Thought Experiment: Almost every single one of you soft-skinned pasty nerds would already be dead in hunter-gatherer...

Thought Experiment: Almost every single one of you soft-skinned pasty nerds would already be dead in hunter-gatherer times or early agrarian societies.

Almost every single person you encounter on a day to day basis in your life wouldn't have made it very far.

>haven't hunted and slaughtered a single animal without a firearm
>no knowledge of local fauna
>never harvested crops
>never started a fire from scratch
>most miles ever walked in a day under 20
>"gluten allergy"
>on your cell phone all day

Why do you think you'd be any different?

Other urls found in this thread:

ultraculture.org/blog/2014/12/16/heres-visual-guide-10-dimensions-reality/
askamathematician.com/2013/06/q-do-the-past-and-future-exist-if-they-do-does-that-mean-that-the-future-is-determined-and-what-does-that-mean-for-quantum-randomness/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>on your cell phone

kek'd

Know how to harvest, light fires and yesterday I just walked 34 km.
Fuck you lel

Because my dad grew up in a small town in Carpathians, and he taught me survival skills like fishing by hand, which mushrooms are okay to eat, starting a fire from scratch, etc.

I still probably wouldn't last that long though, maybe a week or two.

do you mean if we were born as cave men and raised as such? we'd be the same as any other cave men in that case. or do you mean if were transported into the past?

Killed 2 deer and a moose with a yew bow as a coming of age rite of passage. Know about 8 edible and cookable plants in my area and made fire from scratch when I was 12 a couple times just because I'd seen it on Survivor man. Mind you, making a fire with a bow is a bitch.

The real question is, why does it matter?

We don't live in those times, you see.

Hunter/gatherers didn't eat gluten, your point is moo

This isnt so much a thought experiment as some retard listing all the good things about not living 50,000 years ago in a holier-than-thou attitude.

i came up with this thread after looking out my window in _major american city_ watching people cross the street and realizing only 1 in 20 looks up from their phone long enough to look for oncoming traffic

we live in a shitworld

Who gives a shit? I live in a first world country in the present. If I had to do all those things myself I'd just kill myself instead.

lol it's shit if you keep watching randoms cross the road you fucking perverted sadist cunt

Good luck to your precious cavemen to survive in the barbaric world of the stock brokers.

How old are you?

moo

how is this a 'thought experiment' ?

did you have a point or what?

OP underrates the ability human's posses of adaptation. We react to our surroundings and if our gut tells us to kill, we'll do it.

the world is pussifying everyone. see: cucks trannies furries feminists et all

yeah... like a cow's opinion. It doesn't matter.

Thought experiment. What if all of you violence loving war mongers were living in the Star Trek universe?

Almost every single one of you wouldn't make it very far
>have no idea how to make peace with aliens
>have no idea how to operate a warp drive
>can't find Andoria on a starmap
>has never made a personal transporter by hand
>eats "meat"

ITT; OP imagines he is good at something because he lives in a world where no one wants or needs to compete with him in his preferred field.

Thought experiment. What if we all had to live underwater again, like fish. I bet most of us would drown. When's the last time you held your breath for more than ten minutes?

This
OP, you're an idiot

other than on this board I don't see any of those things so how does that make it 'everyone' and not just 'you'

I wish the world was the way it was long ago.
To be honest I think I would do very well.
After all, I've lived most of my life in an arid Australian region.

Something interesting is that the way we gained food was more humane back then.

Talk to some stupid-ass normie and tell them that It would be better than the current system and they'd say some shit like

>"Hunting an animal is wrong"

You know what else is wrong? Keeping it for it's whole life in some tight building full of malnourished animals until it gets killed.

Back then it would have been:
Live your whole life in a nice meadow until some dude with a spear ends it, and usually it's fairly quick.

In other worlds, the modern world sucks, and I wish I was a frickin caveman.
It would be better than the Sup Forumsoring and non life threatening activities I usually do.

"What if!..."

Too bad I'll never need to worry about that.

Thought experiment, what if OP was not gay?

>assuming mortality rates and life expectancy were similar to modern days in prehistoric times

>join Klingons
>kill OP
>eat his heart with some blood wine
>die in battle
>????
>Stovacore?

When?
When did I make that assumption?

so like, here are three guys who kinda know some shit. I haven't been camping in over a decade, so my instinct would be to find guys like this and work for them.

Also:
>this

I've done the vagabond lifestyle for a while but I've always had a nagging curiosity about leaving modern society with a group of like minded people to live in the deep wilderness or another remote part of the world. Cool to see someone else who would consider it.

I take it you're different with everything you accused us of. So tell us how many wild beasts you've slain with your strength, I'm dying to know.

>remote part of the world
try the dark side of mars

>>do you mean if we were born as cave men and raised as such? we'd be the same as any other cave men in that case.
the way you quoted that makes it almost seem as if you think you'd have a chance...

Over 20 miles walked? Honestly, I couldn't tell you. I don't measure every step every day....but I do know i have walked more than 12, with a good amount of weight on my back. I have hunted both animals and humans, with a variety of weapons from knife to bow to gun. I have harvested crops, albeit on a small level....enough to sustain myself, at least. I have started fires from scratch, but with the tools and technology in provided in today's society, there's not exactly a need to rub two sticks together....lighters, Flint/steel wool/9 volt battery, etc. Not on my cell phone ALL day, but it is how I communicate with those close to me....honestly though, I have no need for it. I dont 'need' to talk to anyone. I do it, because it's convenient.
Though...I do agree, most people would be fucked if, by some miracle, all technology fell. I am not one of them. Then again.....we don't live 50,000 years ago. We don't need to learn to live like cavemen....we aren't cavemen, and we never will be. At this point, it's just become a cool party trick. To live like that has become to be unwilling to grow, to learn, to adapt....though, these are skills I believe one should become at the very least, familiarized with.

this thread could be a voyager plot

watching humanity as a whole gives a pretty good idea of what individuals are likely to act like. if you pay attention enough you start to see the cults of personality. high school really has started to go far far beyond high school. individual thought pattern is slowly dying. this has been happening for a long time but it is becoming more and more pronounced due to ease of access to media. when was the last time you thought for yourself?

I am only alive thanks to modern medicine advances and knowledge of nutrition and germs, I was sickly as hell as a baby and I know that unless born in the modern age I'd likely have either been stillborn or died as an infant. Stop making so many assumptions op, makes you look like a twat.

Mexifag detected

If I grew up as some dumbass caveman than I'd have been raised to have all those skills and I wouldn't be dead you retard.

If you went back in time to the dinosaur age you'd probably die within minutes because the oxygen is different.

Fuck off with your dumbass moot points.

You know, the future isn't what it use to be.

That's deep

Thought experiment. What if Hogwarts?

Almost every single one of you would make terrible wizards
>have no magical powers
>have never used a wand
>can't find Diagon Alley
>no knowledge of potions

I'd like to see your caveman skills get you out of this pickle OP

there have been several mass extinctions in human history, modern technology and medical science have their limitations and we are not exactly immune to a collapse of society in a global national disaster, or a pandemic situation. i mean hell south china's been pushing the ticket big time on one of those scenarios.

I am Hagrid, and your a wazzid

Choose somewhere in europe.

as good of a chance as anyone born back then. how does using a cell phone in 2016 translate to being a still born as a cave man?

nigga wrap your head around this shit. 13 ms response from your eyes to your brain right. everything you perceive has already happened. your brain is just attempting to decipher it.

but also consider this. is there anything else but the moment you exist in? is there really a tomorrow. or is time only what we are currently in.

my argument being that time is an idea. tomorrow is a concept it is not real. it is just how we explain what we see. much like how your eyes are deciphering what has already happened. it is us attempting to make sense of an unknown and unknowable universe.

one final question. does the dreamer know he is dreaming?

Yet somehow we're still here now, so our ancestors must of done something right..... Fag

Exactly why I think everyone should become at least familiarized, if not proficient, in the skills mentioned. Even if you never use it.....at least you can survive in worst case scenario. No, it's not easy to live like that....but everyone alive today is only here, because their ancestors did.

OP: me too i was actually pronounced dead at birth from being choked by the umbilical before being resuscitated
its just fun to think about.

back then you were lucky to make it to sexual maturity, i'm saying society today coddles mouth breathing goobers and most people wouldn't make the cut

Since you haven't figured it out yet, I'm from the future, so your questions don't really apply to me. And dreaming is something we're all aware of in its duration but most if not all of it is forgotten when we wake up.

None of those apply to me.
I have my own garden where I grow things (mostly zucchini and such).
I know some edible plants like wild rocket for example and a few others.
I killed my first animal at the age of 7 i think (a fish with a knife) and killed occasionally ever since (never even fired a gun, mostly bow on pigeons).
I have done long hikes since I was a little kid (mostly around 10km, but I am pretty sure I could easily do 20 its really not that much if you spread it).
And I could light a fire at the age of 5.
So fuck you OP, don't project your faggotry on me.

first winter = instand death
tropical region = death after 4 weeks

do you mean if society today coddled cave men kids? I dont understand. We don't live back then

I, especially as a girl, love to tell my city friends how I've cleaned various bloody animal parts for freezer that my father and brother carried home since I was young, I forgot, like 10. Rabbit, duck, moose, etc. And that I've shot a rooster in the head(it was too violent for the herd and it's own good). And how I've slaughtered the chicken herd I grew up myself and then gutted them for many hours, I was maybe 12. It's hilarious to see their reactions.

But truthfully, I only know the basics of how to survive in the forest, I've rarely used a gun(hunting rifle and air gun), don't know how to build traps but at least I know some fauna that is safe to eat, can start a fire and make shelter... I'd probably still be fucked, though.

New thought experiment: Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?

>I, especially as a girl
neck yourself

14-year old edgelord

if your from the future why didnt your answer my question before i asked it? 667

i lol at all those fucktard preppers. they are all broke as hell paying for a what if life where they will still die just a couple months longer than everyone else.

>hunted, caught and killed a wild duck in my local park today

my gf freaked out but me and my son had fucktons of fun preying on these fuckers, in the end we made it by feeding them, getting them to come very close for food and then throwing a jacket onto the fatest male

Tasted pretty nice, but now my gf wont talk to me (shes a veggie)

I dont gie a fuck however, it made my son happy and thats all i care for

we live in a shit world because we dont have to hunt for our own food anymore, and probably die at 30?

genetically we're the result of selective breeding by cave men, so we're all suited to be cave men if we had to be from birth. if we weren't theres no way cave men could have survived either since we're their progeny.

except for literal retards I guess. but nobody cares about them anyways

>his brain was cut off from oxygen at birth

smh bro are you slow or look deformed?

Because I don't write down every minute detail of your reality to simply prove to you that I exist in another time frame.

rekt

well if your from the future it would go without saying that you still have the ability to time travel to prove the point...?
explanation for idiots go back and make a post before mine that answers my post.
and if your just from another frame would it really be accurate to call it the future.

>Pidgeon with bow and arrow
>got my own garden
>false, been a boyscout and later in the army longrecon troops so I've started a fire probably with more objects you can even name.
>58km in 23 hours with rifle and 35kg package
>no
>alot yes

I don't know how to do shit, so I'd find men that know and offer them my vagina in exchange of help.

timetravel laws are way too complicated for you,
if he makes a post that answers your question before it exists it creates abutterfly effect reboot so that you never ask the quetion

It would be like having to prove my gender or species, I don't desire to prove anything, but maybe understand people better.

And to say that I'm from the future is easier for people in this time frame to understand. When you go into the past, you don't travel into the same past just to alter a point or prove to another human anything. For you, it's just a matter of accepting or not. For me, it's an enjoyment to come to a time frame without knowing the outcome of every moment. Even being here changes the outcome of events, there is no need to change it further than only what needs to be change, and proving a point doesn't need any change. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some other things I'd like to alter elsewhere.

literally this guy is allowed to live right now as we speak

more like it would split the universe between the possibility i ask it and don't ask it. then those two possibilities would split other occurrences similarly. there would still be a universe where he did answer before and i still asked.

ultraculture.org/blog/2014/12/16/heres-visual-guide-10-dimensions-reality/

anyway op is a fag, because we dont need to hunt for food anymore, we evolved, to say that we are a bad species because of that is to say that progress and change is bad

counterpoint
man its like u 4channies can't even handle an abstract hypothetical. beep boop. now back to your daily scheduled cuck thread YLYL wrekt /s/fur programming

>pussifying
>implying being able to wipe out 100s of thousands of lives with the push of a button isn't more badass than chasing down a rabbit until you starve

ya essentially how i see it. even if those other realities don't actually exist and they are just potentials that are indicative of an uncertain universe.

in a post apocalyptic, return to caveman lifestyle scenario, you'd be better off than most of the beta male population of Sup Forums

the only one out of those im lacking in is local fauna knowledge.

>5 day camping trip with basic provisions (no tent) across the scottish highlands
started in a group of 6 bros, slowly dropped off and only me and my bestbro finished it.

fantastic experience

if i was raised in the same line as them i would know everything they know. simply put i wasnt born to do those things so i have no knowledge of it. no experience. i do have some from my many years outdoors

>if a bow counts, have hunted and killed animal for food. Hunt and use machete to kill cotton mouths that get too close to home
>got me on the fauna
>1 acre "garden"
>start fires with sticks and rocks
>may not walk a lot, but I do concrete for a living so being a sloth isn't in me
>have an old school flip phone: nothing but make work calls

I think I'd be ok.

I think he's trying to say that forgetting basic survival knowledge is our fault, not evolving. But it's what "they" want so when the shit hits the fan, most people will be fucked.

>tomorrow doesn't exist

No, the future already exists. Learn some basic relativity:

(In pic related, time is up and space is left/right.)

By moving fast, and in different directions, Alice and Bob have different “nows”. In this diagram Bob’s now includes Alice at some particular moment, but for Alice that moment happens at the same time (same “now”) as a time in Bob’s future.

askamathematician.com/2013/06/q-do-the-past-and-future-exist-if-they-do-does-that-mean-that-the-future-is-determined-and-what-does-that-mean-for-quantum-randomness/

yes
yes
no
no
yes
no
no

Im planning to do that in close future.
i was planning to go alone thou.
is there a forum or website where people who are serious about this gather? i couldent find any.

Think i'd be pretty okay. Living in countryside, have fair amount of knowledge about things that can be eaten, how to survive outside, etc.

Have hunted with both traps and spear.
Know several ways of instigating FIRE without "modern" tools.
Most miles ever travelled on foot with 38kg payload in excess of 35.
Have made tools from the iron contained in soil.
Fairly knowledgeable on local flora and fauna.
Have build several different bow designs from scratch. ( in the sense of starting with felling the tree or saplings for material) .

Seriously, none of this shit has any practical applicability in any first world society, except for bragging rights. Won't score you pussy. Might score some points with the lads, but honestly, it's easier to get drunk and do epic stupid.

Better question: how well would a caveman fare in our society? Since, after all, IT still exists.
Equally badly.

Thought Experiment: what if OP had enough oxygen at birth?

>can make a bow if I find the right wood and string material and arrows that spin as they should
>know enough of my local flaura and fauna to eat
>have planted crops and seen them through till harvest
>I'm a smoker so I've never needed to but I could if I had to
>true but nothing I need is 20 miles away from me
I assume by "gluten allergy" you mean the sheeple one and not the actual allergy
>so I'm fine on that
>20 mins of Sup Forums a day an then I don't touch it
I'd last longer than most people these days

Maybe he wouldn't be a dumbass faggot
OP not the "caveman" (Neanderthal) by the way

There would not be nerds or pasty white skin in fucking ancient society faggot

I agree. The appendicitis I had when I was 6 would have killed me.

its a fair point