Italian 4th most studied language

>The Italian language has seen an impressive increase in interest over the last few years, with more and more people choosing to study this beautiful language in their spare time. So much so that it has now overtaken many other languages to sit in fourth place of the most studied languages in the world.

>The current rankings hold English at the top spot as the most studied language in the world, while Spanish sits in second, Mandarin in third and Italian in fourth position.

WE DID IT LADS! ITALIAN STRONK!

essentialitaly.co.uk/blog/italian-now-4th-studied-language-world/

i wish ive never learned latin and shitalian

are you greek

I wonder how far it'd fall down the rankings if you didn't include casual muh heritage Americans

I wonder how far french/german would fall down the rankings if I didn't include casual muh heritage Americans

milior linguagio
felice di avermelo fatto insegnare

prego

>Above French.
Truly a dying language. Even though I highly doubt that Italian is higher than French

French is not dying at all, considering all Francophone countries in Africa have birthrates in the double digits.

I fail to see how this is a good thing

>Francophone
They barely speak french outside cities.Really I have been there and they speak their own meme languages and even speak english more than french in some places

I'm not even saying it's a good thing. It's not a bad thing either.

bobbity boopity mi Mario hermanos

> italian
> beautiful

top klok

Why do people even wanna learn Italian as a second language

I don't get it

Are you retarded ?

FRENCH BTFO

>hermanos
totally different language dawg

I find hard to believe considering that site like duolingo ranks french as a second place

Hermano comes from latin germanus. We have fratres but it was used among monks.

ho imparato l'Italiano en scoula media dieci anni fa, ma ho dimenticato mezzo

>Duolinguo
>relevant

stay surrender.

Good enough desu

A world where english, chinese, spanish languages are top 3...

Only reason to learn Italian is if you want to join the Mafia.

Rude
Very rude

I took italian a while ago but i live with so many puerto ricans that if I tried to speak italian without having time to practice nowadays, it would probably come out half spanish

Although I expect an italian could still understand

>implying they don't talk to each other in the local dialects

>english
The language of the one super power.
>chinese
The language of the guys on second place.
>spanish
Shit ton of places speak spanish so people probably think "this will open some tourism opportunities" or maybe it is about literature as well.

I really do wonder what is prompting people to learn italian.

yeah but there's no Italian word that sounds like that, is what I'm saying to you

MAMMA MIA
PIZZA SPAG-AH-HETTI
THAT'S-A GOOD-A STUFF

Of course, Vento Aureo soon, I'll start to learn Italian for sure next year

Western world learns English
Eastern world learns Chinese
Americans learn Spanish
:(

Well Italy invited 1 billion Africans to move to their country any way they can, so now they are getting ready to move.

Not very, if at all.

Food and fashion.

Do you really need to learn Italian to eat Italian food?

>or maybe it is about literature as well.
Nobody learns Spanish for the literature because Spanish and Latin American literature is all completely irrelevant. Spain wrote in Latin for centuries before finally making the vulgar language official sometime around the 1500s I think. I can't think of any relevant literature to come out of Spain since then, but I can think of plenty of literature written in vulgar Italian (Dante's Inferno, The Prince, etc.)

It's time.

>Spanish and Latin American literature is all completely irrelevant.
t. potterhead

This is exactly 100% what is happening, good job on our perfect understanding of all things political. You will be regarded as a wise man.

>Spanish literature irrelevant
>sometime around the 1500s i think
*slow clap*
its amazing to see a victim of american education speak proudly with his "knowledge"

but muh quixote

>Yankee education

>1500s
Nah m8. El cantar del mio CID is from the XI century. Also modern literature as we know it was born in Spain. Jorge Manrique?s work and el Lazarillo de Tormes are considered the first pieces of European modern literature.
t.had to study this crap at school

How hard is it? I was doing French, could read it no issue but speaking it was hard. Want to learn Italian and be able to speak more so for..reasons.

Plenty of good lit from Spain, btu the best Spanish lit you'll find in Latin America. The hispanic canon blows the Italian out of the water

>you'll find in Latin America
Maybe nowadays.XIX, XX and XVII Spanish literature is bretty good.

American education is really sad.

this is completely wrong.
IIRC the first grammar of a modern european language is Nebrija's Spanish grammar, from 1492, the same year Columbus reaches America, the Jews were expulsed from Spain, and the last muslim kingdom in Spain was conquered.
And they had been writing in Spanish for centuries by that point, although pretty different from modern Spanish.

Do you do this just to make us look retarded??

>2016
>not learning superior sanmarinian