My grandpa sent me birthday money today. The one on the top is definitely real, watermark and all...

My grandpa sent me birthday money today. The one on the top is definitely real, watermark and all. But the second one looks extremely sketchy and when I held it up to the light there was no water mark. What do you guys think?

Other urls found in this thread:

thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2016/05/officer-who-doesnt-recognize-houston-middle-schoolers-2-bill-investigates-if-its-fake.html/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_laundering
2dollarbill.org/2-bill-history.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That's what an old 100 looks like. That one is from 1974. No watermarks yet.

Couldn't find a date on it so I wasn't sure. My grandpa is pretty old so he could've gotten cucked

it literally says "Series 1974" right on the bill

The one on the right is as real as a $2 bill

2$ bills are real....

Is this bait?

one on the right is the easiest ones to counterfeit, if it was in better condition

That's an old 100$, it has the series on it. Go and add it to your "train simulator with all DLC" jar.

well the one on the top is 20 yo and bottom is 40 yo so

You are joking right?

That's a 1974 copy, it doesn't have a watermark but it should still be made of cotton fibers. Easiest way to tell is to put it in the washer. If it turns into a paper wad of filth it isn't a real bill. You can wash real money in a sink/washer and the put it in a dryer and it'll be fine.

Source: my mom is a fucking nutjob and washes her money on the regular.

You must burn it or else be charged with handling counterfiet bills

the left one is rare man. Worth at least $110

Good job and congrats. I would list it on craigslist or ebay. or take to a local currency collectors club

PS we are watching

Love, the FIB

I mean right, or bottom one

Don't do this, OP, you'll go to jail for money laundering

It's trash, just tie it to a balloon and let it free.

Sadly, probably not.
I just saw on the news last night where a girl was arrested for using a $2 bill to buy her school lunch.

thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2016/05/officer-who-doesnt-recognize-houston-middle-schoolers-2-bill-investigates-if-its-fake.html/

And there was the dude years ago that was arrested for using $2 bills at Best Buy...

OP here. Thinking I should just send it afloat down the Mississipi since it's a fake. Thoughts?

dis nigga

Unexpected kek from a bad pun.

Carlos, are you here legally?
You make me laugh, I don't want to deport you.

fuck off carlos

That just looks like a hundred dollar bill from around 2006 but...yea
2 dollar bills are real they are just not very common

Trick on you, now that you posted the picture I can just go online and spend it. Now the "money" you thought you had just bought me a dragon dildo!

HA

But there is no note on top, they're side by side OP. I'm sorry but we can't help you.

money laundering is when you acquire money illegally and devise a scheme to use it with the intent of getting legal money in return.

Does anyone know if a wrench is the same thing as a tree. I am just curious

What note?

are you being retarded on purpose?

You should easily be able to feel a real and fake bill. In addition to all the other security features real bills are textured and you can feel the tiny grooves on them

They're real, I just don't think they are made any more.

Bait

Hopefully bait, but sadly, I believe, not bait.

This.

/thread

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_laundering

I believe that you are not being retarded on purpose. This means it is more than likely that you are genuinely retarded

Robbed some old people's house once, they had a stash of these. Hold it up to the light you'll see red and blue strands through it.

>$2 bills are real
>implying bait
2dollarbill.org/2-bill-history.html

US paper money has small amounts of iron in the ink. Fold the bill slightly and lay it on a table like this ____/ and put a magnet on this side. If it starts to bend towards the magnet, it's legit. If not, call the police on your gramps for trying to fuck you over with some fake ass shit.

The old 100 had more class.

>Source: my mom is a fucking nutjob and washes her money on the regular.
Whoa whoa, hold on. Why?

kind of like the new 20

No, I'm saying hopefully bait because that dude fell so hard for bait that it makes me wish what he said was bait.

I have 3 they're real

Just scratch his lapel. If it's textured, the bill is real

Run your fingernail across the pictures on the front and back of the old bill. If it is real, you will feel raised print.

Look up old school silver certificates. Those mother fuckers were beautiful.

It's legit, it's just super old.