter colder and darker.
Ah yes, such envy

It's the blood from the man who held the flag

No prisoners

>Wetter
Nope.

>darker
Also nope.

Feels wetterr

is worst……(>_

only 99??

>Finland (Listeni/ˈfJnlənd/; Finnish: Suomi [suomi]; Swedish: Finland [ˈfJnland])

Wait, are you know by the swedish name? Wow, where is your pride?

Not cool

>Says the country which is literally named after its only valuble export during the colonial times when its lands were stolen and raped and its people were genocided and enslaved by literally the most shit-tier of all europeans

suomi is too hard for anglos to pronounce without sounding retarded

HA!
We never has silver in here, my friend. Nobody understand why we have that name.

Now, can you explain me why you have a swedish name, please?

Binland bestland

youtube.com/watch?v=acN1nsEW_04

Hyvää itsenäisyyspäivää Suomi!

"Aleixo Garcia, one of the survivors of the shipwrecked expedition mounted by Juan Díaz de Solís in 1516, heard notices about a powerful White King in a country very rich in silver, at the mountains, called "Sierra de la Plata". Garcia then organized an expedition and reached Potosí's area, gaining several silver objects and gifts."

Finland was known as a whole to the swedes as "Österland", Finland refers only to the south-western "Varsinais-Suomi" areas
But it is due to the Swedish empire that Finland is nowadays known as Finland around the world. For the people were called "finns" by the ones in control and around the world, the information about Finland was spread mostly by the swedes. Much like Russia, which got its name from the swedish Rus, who were called such by the finns from the swedish word "ros". The finns spread the word inland to the east of the Rus by this name and they were then greeted as such as they traveled through the rivers and lakes.
Thus, Russia is based on a finnish name of the people who founded it. The name of the land sometimes tells nothing of the land, as is the case of Finland.

Plenty of countries have different names in English/other languages and in their own language. This area was known as Finland in many European languages so long ago already that it's difficult to trace its origins. It was referred to that way in Latin texts as well.

There are any number of reasons countries have different names in different languages. We don't call Germany Deutchland either. Actually, in Finnish we call them Saksa.

What did the finnish government say about our gift to finland this year?

and vënäja?

Finland calls Russia Venäjö, Estonia calls it Venemaa. Land of boats. I believe in Russian they call themselves "people who row boats" or something similar.

>Finland calls Russia Venäjö
Sorry, meant Venäjä.

Calm down guys. Let's celebrate the Suomi's birthday together! (*^ω^*)

WHAT was your ggift swedeön :D

Free trade agreement and intelligence trades :DDD

Ogay.

>Potosí
That wasn't part of Argentina (thanks God)

>Plenty of countries have different names in English/other languages and in their own language.
>other languages
Yes, like Germany, but it isn't your case. You are only knows by a swedish name and that is what every language translate.

I would, but unfortunately I was unable to secure funds for the celebration in time (stupid banks with their "meh, it can always wait one more day" -attitude...)

>Yes, like Germany, but it isn't your case. You are only knows by a swedish name and that is what every language translate.
I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Happy birthday Finland.

excellend :--D
youtube.com/watch?v=H0dpsB5lmk8
Here's a good song

>You are only knows by a swedish name and that is what every language translate.
our finnic bros all use a variation of "Suomi" to refer to us, including Estonians even though we call their whole country by a name no-one else uses & which originally referred to just one region of Estonia...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_Germany

But Suomi is Finland everywhere. You should stop with Finland and make everyone to call you Suomi (it sounds better)

Congrats

We are Finland to most but not all. Anyway it's better this way because foreigners can't pronounce Finnish right anyway.

That's too bad. Next year you have to get enough money ready for 100th anniversary. (・ω・`)

the whole world should use Finnish names/Finnish translations of the current names for countries, for example Argentina would be "Hopeamaa", which is easy to twist into "Häpeämaa":"Land of Shame"

you made me look! hehe, nice one.

I still like Finland (I like more Norway, but it is another thing).

>Finland is today 99 years old.

happy birthday