The face when you realise that all those "thoughts of God" that were instilled into you in grade school...

The face when you realise that all those "thoughts of God" that were instilled into you in grade school, and some high school were all bullshit. Then carrying around that thought of "God" or a higher power throughout your adult life, to get you through. Thinking "god" was there through the trauma, abuse, misery. Depression, anxiety, ocd, ptsd. "Helping" you get through life. That "pill" I've been taking is nothing but a fucking placebo "sugar pill". A delusion. Most intelligent people have figured this out, but are afraid to think of it. Just buried in the back of their minds, because the reality is too scary. The idea of "God" has kept my nose above water. Barely. But has also kept me from "acting" upon my vengeful thoughts as well. Yeah, well. Nope. No fedora. Never liked hats. Not "young" either. Not looking for any replies. Just venting. Mentally numb.

Vent appreciated

your'e in a dark place inside your mind bro you need to concentrate on better things god is real you just need to put him in your life more.

Faggit alert

There's creation and creator. You n ur thoughts are creation.
Life is pleasant and unpleasant. Were young. Real vs ever changing ecstasy

Gnostic atheist, absolute retard tier.

No. Just figured it out. For me.

To be pretentious enough to "know" that God(s) don't exist, is pretty much autism.

But you "know" that Odin doesn't exist. Are you "pretentious" for knowing that. Or is it only not believing in your god that makes one pretentious?

Why does God only send the simple minded to try and sway the infidels? Why only send the brainwashed mouth breathers to spread the good "word"?

Good question. What's your answer other user?

To be fearful and delusional enough to pretend "god" does exist. "God" exists. It is a organised belief. Not an omnipotent being.

I doubt any of the God-figures that we are presented are the real deal, but there are enough mysteries remaining in this universe and to the essence of our being that it really is pretentious to claim to know that a God doesn't exist when considering our limited knowledge.

It only gets worse from there OP
Get into philosophy and Quantum mechanics you won't even know what it means to be human anymore. Morals are subjective, freewill isn't real, there is more to reality that we can't see, we don't know what consciousness is from a deep level of understanding, we are close to a technological singularity which will only make things more confusing then it already is.

This.

There's a difference between gnostic and agnostic atheism. The former are honestly the biggest fedora-tippers right alongside there with gnostic theists.

Also if you are referring to one of the gods from a religion on earth it is very unlikely it is real, we are one planet in a huge universe, it is impossible we are the only ones out there so we aren't the only ones trying to figure out what the universe is what are the chances that one of our religions are right?

Honestly, I still believe in God and Jesus despite hope bleak and hopeless it all seems.

Sometimes I want to post weird posts then while I type I realize I should shut the fuck up

Here is a better question what happens when you die? Or what do you think happens?

You have to approach the question with the only reliable means humans have developed for answering serious questions. You ignore dogma and fear mongering and ask for some sort of repeatable and accurate methodology for testing the claims made by religion. You compare all of the religions and their claims. Then you compare those claims rationally with the reality we inhabit. Do any of them match reality? Are any claims of any religion more testable or accurate when compared to reality or to other religions. Is it all bullshit? If you were not told of any religion until you were 21 years of age and handed a holy book and told that the stories in them were true, would you believe any of them? Treat religious claims the same way you treat the claims of car salesmen. You treat outlandish claims of your friends and family with reasoning. Why not books cobbled together by Iron Age sheep herders?

At this point. Nothingness. Like sleeping without dreaming. All that "seeing a bright light". Visions. Dead relatives. "God". Is in the final moments of brain death. DMT released in the synapses. Fear of death is fear of nothingness.
Not too logical.

There are things we still don't know about the universe, so therefore God. Complete non-sequitur.

This is why nothing should be asserted as true without evidence. I don't say there isn't God, I say that there is no evidence to suggest that there is one. A gap in human knowledge does not qualify as evidence for God. .

You are faced with a spiritual awakening, it is only once we face death that we can learn to appreciate life. As someone who has dealt with dying and struggling his entire life, I find that "god" is a reality that is untouched by perspective. It is the sunshine that rises after the dark of night, that gives you inspiration to be something greater than yourself. Something that when you build upon shall give you meaning, the meaning you've been searching for your entire life, like your father and his father's before him. God is the spiral of two meanings, the divinity of our understanding, what we call peace. To be one with reality and understand that there is no more difficult prison to escape than the prison of the mind. God is in front of you and not in your head, your mind is the perspective that you must free yourself from

If none of the presented gods are real, using ignorance as an excuse to grant them any power is not rational. It's granting ignorance a position of merit. If you don't understand why your checking account is overdrawn, do you accept ignorance as an acceptable position? If not, why just claim that your ignorance makes God an acceptable explanation? If you accept claims of a god out of ignorance, you simply quit trying.

And yet here we are...

I'm happy for you. Really. This is all created in your head. And that's ok.

>This is why nothing should be asserted as true without evidence.
Yup. This is why I say that gnostic atheists and gnostic theists are both absolute retard-tier.

I agree with this, but also consider perhaps ot is true and there is no god or gods, perhaps something other than a god created us? Or perhaps something lesser thana god did? Who knows? The vast mystery of this universe drives us ever further to quench our unquentchable thirst for knowledge o.o

Thank you for this. This is exactly what I've been struggling with in my life.

You... die? What's it like being unconscious? That's what it's like being dead. It's really very simple for such a momentous occasion in a person's life. Being afraid of death is not evidence for an afterlife. It's evidence that people would prefer to survive. A very important thing for if a species is to persist.

It's simply an unknowable, whether there is a god or not. Anyone claiming otherwise thinks way too highly of themselves and their understanding of the universe.

But to not free yourself from it, you may as well lay down and die while your searching for comfort and "convenience". They would tell you that only once you die you gain an identity, to have meaning in your life. It's fucking garbage, your true meaning is to live, not to die for someone else's perspective, not even for your own perspective should you die. It is the efforts we put in to our lives that give true meaning and inspiration. The answers are not in violance, it is peace that we can come close to unity and through unity can we find meaning.

>perhaps something other than a god created us?
By definition something that consciously created us is a god. That act of conscious creation could even be giving the spark to evolution.

Meaningless vague drivel. However, if it brings you happiness and meaning, and you don't judge others for not believing as you do, I think it's great. I've never minded people who want to be crazy in the corner by themselves. I support it on the basis of individual freedom. Just don't try and legislate your beliefs for the rest of us. Then it becomes a problem.

>granting ignorance a position of merit
Faith in a nutshell

>683040399
Go on a nature walk. And fuck yourself OP.

ged dem. This thread is fucking dumber than a cup of dirt.

Not trying to force it upon anyone, they can take what I say or leave it. I'm only trying to help OP free his mind

Lol

i don't believe for the sake of help or morality. I just believe. Was Athiest, turned religious. Never thought it would happen. Don't buy into organized religion. Believe what makes you happy. Peace might set you free. Put yourself near things that make you happpy, not where you think you should be. Being nice to others is about bringing positivity to yourself to make you feel better. Focus on the big man in the sky wont help you. He might be there to help but it doesnt do shit if you dont help you.

hehe

Good for you. I like your type of believer. I read an article yesterday about a tow truck driver who wouldn't help a stranded woman because she had a Bernie Sanders sticker on her car. He says he felt something come over him and he thinks it was the inspiration of God.

It's nice to be reminded that there are good believers out there. It's easy to forget sometimes. Thank you.

OP here. In simple terms the "ocd thinking", and possible some undiagnosed "schizo-affective" makes me question the whole "God concept".
What is real. What is delusion. As you might imagine, this really fucks with my mind. At this point in my life I need more than just "faith". We all probably do. I used to get my confidence
in "God". Not all of it, but as I question the legitimacy of it all, it is like I have lost something that I "needed", whether real or not.
Work, money, people, "stuff". That only goes so far.

I had a very powerful dream the other night, basically ended with a girl that killed herself with a gun because she was trapped in an elevator that was in a sinking ship. She feared death by drowning, or so I thought at first, it hasn't dawned on me until later that she might have been running away from living life (would have better perspective if I told you the whole dream). While I am aware that these dreams are in my head, it has become paramount that if I can master my own dreams, could I not master my own reality? This potential lies within us all to give life to an idea
Kinda just mumbling now but yeah

"Religion is the opiate of the masses"

-Karl Marx

Fuck Karl Marx

wow such statement, such intelligence, wow.

Controlling dreams is possible. It's called Lucid Dreaming

OP here. Went to a Catholic school for 8 years. Grew up with the whole "God is watching you" shit. Fap and you go to hell. Makes you paranoid. Ok, older, and more objective, but still all that "programming" influences your life.

So many people feed their lives to the machine, feed their own children to the machine that consumes our "convenience" . we mass produce and pump our cattle full of steroids so they can hardly walk, poison our fruits and vegetables with pesticides and then get monitored by the devices we spend all our free time on (cell phones, laptops, videogames) . we all play a part in the machine, and if we aim to stick around in this quadrant of reality then we have to stop abusing and raping mother earth. We will never fill the void in our hearts by consuming more, simply we need to step back and say I don't want to consume, I want to appreciate. This is the only way we can stop the machine, it is the only way we will be whole. This is where boys go to become men, not forcefully, but we chose to so that the machine complex of our minds can be set free.

Raised agnostic, town full of youthies, two churches and a population under 2000. Went to youth group once when I was 12 to try an fit in, holy fuck what a bunch of pod people. It was some twilight zone shit. If I could pinpoint a moment in my life where I decided religion wasn't for me, that was it. I felt like a total fucking outsider, they were way too peppy and upbeat and welcoming. There was this weird undercurrent of desperation and tension, like they all wanted so much for me to be one of them. It made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Most uncomfortable two hours of my whole fucking life. To this day I can't set foot in a place of worship without feeling deeply and profoundly uncomfortable. Shit makes my fucking skin crawl.

Yep. Interesting how your human instincts reacted as if "something was not right".

dmt

Yeah, best to steer clear of organized religion. They'd all rather sit inside praying about how greatful they are to be alive than go out and actually be alive. A person's spiritual experiences comes to them when they are ready, don't need to force anything like that upon others

God is real.

But what does "real" even mean?

God is real, the devil is too, and youre just being a fruit cup edge lord right now. Go to sleep OP

A fruit cup sounds pretty good actually. Edge lord?
lol.....nah. Not tired either. Define what you think the "devil" is.

WORRY NOT user the great leader is amongst us, he is a young teen as of now learning the ways of the prophecy but once he matures he will unite the nations solving everyone's problems only 15 more years until everythings great !!!!!!!

Don't be a neckbeard OP

clean shaven bro.

Putting you on a "watch list". Just in case.

Trust me user, the prophecies all line up he will arrive soon with a full head of steam and bring greatness to mother earth and her people we will be whole again

Got my mental "issues" but not tarded.

>full head of steam? lol

Cap it user. It will happen. Nice dubs btw