Daily Japanese Thread DJT #1768

Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
djtguide.neocities.org/

Special Sup Forums FAQ:
>What's the point of this thread?
For learners of Japanese to come and ask questions and shitpost with other learners. Japanese people learning English can come too I guess.
>Why is it here?
The mods moved us here and won't let us go anywhere else.
>Why not use the pre-existing Japanese thread?
The cultures are completely different.
>Go back to Sup Forums
We'd like to. Bitch to the mods.

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/kgbD7L8s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Opapai wo momu
Oppai wo momutoki
Oppai wo mon de
Oppai momitai
Oppai Momasete
Oppai Momi Momi shi te

Oppai ga momarete shimau

oppaisuwaritee

yamete

Well yeah, he corrects 俺 to 僕 because he wants to communicate respect and recognition of his lower social status. But doing that in general, even if the situation doesn't warrant it, suggests a subservient mindset because using 俺 does not take any extra effort and expresses that you do not see the other party as having higher status. Using 僕 amongst equals, except perhaps when politely asking for a favor or something, does sound beta.

oppai suwaru >no suwaru> sit sawaru > toutch
oppaisawaritai 〇

arigatou
nankamatigatterujanaikatoomottetandakedoyappamatigatteta
amariromajidekakanaisi
yapparikanjinohougaiine

People who argue that men shouldn't use 僕 in casual situations always end up using words like "beta". It's a meme.

>beta is also a meme
Well, that explains a lot.

I'm confused, the mods are allowing DJT over /jp/? I just noticed the thread over there that hit bump limit with like 600+ posts.

Are they testing the waters or something?

It always boils down to "you shouldn't use 僕 unless you really have to because it makes you sound like a fag," and that's just a person's opinion about a language they don't even speak natively. There's nothing inherently beta about 僕 and if someone uses it in casual speech I don't automatically think "boot-licking people-pleaser." Just that they don't speak very gruffly.

>mfw 入れる shows up in anki after I see it in a doujin

Is Tae Kim's grammar guide + Michel Thomas a good idea?

I don't think the effect is all that pronounced (pun intended), no. But now that we've gone there, let me put it like this. Imagine, if you will, a certain couple of fags. One of them uses 俺, the other 僕. Which one would you presume to be the pitcher, which one the catcher?

Yup, DJT is allowed on all boards now. We won. Feel free to post wherever you like, although try and maintain the same high quality of posting we had on Sup Forums.

Are there any good offline dictionary apps i can use on the fly ? I hate to be using jisho.org all the time when im searching for words

So the real reason to use 俺 instead of 僕 is to make sure that no one mis-casts you as the catcher in their yaoi fantasies.

Actually, it's the other way around.

tagaini jisho

>he wants to communicate respect and recognition of his lower social status.
IF HE WANT SO,
HE SHOULD USE 私(わたくし)
僕は、公式な場では使わない

我が名は通います

is the meme that 僕 is "childish" or mostly used by children true?

you probably shouldn't be asking someone who has completely shut himself off from society

あたしは男だよ

>yaoi fantasies.
腐っている
意味不明
YOU ARE RIGHT
WE FEEL IT AS CHILDISH WORD

>意味不明
勿ロン

>tfw I being beta actually use ぼく in casual speech, but place accent on く not ぼ that usually has accent to try to reduce my betaness.

>not using 俺様
あんたホモじゃない

根版は

I really don't like either ore (too normie/pushy) nor boku (too gay/passive), I would probably stick to watashi, or maybe washi for the giggles.

私←polite
あたし←shemale

Pretty advanced sentence, this one. I need to stop for a sec and analyze it but exposure fixes everything

うそつき
あたしは決権の方言使い方やぜ

おはようおにいちゃん

ちょっとおしえて

琺瑯の容器がほしいとき

えいごでなんていえば通じるの

>Could you tell me where is the enamel coated stuffs department?

アテクシ→最強

Could you tell me where the enameled dishes are?

こんいちは

日本に住んでいます! 今日の天気は良かったです!

埼京線の痴漢を注意くださいね!

どこからそもイメジだした

-> どこからそのイメジだした

s四s

3q

>決権
決権って何?どこかの方言?
’アタシ’を使用している男性を見た事がない。
’私’は社会人の男性は使うが。

埼京線の車内でSup Forums見てる外国人みつけたら通報しとくわね

ごめん、ごめん
冗談滑るみたいな

>かくかくしかじか
This expression is useful.

>エコカー減税

あたしは空条承太郎
どうも

Guessed the reading as Kuujou Shoutarou, I'm actually learning!

Please, respond.

I don't know what michael thomas is.

Who is Michael Thomas

Going through old screenshots, have this image named "DJT" for some reason, please enjoy

>しかし正門の、学園でいえば学園の名前が掲げられるべき場所には次のような名前が掲げられていた。
What does this mean? Context: Guy arrived at a gate to a building that reminded him of the entrance to his school.

アンキやりたくない
でもやらなきゃ・・

Given the 次のような there, I figure the next line is needed to figure what kind of name is laid upon the school gates instead of the school's name.

>But on the gate, where the name of the school should be, another name was in its place.

これは良いわ
日本たちのアシスタンス

本当の日本人かしら

Ah, I get it now. Thanks

ITH is not reliably getting all the text for this particular VN, sometimes it only gets a kanji or two of the whole sentence, like in this picture.

It worked perfectly fine for another VN, how do I solve this?

>how do I solve this?
Obligatory some games simply don't work well with a texthooker, and some require tedious implementation of H-codes, such that if a game doesn't work it's sometimes best to just read something else that does.

1) Make sure you're using ITHVNR and not ITH
2) If you're already using ITHVNR, check for updates
3) If the above two fail, you need an h-code
4) If you can't find one, you're screwed. Try "hook any text", it's the last resort.

いいえ、その"""日本人"""は英語教師やプロキシしかいない

I found the h-code, thanks!

あたしでよかったら

assistするよ

12さいが書くような

えいごで

かいてくれればよめるよ

Give topics to write about on lang8 please

>what is the difference between chinchin, chinpo, and chinko?
there you go

>エコカー

N1~N2

>エコカー購入時には税制優遇があるが
>下取りする際の畜電池交換は所有者負担であり
>売却時にバッテリー交換の債務が付加されるため
>無計画な減価償却での購入は後で泣きを見ることになる

-Bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki
-Unit 731
-Replacing the japanese imperial system with a republic
-How all east asians look all the same
-Asking when is the 大日本帝国 going to revive

Japanese war crimes

>絆
>hey that sounds like that one shitty ani-
>oh

Well... I can relate, these sites are geared towards people who have actual lives to blog about.

My general approach is to write fictional, short stories with dialogues. They are pretty weird, but Japs seem to like it - when they understand them.

Like a movie script? Can you give an example?

>write fictional, short stories with dialogues
I'm afraid I'm too shy and not autistic enough to do such a thing and post it on a blog-type site

It's easy, he's having Italian Ramen for dinner

にほん流行語大賞が決まったよ

1位は「トランプ」

just talk about the weather, the lastest book/movie you read/watch, what you bought for groceries and plan to make for dinner.
Basically talk about what you did recently.

>Inb4
今日は一日中4ちゃんで投稿した。

pastebin.com/kgbD7L8s - エンジョイ!

I believe this is similar to a LN format, although I haven't read any to tell for sure.
I posted this one on Sup Forums's DJT back when I wrote it, but no one read it. ;_;

じゃあ

アルミ缶の上にあるみかんって何?
何で笑う?

音が同じだから駄洒落になってるの

あるみかん
のうえに
あるみかん

So I have just learned the superior 朝食 昼食 夕食. They're cool because they give me access to words like 昼食会 昼食後, etc. Recommended

What's the actual difference between those and the ○ごはん? formal and casual respectively?

It's not a funny joke lol

こたつの中でちんこ立つ

なんで立ってるんだ?

Yes. 食>ごはん>メシ in a formality order

It's joke
こたつ と こ立つ

冗談だといってもな
現実には珍しくないんだよ
ピチピチギャルと足を触り合っていれば勃起してもおかしくないさ

日本語能力試験の現地でかわいいおばさんが人にやたらと話していた
「こんにちは!元気?」といってた
日本人はすごくかわいいよね

>元気?
>not お元気ですか
馴れ馴れしい女は嫌いだ

ここは試験があった学校の前に日本人の記者さんが集まって、受験者とインタービューをしようとしていた

俺は俯いて早々通り越したけど

日本の記者はしつこいからなぁ

source?

妹が挑戦的なので強気にでてみた

thanks but why do you know the source lol

It's one of the many ero-manga scenarios my 妹 has asked me to recreate with her.

What's that site that measured the size of your vocabulary again?