thoughts?

>God Tier graphics
>WW1 theme fps
>Decent Gameplay
>Hyped
>DICE and EA
>False Hope
IMO 5/10 let hope dice doesn't fuck this up like battlefront 3

i honestly dont know how they will do it when it comes to vehicles. there is like only 3 types of vehicles in all of wwi. Plus the machine gun is the only gun you will need in trench warfare

Fucking stoked for it. They'll add vehicles and enough weapons and open maps to please everyone

MY only concern is will they make it realstic or not?
Because I am not going to play it, if it is like world of tanks or some shot

>let hope dice doesn't fuck this up like battlefront 3
or like bf hardline. or like bf4. or like bf3.

Except there was literally nothing wrong with BF3 or 4, aside from the campaign and a lousy initial launch for BF4.

Hardline was a dumb idea though.

>Except there was literally nothing wrong with BF3 or 4,
oh yeah definitely not, except for literally everything being broken at launch and never fixed. this is a well documented fact, nimrod.

meh

Despite everyone asking for a historical cod they fucked up again with "Infinite Warfare" so Battlefield is seizing the opportunity. I'm hyped

The single dumbest title I've seen in a while.

" this is a well documented fact, nimrod."

Why use correct grammar but not capitalize.

If they made it realistic, most of you would die of trench foot before seeing an enemy player

is that really what you're mad about?

Doom 4 looks better.

>Battlefront 3
>3
REEEEEEEEEEEE

Should do alright considering Verdun has already started to build interest in the idea of WW1 shooters, but is just riddled with bugs. I'm sure plenty of people would switch over, assuming it isn't also filled with bugs.

i thought the 7 nation army cover was cringey, but other than that, pretty hype. I think it'll be an alright game, nothing more though.

if it stumbles into my lap, id probably play it

The only people that capitalize anything on Sup Forums are people posting from phones or if it's all caps. The exception is i.

>literally nothing wrong
>EA literally hit with class-actions

>mfw the numbers represent what world war it is

Why would you not capitalize something if you're on your computer? It takes less effort than doing it on your phone.

You're a gay retard by trying to speak for everyone on this board

I dunno. I prefer this to naming a new game the exact same title as a previous one, like DOOM.

Stop generalizing, faggot.

Battefield 1. That's absurd, and Doom at least has the excuse of being a remake\reboot.

>DICE & EA
>Not fucking the fans from the get go

Choose one.

I doubt itll have offline bots multiplayer or online bots multiplayer also like black ops. Fuck

Yeh he's right. A remake or Reboot can warrant the use of an existing title. But to be fair there has never been a Battlefield 1. That's a title, not a chronological numbering system. It was titled Battlefield 1942. So technically there has never been a "Battlefield 1" titled game. It's also relevant given the WW1 setting, so I see nothing wrong with it. Getting upset over the title of a game is about the single most autistic shit ever.

He said they had a lousy launch you dumb faggot.

EA/Dice were the wiser and have done a lot to battlefield 4 since, why don't you go check it out instead of being such a faggot.

how old are you?

I'm not upset over it, I'm just saying the title's dumb. It's like the Xbox one.

It sounds cool because there are now WWI shooters.

The problem is that most people who died in WWI got killed by either artillery, disease or machine guns. None of which make for a good battlefield game.

I wish we could just go back to good old bad company two days multiplayer on the xbone180 times two.

not preordering but interested. might buy later.

it looks like there'll be some epic Afrika Korps combat with the planes and all

>The problem is that most people who died in WWI got killed by either artillery, disease or machine guns.

This. If even remotely realistic 9/10 players will have a 1/100 KillDeath ratio and eveyone will move 20 yards forward or back every 2 days.

And then after the match, everyone dies of the Spanish Flu.

Old enough to know that it's not a worthy successor. It's not even a Battlefront game. It's a casual arcade shooter.

I actually like that idea. Would be hilarious if at the 10 second mark of every match everyone in the server began taking unavoidable bleeding dmg.

Trust me man I'm with you, it's retarded. It's not the first battlefield, if it was it wouldn't even have a 1 it'd just say battlefield. There's a ton of battlefield out already, calling this battlefield "1" is retarded

THINK of it like this
Battlefield 1 = WW1
Battlefield 2 = WW2
Battlefield 3 = WW3

Battlefield 4 = ...k den

> hit by stray machine gun fire
> leg shot off
> teammates have to drag/carry you to the infirmity so you can respawn, or you can just bleed out in a trench.

We may as well go tits to the glass with this shit.

There are World War I Shooters, just not as many as there are WWII. Verdun is relatively new and its release generated new hype for a World War I setting.

>machine gun is the only gun you will need in trench warfare
Trench gun.

>Battlefield 2 = WW2
you mean 1942? are you stupid?

I basically just want a survival-horror game in World War I, without any supernatural shit: Just the horror of the situation.

It won't be anything like real WW1. It will most likely just be a skin on the old battlefield formula.

I'm pretty sure I saw someone walking around firing an MG from their hip in the trailer.

>I'm pretty sure I saw someone walking around firing an MG from their hip in the trailer.
You did, which is the moment I lost all interest in this project.

I feel ya. I like the whole "war is hell" genre.

I hope the flying isn't garbage like the recent bf4. Dogfights in bf2 were the shit and doing them in biplanes in canyons would be worth the game's cost in itself. Been waiting for a good AAA WWI game for over a decade and this looks likes it may finally be here

Granted it's not a horror game but
Brothers in Arms has always been my favorite 'war is hell' type of shooter.
I only played Road to Hill 30 but all the memories I have are being super immeresed in the game, caring about the AI team mates as if they were real and sometimes frustrating but good combat.

Battlefield 2 had a WW2 mod, known as FH2. was dank as shit.

>this looks likes it may finally be here
you're in for a wild ride bud

All phones capitalize the first letter for you

I was playing with the idea of a WW1 medic game the other day. Where the focus wasn't on killing as many people as you could but saving them.

You'd have to basically avoiding getting shot / blown up / etc while dragging wounded soldiers back to your trench and / or healing them and have to scavenge around for medical supplies as they would always be scarce.

I'd also like to add to the thread that once again. Germany is as the aggressor [from what I can tell by the trailer/uniforms.. despite the realistic being was Russia started that shit because they were being cunts looking for a war. and Germany backed themselves into a corner defending Serbia trying to be loyal.

what is marching fire? It was a real thing in WW1, try learning a little history.

If anyone actually thinks that this will be even remotely "realistic" you're fucking dumb and retarded, needless to say it still looks like it will be fun

Just speculation my dude, I doubt EA would even come close to "realistic."

Wut game?

Battlefield has never been about realism. Not dieing after one upper body shot, tanks and airplanes that can regenerate health, every soldier being able to have a Javelin or Stinger missile... The game has always been about taking a setting and making it the most fun they can. I'm sure we'll see things like the BAR being used before 1918, tanks being used equally by all factions (and being much faster than 6kmph), and way too many light machine guns... but come on, that's what would make it fun to begin with.

Shut the fuck up samefag redditor

Fighting in the air is not sport. It is scientific murder.

I wasn't expecting it to be realistic like WW1.. but I mean so far looks like its another shit-tier battlefield single player with no feels. and im sure its gonna have TONS of online/multiplayer content.

K go lie prone with your MG then in a deathmatch. The shit people complain about. This is almost as bad as the idiot complaining about BF1 being a bad idea for a title. First, who gives a shit if it's called faggots with guns. All BFs are good games. Second, WW1 BF1 it makes sense and is a good idea. Fucking hell.

Yeah, no... The guy in the trailer whipped out a lewis gun and fired it at an incoming enemy as if it was his secondary weapon.

A Lewis gun weights 30 pounds without ammo, close to 50 with.

Same. Infite Warfare is like the stupidest shit COD could have come up with. They are literally making the same game for the 3rd or 4th time (ie. Black Ops 2, Black Ops 3, Advanced Warfare). Why go so far into the future? The present and past are good. Hell, even Ghosts was ok because it was set in the present/near future and it didn't have stupid shit like robots, advanced exo suits, militaristic space ships, and other SciFi shit that we are still a good too many years from developing on a mass scale. It feels as tho Call of Duty is heading down the path of Medal of Honor that tried so hard to stay relevant. The only difference is that Call of Duty is venturing way away and losing touch with its players that came for a FPS based on things that are or were real rather than shit that is still fiction.

He's talking about a hypothetical game.

Verdun is the only WW1 FPS

Some people enjoy tactical games like Red Orchestra.

If it wasn't for CoD 4 I think it would do better than infinite warfare

That's true!
And this is how you see trough a German Gas Mask

To the faggots complaining about muh realism.

Remember

>video game

Go outside if u want realism. Send that shit away with your complaining. You don't want to play a WW1 simulator. It would be boring as shit. The second you ask for something to be more realistic, don't, because then everything should be realistic and again, makes for shit gameplay. Just like how movie makers stray from the actual plot lines in true story movies. Cause it's shit otherwise.

In terms of realistic aspects, BF series has always been closest to a real feel as much as I could imagine or anyone as its going to get. The game will be dope. You're all faggots. Go back to Sup Forums where you belong beta fans. Shut up nowm

Which is something that was done in WW1. It was a medium machine gun, which would have had two operators, but was light enough to be wielded by a single person and fired from the hip. Usually in a more desperate time, but accounts exist of when it was used as such. Also single soldiers were equipped with similarly heavy guns in WW2. German soldiers would be equipped with MG 34's, British with BREN's, and Americans with M1919's. Maybe because your little pussy arms couldn't handle holding a 20KG machine gun and firing it doesn't mean that a burly WW1 soldier couldn't.

Gonna be cool to see an entire map covered in mustard gas and everyone is forced to put on a gas mask

the main character is a Negro...
eat shit fagoot

Honestly WWI wasn't the best war they could have chosen. Most battles were fought over just a few hundred yards of heavily shelled mud. Chemical warfare killed tons as did cold and diseases. More than anything it was incredibly stationary, the soldiers would spend weeks in one trench exchanging volleys with the opposition. Battlefield Napoleonic Wars would honestly have been a better option.

Tru, if I wanted realism i'd play ARMA 3 but whenever I want to have a good time i'll play BF4 because lets face it, nothing beats that bitter-sweet feeling of killing as many players on an armored vehicle before dying because some asshole snuck behind you and put C4 on your vehicle or when you are trying to snipe some idiots running on the streets before being sniped by a much better sniper hiding on a distant building.

I have an idea for a hypothetical shooter.. problem is I lack any sort of skill or resources. but based off the Bosnian war. you basically play as a civilian who lives in one of the main fighting citys. Looters/Snipers/enemy militia/airstrikes from the government

would be boarder line sandbox but with a direct story line progression. I would try SUPER hard to make the story realistic and have as much feels thrown in it as possible.

Now that there is a golden game. Can't wait for the third.

CoD 4 is literally the only reason I'm spending my money on that abomination of a game. I think Activision realized no one would want Infinte Warfare, so they had to scramble to put in a remaster of the best CoD.

They could have also tried Vietnam or made a sequel to Bad Company 2 which left off on a war with Russia.

Who gives a flying fuck about the "main character" in a Battlefield game? It's good that there is a single player campaign, but I only did it in 3/4 to get the gun unlocks. I couldn't have cared less about what was going on in the story.

This is true of most of WW1 but by the end of the war warfare had changed; the introduction of tanks, (relatively) mobile radio communications, and fighter planes (rather than surveillance planes) changed battlefields from mostly being infantry based.

That being said, the trailer definitely played this aspect up /fucktonnes/

True shit. We have our realistic games like ARMA and Red Orchestra, and than we have our entirely unrealistic shits and giggles games like Battlefield and CoD. I'm psyched to see where DICE takes BF1. After reasearching a bunch of WW1 weapons, vehicles, and planes, it looks like they have quite a lot to choose from to make the game very broad. I'm also just psyched that I'll be able to effectively use a bolt action rifle without a scope again.

>red orchestra
>realistic
I emptied an entire smg magazine into a guy the first time I played RO2 and he didn't die.

Nope.

yep, spend the 4 hours on the story and never go back to it again.

you just fucking suck, if you spray with an smg in RO you wont hit shit

Bosnian war would be fucking cool. just modern enough, but just old enough.

Fucking ARMA III maxed out looks so fucking gorgeous though. One thing I've never gotten with other FPS games. It's a taxing game, but if you have the hardware to handle it, what a fucking game. Played a lot of COD between 14 and 17, then moved to BF until mid twenties, now I exclusively play ARMA. The more mature players that tend to come with a game that requires more expensive hardware to run properly are more my suite. I really can't fucking stand having to hear some budding teen shout faggot and kid at me while trying to have some fun on the little down time I have. And unfortunately because of the lower price of consoles, they are the staple of children. So I'll happily pay the extra for a beastly PC and at least slightly cut back on the amount of retard children I have to deal with.

Too bad no matter what your computer is like, gamemodes like KOTH still have it running at roughly 30fps in firefights in towns.

Prepared for the mustard gas, the screams and the clanging of pots.

man that would be awesome. listening to your fallen comrades screams as you drag him through the mud to save his life, then getting blasted by an artillery shell. would be a pretty cool mechanic for a more hardcore multiplayer mode. no respawns but if you can drag a teammate to an infirmiry before they bleed out they can get back up

You are the cancer

>arma 3 doesn't have budding teenagers screaming into the mic saying "DONT KILL ME"

who are you trying to fool? unless you play on private servers. WITH mods. arma 3 sucks and gets old super fast.

just piss in a rag, shit worked. or was that for a different chemical gas?

>battlefield 1
should of been battle field 1914 tbh
i'm excited but i'm certain its going to end up shit anyway

That's true, although the server I play on maintains a very steady 50-60 FPS even in the towns. But again "at least slightly cut back on the amount of retard children I have to deal with".

"at least SLIGHTLY cut back on the amount of retard children I have to deal with". I didn't say it was perfect, but much much better than CoD or BF on console, since I've played both of those extensively and it was a consistently recurring theme. The sheer amount of mods and accompanying game mods for ARMA 3 make it significantly more worth the money than any console game or PC equivalent such as CoD or BF. you buy a single game, same price or cheaper and get a growing number of possibilities from that ones game.

Piss in a rag wont protect against acids and chlorine's. and even that toxic ass smoke they used for smoke screens... lol

only thing wetted rags protect against is large dust particles

ya, history is gonna have to disagree bud. the canadians used that tactic when the germans decided to use chemical warfare. the piss soaked cloths were used as a makeshift gasmask

And I'm telling you, there is no scientific evidence that, that would actually protect your lungs. Bro. at the time of WW1. a males testicles where an extension of the brain, cigarettes where healthy for you.

>Hardline was a dumb idea though.
No. The idea was cool, we need a decent cops v robbers game. The execution was pretty far from decent, though.

Mustard gas was a blister agent.