Why is Australian wine so bad? Do those fucking bogans even know how to grow grapes...

Why is Australian wine so bad? Do those fucking bogans even know how to grow grapes? Even the fucking Swiss have better wine than Australia.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penfolds_Grange
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_vine#Old_vines_around_the_globe
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>wine

geyyatta loada this pooftah

>drinking wine
>unironically
lol

I'm not much of a wine drinker but the few times I have had the Australian stuff it wasn't noticeably better or worse than anything from Europe or god forbid California

I like the sweet red roo.

Some Australian wine is great.

Yellowtail is cheap shit though.

>Yellow Tail is the best selling imported wine in the United States.
>Yellow Tail accounted for 11 percent of all U.S. wine imports in 2005.
>This one wine brand represents about 8 percent of all Australian wine production and 15 percent of that country’s total wine exports. >Yellow Tail sells more wine in the U.S. than all French producers combined.

really makes u think

I'm not a wine drinker but every fucking woman I know is.

In terms of imports, we have so much domestic wine you can always get much cheaper for comparable quality

Now to explain the yellow tail thing, it's like budweiser or miller. It's cheap shit and readily available. Other cheap shit brands girls I know are obsessed with are sutter home and apothic. Girls seem to like the branding too for whatever reason

>Drinking anything other than Burgandy.

Having this with my dinner tonight.

>not drinking grange.
Stay pleb m8

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penfolds_Grange

If you want to drink some of the worlds oldest producing grape vines its australia.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_vine#Old_vines_around_the_globe

Who is this pleb seppo anyway?

Probably because it''s $3 at just about any gas station. It's the cheapest and easiest way to get drunk.

yellow tail is shit

and lmao you yanks lap it up

>cheap exported shit
>we drink most of our wine ourselves
>australian wine is generally better or on par and much cheaper than all other wines
Most wine industries run on memes, like France. French wine is shit if you don't get explicitly good stuff (i.e, expensive), yet they're reputable for some reason; it's a meme. Whilst the majority of wine in aus is good. Just go around to wineries in wine regions in south australia and drink samples, try a few glasses, maybe get some bottles. That's all you'll need to realise what you just read is true. Assuming you actually drink for taste, not just to get shitfaced. Considering you probably get cheap, goon bag tier wine and you're American, you probably have no idea anyway.

Australian wine has been in a steep sales decline since then.
t. liquor store clerk

>implying we export our good stuff
its all a ruse

>literally muh microwineries

please buy our wine

Literally the fosters of wine.

It's Burgundy you dipshit, and Burgundy is for pussies.

Drink Bordeaux like a real man!

t. got a bottle of Bordeaux and Burgundy on Thursday. The Claret got finished quick because it's delicious, but the Beaujolais tastes flat and slightly like dirt.

So over NZ pinot and sav blanc.

I'd buy Sam Neil's wine.

California has excellent wine

Yeah and McDonald's has excellent burgers.

I don't known it

At least their longer bottleneck has a recognizable shape and doesn't pretend it's what it is not

Well, it has the mediterranean climate

I made the mistake of buying aussie wine once out of curiosity and it was shit, never again.

The cheapest bulgarian wine you can find is better.

>3$
??????? so cheap. Is it cheaper than some vodka?

>consuming Australian food or beverages not made in Tasmania

Serves you right, you retard.

>Now to explain the yellow tail thing

I've genuinely never heard of it until this thread.

Hardy's woine is fucking delicious m8

yes. not only that, at the liqour stores i go to there will almost always be some "deal" associated with this already cheap wine (ie. buy one get the next half-off etc.)

You don't need mediterranean climate to make good wine.

Of course Swiss wine is better. Who the fuck do you think we are? Americans?

Germans in denial aka shit at wine.

Valais still has some nice wines

Just buy chilean wine, its cheap and decent

Wolf Blass makes good Shiraz and their logo is nice and fashy. I liked it.

If you don't mind getting blind.

>terroir

What are you even trying to imply?

That the entire foundation for your wine ranking system is a combination of climate and soil. It's literally French ideology.

If we are Germans then we also are French and Italian. But in the end we are just Swiss and the best in everything.