Dr. giving me Zoloft for Depression/Anxiety/Stress. Experiences? What should I expect? Pros/Cons?

Dr. giving me Zoloft for Depression/Anxiety/Stress. Experiences? What should I expect? Pros/Cons?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JODshFyKHuA
youtube.com/watch?v=Qj7GmeSAxXo
youtube.com/watch?v=ARZ2Wv2BoFs
hopkinsmedicine.org/news/media/releases/meditation_for_anxiety_and_depression
archinte.jamanetwork.com/mobile/article.aspx?articleid=1809754
apa.org/monitor/2015/03/cover-mindfulness.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

head aches

felt like a zombie....dont just stop taking it cold turkey if you start. also, dont do any psychadelics or ecstasy, it can fuck your shit up

Well for me all drugs helped with was my ocd. Did not affect my sexuality nor make me happy altho i could swear it made my eye vision weaker.

placebo proved more effective then 99% of atnidepressant results.
your psychiatrist wont tell you that will he?

Zoloft with kill your dick after about 3-7 days.
Fully incapable of reaching orgaism,if at all getting an erection.
Will take months to get back feeling and control.'

Avoid like the plague.And paxil,that shit is way worse then zoloft

because that's a lie

Speaking from personal experience here; you'll probably have trouble sleeping for the first week or so, along with some dry mouth. Might get some headaches too, but it goes away once your body gets used to it.

Psychiatrists are fucking dickheads if u tell them u wanna get off drugs.

But op, drugs are not worth it! Instead do meditation, eat healthy, have lots of vitamins, fruit and vegetables.

That seriously helps your body instead of stuffing it with drugs that contain so many side effects.

Zoloft user here, had the opposite effect. Ive been fapping like a mad man, it's like I'm back to being a teenager again.

approved

I take the non-brand-name version of Zoloft, Sertaline Hydrochloride.

This is the first drug to do anything useful for me. I suffer from severe anxiety and depression. This drug takes MOST of the anxiety away, but unfortunately enhances my nail biting habit.
As for depression, it REALLY takes the edge off, allows me to experience happiness from time to time. It doesn't make me "happy" but it's the closest I've ever been.

Side-affects for me include lowered sex drive, and if you take it without food it will make your stomach hurt, make you feel like you want to vomit.

I didn't notice any change in sleep habits.

Been on it for about 3 years OP. Keeps me calm and steady, but it depends on your dosage and how your body reacts. If you don't feel better by the end of 4 weeks, tell your doctor and try something else. No anti depressant is one-size-fit-all.

yea dont come off them too fast or you get realy bad headaches and a dry throat for some reason

Zoloft will fuck your dick. You'll get hard but can't cum

You can still take psycadelics just be very careful. And it's pointless to take mdma because it won't give you any euphoria, just puts you at risk for seritonin syndrome..

As gay as it sounds, you need to commit to therapy when taking these pills. If you don't they'll just make you feel good for 4-5 months then stop working and you'll be in the same exact place you were before but now dependent on a prescription drug

>never had chronic diagnosed depression
There is ZERO medical evidence that shows ANY sort of meditation,having any relevance(you're welcome to show me a peer reviewed journal that proves otherwise

>They gave me a useless education
>And a subprime loan
>On a craftsman home
>Keep my prescriptions filled
>And now I can't get off
>But I can kind of deal

youtube.com/watch?v=JODshFyKHuA

you dont need them. trust me they will fuck you up even more when you think you shouldnt take them anymore and they will make you super sensitive to caffeine and stuff so when u drink energy drinks or caffiene you will have a freak out!

im not on Zoloft.. but for anxiety depression im on efexor.. it works... only 1 side effect... my dick is on perma airplane mode.. srs

they didnt do much for me, wasnt that big of a difference. it might be different for you though obviously

Expect to get your brain disabled permanently. That's what you're going to get for telling a doctor about emotional problems.

If you ever want to seriously research the SSRI before pulling the trigger, read this book "Antidepressant Fact Book" by peter breggin. You can probably torrent it.

i just got my dosage raised to 30mg escitalopram last week wish me luck familia

>speaking out of your ass
the fucking literal studies prove that you fucking moron

ITT: People who are spamming retoric
ITT: People who have never had medically diagnosed anxiety/depression

its a common side effect, just tell your doc and they will look at other medications and find the one right for you. i had the same problem with prozac

OP let me ask you this.
Currently I am facing depression myself. Went to see my normal doctor, and he have fluoxetine (Prozac). It work to control my panic attacks for a while.. Also a referral to see the psychiatrist. Dont going to lie my depression is getting worse. I ran out of prozac. IS just getting worse. Not only that I also been having extreme anxiety. I cannot think about this girl that rejected me and the need of saying sorry for creeping he out . I wan to go see the psychiatrist but I am scare they are going to fuck up my permanent record. Does anxiaty ever goes away? Anybody? Please Is getting worse.

There is no "medical diagnosis" for depression or anxiety. It's a fucking label that a therapist will give you based on the signed YOU tell him. If you show yourself to be helpless enough, they will give you this fake "diagnosis". It's basically legitimizing the drug companies for selling their shit to you and get you to be a lifelong customer.

Became an emotional blank until one day I snapped and tried to run old people off the road for doing 35 in a 70.

Maybe you should ask the fucking Dr instead of children

Explain type 1 bipolar then?
Clearly that cannot be called normal behavior

wouldn't hurt I guess -- Effexor turns you into an emotional zombie

>i ran out of prozac

you cant just stop taking it, you just fucked yourself over

Take them and flush them down the fucking toilet.

First you will be visiting your drug dealer, aka doctor, every month or so, being completely fucknig sick for the first few weeks while ramping up.

Nothing changes after you have your magical pills, you still have the same issues as before, just now need to take a pill every day so you won't throw up -- yeah if you miss a pill you'll probably get sick.

Oh and when you finally realize you are slowly poisoning yourself and you want to get off the drugs, yeah that's another six months of reductions, brain zaps, and all other sorts of fun mindfucks.

Go smoke a joint.

Terrible.

>your dick stays limp
>if you manage a boner you can't orgasm
>horrible nightmares
>i had massive panic attacks on it, I literally ran into the outside winter weather in my underwear on it

You will hate it. I did.

I think continued CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) has had great results for a lot of people. Personally I will just carry my melancholy with me for life and enjoy what I can... better than these drugs IMO (from what I've read).

We're not talking about normal vs abnormal BEHAVIOR, we're talking about medical illnesses and diseases that can be diagnosed with a scientific way. The term "type 1" and "bipolar" are just fancy bullshit made up to make it sound like a real disease. But it's not. It's all psychological, just a bundle of emotions or feelings that is based on your current life situation and your surroundings and friends.

i dont get why people say anti depressant/anxiety meds fuck you up, i have been on an ssri for a few years it has improved my quality of life greatly

Bipolar I with psychotic features here. It's not "depression" or "anxiety", those are just symptoms. Everybody experiences depression and anxiety at times. Severe Bipolar is much more than "OMG I'M SAD!".

LOL
I knew you were retarded,but this is absurdly large amounts of retardation

Read any medical journal going back to the 40's about bipolar.Certinly they were pushing antidepressents in the fucking 40's Right?

As gay an angst as this guy sounds, hes actually right..

It doesn't fix your problems, just temporarily makes you not care about them

I take wellbutrin 300mg xls and 200mgs of zoloft. No boner issues, or anxiety issues. Keeps me leveled. That combo is good the two by themselves are definetly not as good as a pair. Although if I had to chose to be on one itd be wellbutrin.

how are you even alive with that dosage

Mood abnormalities are emotional problems. It dates back, not to 1940's but to beginning of human history and evolution. They just made it into a fancy "disease" to sell you drugs these days instead of being responsible and taking care of you with human values like compassion and empathy.

From my personal experience, Zoloft will fuck your shit up for a while. Everything was just so much worse until it was fully in my system (depression, anxiety, suicidal durations and whatnot).

Getting off of Zoloft also really fucked my world up.

You sir, are an idiot.

Don't do it man, it MIGHT make you feel better for a certain amount of time. But most likely it will make you worse, and then you have to come off of it. I took anti depressants for 9 years and I took lexapro for 4 straight. I'm currently going through protracted withdrawal, I took my last pill in late November of 2015 and I'm still having symptoms.

I kind of feel like an asshole saying that, but honestly anti depressants didn't help me at all. Infact i ended up in rehab because when I was on lexapro I drank alcoholically, the medication literally made me an alcoholic. I can a beer and be ok now.

Of course now I'm not drinking that much because it kicks up my symptoms. Just think about it man

You do know people were aware that colds existed without knowing what viruses were, right?
I'm just flicking through Sup Forums, but if you are referencing socrates as backing your position you are stretching a bit

Ive been on wellbutrin for 6 years and the combo going on a year now without any side effects. Got issues nigga.

A manic state of bipolar can be handled with medication

Spending $5,000 on impulse,to driving 100 down the freeway for the rush of adreniline

Without medication this happens,with medication it is highly mitigated

You're full of delusional bullshit

I don't think cold and flue is a good analogue for this argument. Cold is an actual viral disease caused by an outside agent, in this case, a virus. But something like depression isn't a disease. It's just a feeling, though for some people, it might last a very long time depending on the quality of their human relationships.

But note: Antidepressants are a no-no for true Bipolar people because it can easily spawn mania.

So im activly controlling the 3 drugs in my brain,responsible for anxiety/depression and overall mood stability?

Fuck off

Funny, that's exactly how the pills made me behave. Within the first 4 months I purchased a new car (55k) and chewed through 15k in savings all because I just didn't give a fuck anymore. It's been almost 4 years since then and it all seems like it was a dream.. except I still have that goddamn car payment.

I take Effexor too, but I can jerk it like 5 times a day. How long have you been taking it?

im on effexor too. 300mg daily.
the first day i took only 25 mg and i felt weird. but in a good way. i didnt feel like talking and i was relaxed. just carefree.
nwo i dont even know if it works or not. i only felt it the first day.

Don't worry, I decided to get married to a Chinese girl, bought her a $36,000 car and a $342,000 house for us which I left for her in the prenup, and 7 months later was divorced and in a hospital lmao. I like that I can laugh about it though now.

since june.. did the 2 week ween 37.5mg went up to 100mg... then today went to 150mg

Umm, I'm not sure what drugs you're referring to. But feelings are experiences. They are not physiological and/or biochemical.

The pharmaceutical industry wants you to believe you feel a certain way because of certain neurotransmitter which is utter bullshit. Human brain is more complex than the entire universe and it evolved to the incredible thing it is in millions of years. You're might buy this garbage from drug companies that your mood is caused by a certain chemical. But I won't.

Weird, I'm on 150mg. The first few weeks were fucking great. I never had that much energy and lust for life. Every I wanted to do something new and meet new people. But lo and behold not 2 months in and I don't really notice it anymore.. Drugs have a way of plateauing out and becoming ineffective after awhile. Actually therapy and working through your problems is the only real solution to this shit as gay as it sounds.

long story short it gives me whiskey dick.... turns me into an emotional zombie.. mellows me the fuck out... prior to Effexor I wasn't coping with stress anxiety properly, was hitting the bottle hard.. but now its like I know im pissed or sad, I just don't FEEL it anymore.. therefore I don't get so f#@$%# stressed I get pushed to drinking my ass off

The only non-retarded person in this thread. I recommend this guy's work for anyone that is able to think:

youtube.com/watch?v=Qj7GmeSAxXo

Once you even out on a milligram and take it for a few months straight your dick will work just fine again

It is not just a feeling though, is it? The body, specifically the brain, is fucked up when you're depressed right? the neurotransmitters are out of balance?
Would you say hyperthyroidism is not a disease because you cannot identify an external cause for it?
The human body is not infallible, it has certainly been shown to fail and produce harmful states of unbalance.
Is it a disease? I'm not going to google the definition, but I think you're kidding yourself if you handwave the biomolecular components of it in favour of human relationships which may or may not even be involved

haha yeah, laughing at something like that is probably the best way to take it.

Oh so I guess dopamine and serotonin don't truly exist? You have to be the dumbest person I've seen on Sup Forums.

this. so much this.

Weird... Give it time and your dick will work again though, I promise

And stay off the liquor friend. It's bad to drink in excess and take medicine like this

Damn I wish I could be an angsty teenager who knows everything again ...

Those were the times, I'm guessing you were born in 1998? 99?

there could be worse side effects rite? the dead libido thing is just a weird one....

Lol you sound legit mentally handicapped. Either you're 15 or you're a mentally stunted southerner

but there is no such thing as retardation, you retard

Yeah, for me it didn't really matter though cause I wasn't getting any at the time.

It's okay, your doctor, who gets free shit from the manufacturers, says it's a great pill and will cure you... Plus you get to see him 3 - 4 times a year for a checkup, how convenient!! Maybe even some lab work too!

The fact that the manufacturers lobby our congress to make sure these pills stay on the market is also something we should just ignore.

im bipolar. :/

Whisky dick for fucking days

>a wild big pharma shill appears

There is nothing wrong with the brain of people with emotional problems. The only "neurotransmitter imbalances" in your brain are the ones CAUSED by the drugs you've taken, if you've taken any. These drugs severely disrupt the normal function of neurotransmitters.

I seriously think you should watch this video
youtube.com/watch?v=ARZ2Wv2BoFs

Yeah dude the whole worlds out to get you maaaaannn. Hormones in the milk, fluoride in the water controlling our mind. Watch out the mans probably coming to get you right now because you're so deep in the rabbit hole maaaan

You want to impress a girl this is the drug for you, I was on 200 mg and I couldn't bust if I tried also don't take 200 my doctor was a dumb ass

You shouldn't be on an antidepressant if you're bipolar. If you are, it means your pdoc sucks or you're not bipolar...or both.

See

You sound like you may be delusional, may want to get it checked out.

Well, I'm kind of lazy to pull out the actual papers so this should do for now..

hopkinsmedicine.org/news/media/releases/meditation_for_anxiety_and_depression

archinte.jamanetwork.com/mobile/article.aspx?articleid=1809754

apa.org/monitor/2015/03/cover-mindfulness.aspx

the antidepressants takes the edge off when im depressed and are mostly to help with my anxiety.
im also on Seroquel as a mood stabilizer and to help me sleep.

Doctor just put me on this shit, kinda sketched out by it. I was just trying to get adderall and he said I don't have add but I have dysthymia. I'm about to just say the shit makes my dick not work and I want a stimulant

Just another dumb ass alternative healing fag

I hope your kid gets depression and kills himself because you think he's just being a "shill for big pharma"

Adderall is fucking gross and has serious long term effects not yet recognized because the first generation to take it their whole lives are in their late 20s early 30s

Even that kind of attitude will help you more in life than the average one of "Everything is constantly improving and highly educated people can't be wrong"

Bumping for bump

Should be careful though as antidepressants can cause mania, and sounds like you have an old timer doc. At least ask about Abilify or similar as a replacement. It doesn't have the fatigue of Seroquel and helps stabilize your dopamine so you should never need an antidepressant. Then they can always add something for anxiety. For me it was neurontin oddly enough. Different for everyone though. I've been off all meds for a year now, so maybe shouldn't be giving advice haha.

Can't tell if this is bait or you're really that fucking stupid

Prozac isn't something you can just "stop taking"
Fuck is a "permanent record"? Go to the doctor you fucking spaz

he kind of seems like he's bullshitting though, doesn't he?
He's taking his "there can't be anything wrong with yooouur brain unless you USE drugs!" as an a priori and then stacking up examples of how the brain is subject to change

The brain is not more complicated than the rest of the universe, this guy knows it isn't and is saying it is. He's a liar, my guess is he sells a book, but I could be wrong. Not depressed or on drugs. --- oh and look at that he is selling books. Ok, well, I don't know or care about this really, but do consider that the other side of the fence is shilling their voodoo too

Don't be silly little boy.

Antidepressants and benzos have their place and time, but denying the actual positive, proven effects of nutrition (micro and macro), meditation, cbt and proper sleep hygiene is just dumb as fuck.

haha. i appreciate all advice i can get:)
i dont get the worst mood swings but im mildly high most of the time.
have you or anyone else here tried lithium?

So edgy. There's a true situation where big pharma is big money and it's abused, but there's actually mental illnesses out there and some medication helps certain people.

so i see that you couldn't refute any of that so you just resulted to name calling like like little kid.