I don't understand. There are many enjoyable substances to abuse, yet a great deal of people choose smoking tobacco...

I don't understand. There are many enjoyable substances to abuse, yet a great deal of people choose smoking tobacco. It is not only objectively shit, it is one of the most obnoxious activity

>cool
no it is not

>muh extra 5 minutes breaks and socializing
not unique to smoking

Other urls found in this thread:

technologyreview.com/s/407452/the-genetics-of-nicotine-addiction/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19363894
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it's "traditional" so it sticks around even though it's indeed shit tier in all of its forms

a bit like religion

Nicotine addiction is genetic.
There's research on it if you want to find it.

it is a clock. the numbers represent each facet of men and women, and the cyclical nature of life and death. the 3s at the top and bottom are heaven and hell, the left side is life right now, the right side is this life in reverse. the 2s are women, the 1s and 3s on the right and left side are men.

the 2s are meant to represent the constant nature of women, and the difference between the 1s is "good" men and "bad" men ( in a sexual respect. men who want sex and men who don't).

the numbers are symbolic also for the importance of each gender in their respective lives. on the right side men are more important since they are farther from being similar to heaven and hell (1 is farther from 3 than 2), and on the left side since it is this life in reverse the men who were 1s before are now 3s and are identical to heaven and hell and 2s are instead the superior number.

In this life men are better; on the other side women are better. we balance each other out. the 1 that is being pointed to represents me and my being a "good" man because I do not want to enjoy life, but I used to be a "bad" man and I would've been pointed at the lower 1.

depending on the religion smoking is much more harmful I would wager

still, I don't care about people getting drunk unless they are aggressive, but passive smoking just sucks. Taking the kids to a festival it is guaranteed you will have at least a few people around you smoking. How insensitive you have to be to smoke around children?

well smoking is of course more directly physically harmful, while religion is mentally harmful (including "liberal" forms of religiosity)

>Nicotine addiction is genetic.

>Using a genome-wide scan, scientists analyzed blood samples from smokers versus nonsmokers and found similar genetic patterns among smokers that may one day be used as a genetic test to determine who may be more vulnerable to nicotine addiction.

no it is not, according to this technologyreview.com/s/407452/the-genetics-of-nicotine-addiction/

the social aspect is defnetly important - it also doesn't completely fuck you up so you can't work anymore
>inb4 i'm sooo productive when blazing it 420 legalize todayyy

The most addictive substance known to human kind is nicotine, the point of nicotine isn't about getting high. It's about a subtle relaxation. There's no getting high or fucked up from it. It is the most addictive substance known on earth. So therefore literally smoking once causes a great probability of getting addicted if you actually inhale it into your lungs with deep breaths. You sound like one of those cunt millennial truth campaign fuck tards who thinks they're so monumental for releasing info about tobacco that was discovered in 1965

Cigars are fun.

I'm sure OP has never smoked before and is judging it without ever having contact with it, so his opinion really doesn't mean anything...

>The most addictive substance known to human kind is nicotine

I beg to differ.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19363894
However, in recent years, we have learned more about the role that genes play in the development of nicotine dependence. Twin and family studies have shown that there is not one specific gene that determines who will develop a smoking addiction but rather several genes that cause an individual to become more susceptible to being addicted to nicotine. These genes are responsible for how certain neurotransmitters are produced and metabolized, the number of receptors that are available to act on and how rapidly nicotine is metabolized by the individual.

so in short someone gives people who smoke a shitty excuse not to stop because "they just can't help it"
sounds just like fat fucks claiming genetics

Did you ever wonder why it is the most failed addiction to quit?

Ever know anyone who started back up after quiting for a few months?

well, if a substance is addictive you still don't need to abuse it. Ethanol is addictive, there are many who can handle it though.

But I accept the majority might be addicts. Still, it does not exempt them from annoying others with their smoke. I don't even say everyone should use a patch, just please be a bit more considerate when in a crowd. Tobacco smells foul on your clothes and is harmful, even more for children. I don't fart in people's faces in public. Yet the people I see smoke like it is a badge of cool.

I did tried it a few times (10>) though it was more often a cigar, and everytime I found it unpleasant.

most obnoxious activity i beg to differ
weed smokers are literally retarded
>DUDE WEED

Tbh I've smoked for 11 years and the main reason is that it provides me with something to do regularly that provides me with a regular habitual relaxion, quitting is a bitch even with a vaporiser because you get addicted to the habit of not only smoking every how often but you develop the habit of going to the fucking store every day, and nothing really actually fills the spot as being a regular habitual ity in my life, you can't buy weed every day and not go broke cause you'd have to buy a few grams at a time, and I don't have to go buy juice for e cigarettes often either. TL;Dr - it becomes a lifestyle thing that's incredibly hard to get rid of, especially if you enjoy it

Of course it's hard to stop smoking when everyone at your work smokes at every single break. You socially isolate yourself if you do.
Secondly it's a non-illegal and socially pretty much accepted drug, nobody gives a fuck if you smoke all day - which would look a whole lot otherwise with any other drug.

HAI GAIZ

more susceptible != predetermined though

I can't comment on the paper, no access

There's plenty more on Goggle if you look.

You've never had a non-smoker on your breaks?
I've lived with 2 different girls who didn't smoke. My smoking didn't make them start.

Wonder how the first person got a nicotine addiction if it's genetic

it is a close second, I can see some appeal of it, still shit tier

Please, smoke to your hearts content, but do you light up a fag with non smokers around? Do you get offended when asked could you please not smoke? I usually get told stfu when pointing people to the designated smoking areas.

I think there is a yt series versus lion or something, where equally obnoxious people lecture smokers

I'm not sure I follow your thinking.

You do realize they're still unlocking our genes and how they work don't you?

Some muslim got a goat pregnant that ate a tabaco plant