Hey Sup Forums. I think the life I am living currently is kind of bullshit...

Hey Sup Forums. I think the life I am living currently is kind of bullshit. I want to leave and travel around the world on foot. Am I weird? Should I do it? I think I should hitchhike the entire us border to see if I get a good feel from it. What are your thoughts.

You might be interested in vagabonding if you want to do this cheaply.

It's not really weird. I've certainly considered it.

> I want to travel around the world on foot
> I think i should hitchhike

Just have no permanent residence? How would I file taxes and all of that shit? I just feel like I would be happier if I just left and lived for myself for once.

Angsty millennial bullshit. Every fucking sheltered kiddo wants to "travel" and "see the world". Fucking do it or don't. Grow up.

>hitchhike the entire us border
You're going to get murdered or kidnapped by Mexicans. Ask anyone who lives near the southern border.

I'm just asking what you think and seeing if other people have the same opinions as I do I think you should get that stick out of your ass though

Sorry hippy, you are too late. At least half the world hates you enough that they would take advantage if not outright kill you.

how much do you walk on a daily basis

Hahaha

If you are prepared to live roughly it's fairly easy. I'd say might as well try it. Hitchhiking isn't worth it save money to bus or some shit

What do you recommend sleeping wise?

Disagree on hitchhiking. Can be a pain in the ass, but still fun to meet people. Bus or whatever is def more convenient though.

In North America, hostels, youth clubs, tents. I was lucky enough to have a friend in Cambodia so I stayed at his place while there

Any place I can sleep for free?

I agree with you. Look up a tedx talk about traveling for cheap. It's really indoemative with a lot of great ideas.

Park benches

*Informative
?

>OP quits his job and goes traveling
>after a week it hits him that this isn't like the movies, it's actually really shitty and he's always hungry and tired

Kek do it OP, I look forward to the thread you make in a few weeks talking about how you need to make some quick cash

Homeless shelters or outside. Buy a tent or something. If you are on a proper pilgrimage churches and temples often let you stay there for free or in exchange for labour

Same fam. I want to go on some adventure. Don't know where to begin though. I suppose the solution would be to just go AWOL and see what happens

I literally hate staying in the same place for long though idk vagabonding does seem appealing to me.

Go ahead then, but without money you're not gonna have a good time. The novelty of being on the open road wears off real fast when you realize you're going to have to do favors for people to not starve

Most likely you'll get killed. It's not like it was 40 years ago, back when people had less going on so helping strangers was exciting. Now with the instant gratification from the internet, people are left trying to 1up their own amusement. This includes killing homeless people and rape. That's if a gang member doesn't get his street cred up by shooting you or busting your skull open with a tire iron. Then you got mexican drug dealers, who'll shoot their own grandma for another hit of meth.. Good luck fuck boi

OP is going to get raped, fo sho.

Shoheb?

But if I'm constantly on the move and pick good places to settle that can't possibly happen.

I'm guessing these jagoffs talking about how hard it is and how dangerous it is have never traveled. Still though, keep in mind that just because you read some Kerouac you are ready to be a drifter

Doesn't mean you are ready to be a drifter*

Do they have swags in America? If not order one online from Australia. Pretty much a 1 man tent that sets up in seconds that you can roll up and carry on top of a backpack. Have a bit of coin behind you for when you can't get work. I travelled around Europe like this. Sleep o. Trains between countries. Do it in music festival season and there is always going to be a group of people you can party with or catch a ride on a bus.