Theoretically, would it be illegal to pretend you work somewhere? For example, a walmart...

Theoretically, would it be illegal to pretend you work somewhere? For example, a walmart. If I were to show up at a walmart, dressed in the uniform, all that, would I get into trouble with the police? I don't give a shit if I get kicked out of the walmart, but would I get into any legal trouble? No, I would not be stealing anything, only pretending to work there.

Nop, ur safe... film it and post results

Accidentally made this thread twice

No, it's only illegal if you do something else in the process that is against the law. Otherwise, freedom of expression and all that.

Why would you pretend to do a job that most people pretend not to do

Nah probably not. Just no government officials i.e. Post man or police officer.

But I would say, if you go into an employees only marked location you could probably be charged with trespassing. Also probably be hassled to make sure you're not plotting a crime.

Halfway right. But I don't think OP can afford a lawyer to counter Walmarts lawsuit the second he does something to offend customers, or shows the company in a bad light.

Also, as soon as he refuses to leave the store upon request of Walmart employees he is now trespassing. Which is breaking the law.

But, personally, if OP is a sad enough cunt to try to exact juvenile revenge on a shop that probably kicked him out for being a braindead prick, then he's probably good to film getting his lame ass arrested.

So, yes OP, what you asked is all perfectly legal. Deliver the vids, plox :)

I am guessing he wants to play "ridiculous employee" for laughs.

Plenty, plenty, plenty of people hang out in walmart with their families. Every time I've gone there I end mistaking someone dressed like them for an employee, and asking where something is located and they tell me "oh... i dont work here!"

Cool cool. And nah, it's not like that. It's for my YouTube channel. Getting a realistic gorilla suit and pretending to be an employee. Personally I've got no vendetta against walmart, I just think it'd be easy to fuck with people there

Assuming you live in USA, there is nothing illegal with dressing up as an employee and even helping people by doing your pretend job. The legality line is crossed if your somehow instruct others to do something against the law or if you break the law.

Jobs that instant legal issues are jobs that require immense skill and may harm others if not done properly: i.e. Cop, doctor, etc. Also Federal/State level jobs are illegal to impersonate.

If you go pretend to work at Walmart, the worst they can do is ask you to leave and maybe get the cops to throw you out. No legal action would be taken afterwards if you didn't do anything illegal/stupid.

If you do not leave when asked, it is trespassing. You may be charged with that.

How about you DON'T pretend to work there, and they can't do shit.
Not against the law to wear similar clothes to their uniform and answer people's questions.
But don't wear one of their actual uniforms, then you're impersonating staff and could get sued.

is it just a brank pro?

I thought you were going to do something interesting, funny, creative, or idk. Somehing not that. You suck balls

That's where Walmart can, and will, sue you unless you have specific permission to do so. Which you won't get.

That is completely irrelevant to OP's question. You answered why in your own post.

But I didn't ask anything to begin with

They won't take you to court for something like that. It's a waste of time and money. They'll just get some cops to kick you out.

That was just one idea, I don't really like it either but it's kinda a group desision. If you have any other ideas, that would be great.

Op here. Dubs and I do whatever you want. Get rolling faggots

Don't let this thread die bois