Overwatch Thread:

Overwatch Thread:

Think they're going to come out with weapon mods like in TF2?

no

No, if anything more heroes.

B-But Pharrah needs a black box...

Not paying 40€ for this.

Ur missing out dood

Same.

Homo

Those motherfuckers need to do something to justify the price of that $10 game. Basically just a TF2 that I have to pay for. I no longer play TF2, but atleast TF2 actually made me a little bit of money for Steam games. I also feel like the game has some serious balance issues with some of the heroes. Nearly every play of the game is Bastion sitting in some corner in his sentry mode. Exciting.

I paid for TF2

f2p pleb

It wasn't always. I bought it with the Orange box which, at the time, was a really good deal.

never had so much fun in years playing a game. If you're alone it's boring as hell tho

this game is going to bomb

it seriously sucks a lot of dickass. It's going to be SUPER BIG at launch, and they're going to try and push the BIG BLI$$ARD E$PORT$ $CENE, but it's going to fail because the game is fucking boring.

Don't believe me? It's open beta for this weekend, try it out.

There's a reason why they're limiting how much of the beta the public is able to play. They fucking know the game gets stale after a week or two.

I'd much rather pay for TF2 than Overpriced. At least TF2 is fully fleshed out. Overwatch feels like an empty shell of a game. Sure, it's in open beta but the release is on the 24th. Not too far off.

a lot of truth to this
I played the closed beta weekend for 2 days and i'm already bored and done with it

Every play of the game is someone pressing Q. It's the nature of how ultimate abilities work. If a Bastion is mowing down your entire team all the time, maybe you should try something besides funneling into him. Get a Reinhardt, Mei, Junkrat, hell even rocket bitch or a Genji.

Yeah, stale is exactly the word for it. After a few matches I'm ready to quit playing. I think the heroes are pretty unbalanced, some are just far better than others and quite a few are just straight rips from Team Fortress 2. Yeah, it's going to bomb and I have no fucking sympathy for Blizzard because they've completely lost sight of what their fans want and what made them great in the first place.

That's just because you aren't playing on a team.

It's better than TF2 in every way.

Just get good with genji. That cowboy dude can stun + fan hammer him to death in seconds.

the only "bad" hero is mei, but even she can be useful for her utility, the "overpowered" aspect you're talking about is not countering those heroes, there's a reason why you can swap heroes mid-game, although, most people, from what i see, don't even know that's possible. If you pick a solider or mcree and can't take out a bastion by running directly at it, is your problem, there are a bunch of other heroes that work well against him.

The solo play is lacking, when you have a friend or two you can really dominate with team comp and synergy.

As the game matures, people will start to automatically pick heroes who synergies

The pro scene is going to be so much fun.

If you aren't leading the kills with Mei, you suck at Mei. She's easy mode.

mei can 1v1 anyone, or 3v1 with Q up

i only played on a team

I really don't see the hero's as unbalanced. Mei is fucking awesome at point control against Reaper/Tracer/Genji. Ice wall is fantastic and nothing gets people pissed like invulning through their Q. Shit just having a personal heal is great.

I haven't really played mei pretty much at all, i'm just talking from what i've seen, there was only one game where she destroyed people from afar with icicles that do as much as mccree's gun

>You're literally bad
>This invalidates your opinion of any balance issues

Try again

I think they did a good job with counter pick heroes you just need to know when to pick them if a certain heroe is doing really well.

Cool, have fun in a few months when that shit is literally dead. Sorry you pre-ordered.

this

No because it's a shit game made by a shit company. Hots=flop SC2 plus last two expansions=flow D3=flop last 3 wow expansions=flop

They have nothing left to offer the world since quality is their lowest priority

Refused to play until close to release to see how balanced the game was

Sure a few adjustments need to be made but mostly the game is in good form.

If you think its gonna be dead because you don't understand what Blizz is trying to achieve here. They've managed it with Hearthstone and Heroes, now they're releasing the shooter they lack to compete with others

Hope that made you realise why you're the biggest retard ITT

Oh, and I didn't preorder.

Not sure why you think Heroes is a flop tbh buddy

All of this and so much this and much much more

>panicking this hard

Yeah, they're not concerned with making quality games anymore. They're just concerned about churning out quantity in as many different genres as possible in an attempt to appeal to everyone,

I wish they would work more with Starcraft. where nobody is able to compete with them, esport-wise

Because it is not successful. Not many people play/stream it. But arguably it wasn't a flop as the same can be said for vanilla D3 and SC2 (SC2 only got bad after 8 months of "balancing" and the expansions flopped because they sucked) but again no one played the D3 expansion's or the SC2 expansions because of how let down they were by the previous products

I just wasn't feeling that game after I got to Gold in WOL and HotS (yeah I was bad but still played)

They're following whats popular so HotS = their moba option for people

Overwatch = their fps option for people

yea sure i should play fucking tf2 because its so fucking balanced with the one shot lasers

>a few adjustments

Yeah, a few adjustments like adding $30 more worth of content.

I understand exactly what Blizzard is trying to achieve. They're trying to get their fingers into as many eSports genres as possible and doing a pretty piss poor job at it. You can't cater your games towards casual play while simultaneously trying to push those same games onto the eSports scene.

Well at least Blizzard has the money to release pretty good heroes on a regular basis so those that do wanna enjoy it can

I played about 1k hours of LoL and about 2.5k of DotA and after not wanting to go back to those Heroes really is the game I can chill a lil more to

Coh 2 literally requires more talent and is more fun at this point. Same thing can be said about SC1 and the new total war games. Not to mention going back to warhammer 40k which has always been better since SC was a rip off of 40k to begin with

Is overwatch really that bad as people say here?? Was really thinking of buying it...

Why not? If they're balanced enough and actually good enough as a competitor to other games (which they are, sorry that you don't agree)

$30 of content? Alright buddy, if you say so

In truth, it can be fun for a little while, but there's just not enough there to justify the price tag. There's one more day of open beta I believe so you should check it out first. Just remember there's no rush to buy it on release or preorder, You won't gain anything except for a few shitty hero reskins. Wait and see what happens, maybe watch some streams but in my opinion the game became stale pretty quickly and after a few matches I'm ready to move on to something else.

Hots isn't a flop, any moba that would come out will basically flop now, because people invested too much time into the existing ones already.
I wouldn't want to leave my Dota account that has all those cosmetics, so why would anyone.
That is what happened, Dota 1 was really unpolished and a mod you had to dig up and spend so much time to understand how to use items, UI and shit. Then LoL came, it made stuff way easier and more accessible to the more casual crowd. Then Dota 2 came and it's the second most played moba, so HotS for being the nth moba, it's still surprising how many people still play it.
SC2 is just way too difficult for people that don't have natural talent or a shit-ton of time, to get in to, also, RTS games aren't as popular as they once were. WoW expansions weren't as bad as people like to shitpost, but it still is a very popular game, although that could be because people don't want to leave their long-lasting accounts.

sorry what?

You don't have to apologize to me. Blizzard needs to apologize to their fans who remember a time when they made quality content actually worth paying for.

That's your call but I've been done with blizzard since I lived through them ruining 3 of my favorite games the Diablo series starcraft and wow (holy shit those faggot's won't let vanilla servers or wotk servers live in piece) fuck those assholes

"And by the way you think you do but you don't "

-another blizzard ads hole (they have 1 or two per dev team per game)

Actually what they're doing is salvaging a titanic wreck of an expensive project. Titan was going to be this WoW killing all encompassing next-gen MMO and they fucked that up so bad they knew it. So in a very short time from giving up on that they've spun those assets into this.

tf2>overwatch, this shits too casual.

I'm having a ton of fun during the beta weekend but a major complaint I have is their play of the game algorithm. I feel like it should definitely try to judge how much skill a play took as well as how many people were killed.

That makes a lot of sense. I completely forgot about Titan. It still doesn't justify the monstrosity they call Overwatch.

I was diamond SC2 but I dropped it because of their shit ballance updates every fucking other week. Week after week nerfing things until there was literally only 1 viable build for each faction Terran= MMM all day fuck that I want options I want to be able to supreme someone. Instead the game turned into a snooze fest

>Not to mention going back to warhammer 40k which has always been better since SC was a rip off of 40k to begin with

Was more referring to that. No need to explain, you're obviously a little autistic

Just remember they put the guy in charge of D3 onto project titan everyone knew the game was doomed from that point forward

Nope not autistic at all. I just like to come home on the weekends and play games. But I have a great disdain for companies that ignore their fans advice and act like they know what the fans want more than the fans

Look if you haven't played warhammer 40k I'm not about to start explaining this shit, just Google SC ripped of warhammer 40k

Oh yeah they did didn't they

you can play open beta right now, go see for yourself, it is 'literally' tf2 with less content

Well that's what blizzard has been doing for the past 8 years. Catering to casuals by dumbing down games that were good

Yes it is. It's a blizzard game expect nothing but shut from them here on out

But why is it being advertised so much then?

Same, I paid for tf2.

I was so fucking pissed when it went f2p.

12 year olds, 12 year olds as far as the eye can see.

The beta inspired me to reinstall ut2004, still alive, still best shooter, fucking insanity.

Get a load of this newfag.

same, not long after that i quit the game.

This is the exact same shit that was being said about team fortress 2 when it came out.

"it's boring"
"Same gameplay over and over"
"Its shit if you're by yourself"

Then steam took team fort f2p because it's slowly fucking dying and gaben knew that was the only way to keep it going.

Rocket jump? That sounds dangerous...

Except valve actually makes good games. Blizzard... not so much

No, life on hit with the expense of a few fewer rockets. She already has rocket jump.

World of warcraft is good :(

Ive yet to find an mmorpg to beat it. All those so called wow killers just flop within weeks.

TF2 was originally not free back in 2007...

Except for Diablo, diablo 2, starcraft. starcraft 2. wow, warcraft 1 2 and 3. Heck, I even like diablo 3.

And there you have it, almost every game they ever made.

Yea that's not my problem. Just because all current MMO's suck ass doesn't mean that wow is good

Wow went to shit when the development team claimed that it was too much work to ballance talent trees and decided to make the game uber casual shortly after its peak of Uldar release wotlk

They're having a talk with the lads behind private servers with possibility of bringing them in. It is just that if Blizzard won't contest the private servers they may lose the rights of the IP which, you know, would fucking suck for them.

Yall mother fuckers need some friends to play with. I've been hyped for Overwatch since day one, preordered origins edition and everything. Played the shit out of the open beta this week since didn't get into closed beta. I think the game is awesome and sure some heroes seem super unbalanced but there's a counter to all of them. There's also the fact that you can do stupid shit like have a full team of soldiers and still dominate the map.

But Pharah already has a black box under her power suit.

Read
Anyone who liked D3 is a cockmongling Blizzard fan boy faggot who doesn't know what made D2 great. The original D2 dev team shat all over D3 and they were 100% right. And I won't repeat why Sc2 sucks. It only started sucking 8 months into the release because they literally changed it from the game it was into something different. That's all fine and dandy if they want to change a game but they have to wait until the next release and not the next patch

but with the talent trees there pretty much was only one viable build...

Also checked.

Ur just dumb man.

Your the reason shit games like "Destiny" got great sales but then 3 weeks later everyone was all like wtf did I buy this is awful

Not true I had several successful hybrid builds that did well I'm pvp and pve it didn't work for all classes but for a hybrid death knight blood/frost tank it worked gloriously I was top tank on server

Keep on gargling up those blizzard cocks at least your making them happy

>thread about overwatch
>full of people bitchin about how awful it supposedly is

Why am I not surprised. The fact that hatedoms this size even exists shows how pathetic some people's lives are.

whatever dude. if your going to tell me starcraft 1 was better than 2 your opinion isn't very important to me.

Full price for a stupidly imbalanced tf2 reskin game?

You dumb goys got trick by the blizzard kikes

Even if that was the case (which it wasn't) it's up to the dev team to make other options viable or make the trees bigger but instead we got this shifty copout where they said "nope we would actually have to put work into making it better so we will just let you choose from a handful of abilities and only balance abilities to save time"

Again quantity over quality

More people are playing starcraft 1 than starcraft 2 as we speak and sc1 is only like what 15 years old or older?

Starcraft 2 is a dissapointment and this is coming from a WoL diamond player

lets have a look at your spendings you pretentious nigger

Just because you (1 faggot out of millions) like the shittiest releases of blizzards games doesn't make them good

It breaks my heart how entitled this generation is.

I am seriously not buying this.

Its was fun for a little bit but got boring fast. The game in horribly balanced and there are no where near enogh heros to keep it interesting. The fact that they sre trying to chrage full price for it proves yet again that blizzard if filled with hreedy jews

Threads dead just like overwatch

So many moaning bitches in here.... bads will always be bad!