Computer buying help thread: Is this computer good for gaming at $1292...

Computer buying help thread: Is this computer good for gaming at $1292? Looking for something that will run recently released and newer games well on high graphics for at least a couple of years. Also be able to run 20 poker tables and background tracking software without any lag. Is dis gud?

HP ENVY Phoenix 860st Desktop
SKU:N3G98AV#ABA_1

HP Wireless 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 1x1 with Bluetooth M.2 NIC (Stone Peak 1)
No Additional Security Software

16GB DDR4-2133 DIMM (2x8GB) RAM
Home and Home Office Insert
HP ENVY Phoenix 860st Desktop PC
1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6G 3.5 2nd HDD
Windows 10 Home 64-bit OS
SuperMulti DVD Burner
2GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 [DL DVI-I, HDMI, DP, DP, DP]
6th Generation IntelĀ® Core? i7-6700 quad-core processor [3.4GHz, 8MB Shared Cache]
Microsoft Office Trial
HP USB volume control Keyboard and USB Optical Mouse
7-in-1 Media Card Reader, 4 USB Ports (Top), Audio [Top 2USB2.0, 2USB3.0]
Integrated Sound
256GB 3D SSD

Just build one yourself faggot

This is my battlestation

Nah I dont have time to be a pleb, I'd rather someone build it for me you poorfag.

Is it worth the sticker price?

What he said.

I checked the spec its pure shit OP just build a something with a GTX 1070, intel i5 or AMD, $100 mobo, 16gb of DDR4 ram and 750w PSU

Retards who can't answer simple questions all over this bread

You're the one being a pleb by buying a pre-built just do it yourself its not rocket science

For $1300 I don't think you're getting enough graphics card

That looks like it should run pretty well, considering the RAM and CPU are pretty good, along with that GPU. It should be able to run majority of high end games at a nice framerate. I have an Nvidia GTX 960 and had no issues with the FPS on high end games.

I kinda agree with the others though, you could get more out of $1200 compared to those specs, but if you don't want to build your own, go for it.

How much of building vs buying a PC is really just elitist nerdfags being fags?

Thank you for not being a tardfag

>Nah I dont have time to be a pleb
Plebs buy pre-built computers.

They answered his question.

What kind of monitor are you using and what resolution do you want to run at? That's the big question. That machine will be able to run recent games at high settings on a 1080p monitor no problem. 1440p or 4k though and you might be running into issues.

That being said, although it will do what you're trying to do, it is a bit expensive for what's going into it. Obviously I'd recommend building one only because you'll get the best performance for your dollar, but since you made it clear you don't want to, I'd at least recommend shopping around some more. You could probably get those specs in closer to a $1000 dollar pc pre built.

Just out of curiosity, what's your adversity to building one? I built my first one two years ago. Followed instructions, worked on it half a day, and it fired right up.

No not really

I get a corporate discount to buy it prebuilt. Not on individual parts.

OP can get a much better build for his needs if he actually did a little research and picked out the parts himself to build his own computer not to mention its so much more satisfying knowing you put it together yourself

I don't know when I'll have half a day, I just want it to work out of the box

>buying a prebuilt overpriced gaming pc

kek fucking dickhead

I'd definitely wait a bit and get one with a Pascal GPU. Way more cost-effective compared to 960 in SLI. As a side note SLI works often shitty in reality (sometimes it's advised to turn it off altogether and use only single GPU because of the problems) and is pretty fucking far from "double the power" the marketing monkeys want you to believe to begin with.

My PC has similar specs and I'd say its worth about $800. I just have less ram and an i5, but the i5 has same cores and speed. Build it urself and save a lot of money.

Fair enough. Do you know the resolution your monitor is and what you want to run at? Like I said, a lot of people overlook that but the specs it takes to get 1080p to run at 60fps is way different than the specs it takes to get 4k to run at 60fps

>2GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 960

Enjoy you housefires

here
Nevermind, I just found out you said "2GB" not "2X".
In that case that's overpriced as shit and definitely look into something different.

Buy one from vendors like iBuypower if you're too autistic to build it yourself. Don't waste your money on this garbage

The fact that someone would ask if a 960 is good makes me sad

What a retard you can put a pc together in like 20 minutes and get a higher quality product at a reduced price. How bout you buy an xbox nigger

r8 my custom pc

>Microsoft office trial

>24gb ram

what a waste

you barely need 8

People in this thread are fucking retarded OP, yes you'll save money building a similar PC yourself but 1200$ isn't going to break your bank (I don't think) and you'll run most new games on High settings. You don't need two 980 tis to play computer games.

Go for it OP.