How does one convince someone to stop smoking weed?

How does one convince someone to stop smoking weed?
I've had a problem with it and my girlfriend ever since we've been together, and I dont want her to continue doing it, Im not sure whether or not Im being reasonable, but its something I really hate, and hate to see her do. She knows I hate it and continues to do so, and I think is something that may persist to be a problem.
How do I get her to quit, and how do I give my argument some validity ?

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/47z9dz17bf5nszu/Sup
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

good luck. sounds like youve talked to her about it and she wont stop. you could give her an ultimatum, but youd likely be on the losing end of that one. either accept it or move on.

she has to want to

Break up with her. If she doesnt have any respect for your feelings she damn well doesnt have any respect for your relationship

don't be a fucking fag op, get over it

>How does one convince someone to stop smoking weed?
You don't. If you don't want to date a smoker, then don't. But you can't force someone to break a habit like that. They have to want to stop. Pushing them will only drive them away or poison the relationship. If it means that much to you, find someone who shares your outlook.

I kinda have, She's set on me, but she has a lot of crap from bad influences and stuff, I told her if she wants to move on those are my conditions.

She suggested she would try for the sake of our relationship, but I dont think shes convinced she wants to herself

>How does one convince someone to stop smoking weed?
You don't. If you don't want to date a smoker, then don't. But you can't force someone to break a habit like that. They have to want to stop. Pushing them will only drive them away or poison the relationship. If it means that much to you, find someone who shares your outlook.>If she doesnt have any respect for your feelings
Right, because making her own decisions about smoking weed is just SO insensitive to OP's precious feelings. She doesn't deserve to live.

If op talked to her about it and was like " hey i just want you to know as your boyfriend im not comfortable with you smoking weed. If you continue ill have to break up with you because it makes me uncomfortable" it would solve the problem entirely. But given that he already talked to her and she was like "yea fuck that i care more about a drug than i do my relationship" he should leave her

Start sucking dick because sounds like you are gay weed is not harmful and is a medicine and makes people more happy and loving you faggot

/thread

It doesnt feel quite as easy as that
Im pretty much not going to get another girlfriend, Im not outgoing enough
Shes pretty much obsessed with me and has been for the past couple years, we've only been dating for a couple months.

She has quit smoking cigarettes for me, so I think theres a chance, I just need more validity to my side of things

Smoke a bowl OP. Quit being such a faggot. Your not going to change her. Jump aboard or fuck off. Alpha out.

Weed a "drug"? I suppose you drink OP. Weed isn't a drug. I bet you get totally wasted and then judge stoners. Grow up.

Both are drugs you retard
Get her a vaporizer then she will stop smoking and won't smell like shit because of it

Not attacking stoners , I dont mind it, so long as I dont have an associations with it, When its someone who would have a significant part of my life is when it becomes problematic to me. Also I dont drink.

You sound like a horrible faggot
Get back to the floor pretentious shitlord

If you gonna stop her from smoking just because you're an insecure faggot who need reassurance, then you're a faggot.

>Opium isn't harmful it makes people happy and relaxed.
>It's a medicine too my doctor proscribed it to me
Because I'm sure people who were proscribed opium and cocaine thought it wasn't bad for their health when those were thought to be medicines.

You are comparing Apples and watermelons

Weed is perfectly fine as long as you don't do it to often, opium makes you addicted rather fast
Can't get addicted to weed and can't overdose on weed

And after all its her fucking life and not your's
What did you change for her in your life?

So the conclusion Im reaching is set ultimatum, and if that doesnt work, Im screwed and shouldnt bother with her

My entire ideal lifestyle changed for her sake, this is the only thing I ask of her. And as far as Im concerned her life does somewhat qualify as my own

She already stopped smoking for you so it can't be the only thing you asked for

How did your lifestyle change?
>Inb4 I allow her to spend time with me

My concern being smoking in general, weed is just the one at hand

Most of my life is spent underground on the internet, I hardly get more than a few hours a week nowadays, I have to spend time with a lot of other people now, which can give me really bad anxiety, Im going to end up moving to another state for her, which Im opposed to because I like to be near family. You are right in a way, Some of that is just spending time with her

youre an unhealthy weirdo i hope she leaves your miserable ass

I'm gonna go to sleep now, I do appreciate the input, one of the questions I had is was I just being a faggot, which a majority of the responses would suggest so, it may give me some peace of mind.

As I said before
If your concern is smoking get her a vaporizer then she don't have to smoke the weed and she won't damage her lungs, won't smell like shit and so on

there is no reason for you to hate it. You just irrationally hate it. So basically you are wondering why your girlfriend is not pandering to your irrational feelings.

fucking neckbeard

6506 dropbox.com/s/47z9dz17bf5nszu/Sup Forums.zip?dl=1